• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

backpacks?

tjlukas

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering what the rules were for carrying a back pack at WDW? Are they allowed?, can i bring them on the rides or do they have to stay off while i go on? Any help would be greatly appreciated seeing as how i arrive next Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pirate:

Yes, they are allowed. Depending on the size, you may be able to put it down near your feet on most rides or in the little net thing (for lack of a better words) on the ride.

I've never heard that rule before and i've had no trouble with mine on any of my previous trips. I do try to avoid the crystal shop and and stores that are packed unless I take it off my back though.

Yes, they are allowed. Depending on the size, you may be able to put it down near your feet on most rides or in the little net thing (for lack of a better words) on the ride.

Thats exactly what I do. I also wear my backpack in the stores, never been asked to take it off. I also wouldn't wear it anywhere where it could possibly damage the items in the stores!:banana:

The "rule" is that backpacks may not be worn inside stores.

Really?:confused3

DH has worn our backpack in plenty of stores for the last 5 years and no one has said a word. And trust me, he would be the first to tell you that we spend a LOT of time (and money!) in the stores at the World.:laughing:

As for rides/shows, we have always taken our backpack with us on everything we've ever seen or done. But we don't ride the rollercoasters, so I can't say for certain about those.

one trick when taking backpacks (or purses) on rides like rollercoasters is to (1) make sure all the pockets are zipped/buttoned/velcroed while you're in line and (2) when you get into the ride, put the bag on the floor, and then hook your leg through the strap, wedging the bag either behind your legs, or between your feet. With your leg hooked on the bag, you won't have to worry about it flying out.

one trick when taking backpacks (or purses) on rides like rollercoasters is to (1) make sure all the pockets are zipped/buttoned/velcroed while you're in line and (2) when you get into the ride, put the bag on the floor, and then hook your leg through the strap, wedging the bag either behind your legs, or between your feet. With your leg hooked on the bag, you won't have to worry about it flying out.

+1

Amen sister.

That's exactly what I do. If we are wearing a hat/ballcap and are afraid of it flying off, we take it off and put our hand through the open hole at the back.

Be aware that any sort of bag will be searched before you enter the park. These lines of busy days can be very long and they have to check all pcokets.

I have seen plenty of people with them. There are also lockers at the front of the park if you decide you want to leave it.

Be aware that any sort of bag will be searched before you enter the park. These lines of busy days can be very long and they have to check all pcokets.

I was going to mention this. Please be aware when you enter the parks that the bags will be checked and it helps TREMENDOUSLY if you have it (1) off your back and (2) every single pocket unzipped or unvelcroed before you get to the table. Also, it also helps A TON if you just pick up the bag (with all the opened pockets) and walk away and THEN stop to refasten everything. There's plenty of room before the turnstiles to do this.

The lines aren't very long and it hasn't taken me more than three minutes even on a busy day to get through things.

Thank you everyone for the help. For the most part its only to carry my camera. and maybe a gift or two. I expected a search to be honest. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter