Backpack question

Tweedles

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any recommendations about a smallish backpack I can get to carry some waters, small snacks, camera, wipes, etc. I don't want anything too big for ease and so as not to overheat myself.

I really don't want to carry a purse cause it just gets in the way.

What do you use or have you used? Any good tips for me?

TIA

Christine

use a bum bag as we call them in the uk i think u call them fanny packs or something. they look pretty bad and are not considered fashionable but some hold a lot and it saves you carrying a bag on your shoulder or anything. if not you can get them really tiny backpacks

I have a Vera Bradley mini backpack that I carry into the parks and also I purchased a couple of those sling purses at WDW 2 years ago in different colors/prints that I love.

Janisport makes a small bag called "half pint," but I always had to clip the zipper. Otherwise, if I didn't zip it ALL the way, it has a tendancy to open as you walk and everything falls out.

I have a better one that is Dickies brand, But I haven't seen them again since I bought it.

Both of the above come in black, so DH doesn't mind taking a turn carrying either. I usually only bring a bag if it's going to rain/we need ponchos and jackets.

Otherwise, as I've said many times, I usually try to avoid having a bag at all.

Cargo shorts/pants: My true favorite is to limit our stuff to what we can hold in our pockets. Mens' cargo shorts can often hold quite a bit. Look for pockets with secure closures. DH has several where the lower pocket can hold up to two bottles of water! I also try to wear a women's version most days. Not a cute as a skirt, but easy at WDW.

You could alslo try a small one pouch cross body bag. If it's got a long strap, and you can carry it across your body then you won't have to worry about losing it. If it's small enough, then you don't have to do much with it on rides. Lots of folks swear by Baggallini cross body bags.

I've also used the inexpensive nylon bags. They work, but the cords can get tiresome all day, unless the content are light. (not so great if you planon carrying six bottles of water, but fine for a windbreaker.)

The other thing is to keep your stuff light. If you won't use 8oz. of suntan lotion, dont' carry it. Carry 1oz. in a tiny bottle. If rain is only about 50% chance, sub plastic poncho for a full jacket. REstock somethign like wipes every night. If you go back mid-day, and don't think you'll need the camera at night, skip it.

Oooh! Thanks. Maybe I will look into Baggalini or a sling. I was originally thinking a small backpack. I want to be comfy - not to hot and def not too heavy.

A backpack will free up your hands and arms, but I also find a bakpack has to be removed on every attraction. If you have something cross body,provided it is small enough, you can keep it on your shoulder during the attractions, which makes it much easier.

Does anyone have any recommendations about a smallish backpack I can get to carry some waters, small snacks, camera, wipes, etc. I don't want anything too big for ease and so as not to overheat myself.

I really don't want to carry a purse cause it just gets in the way.

What do you use or have you used? Any good tips for me?

TIA

Christine

I have a camel back ( ladies edition) it has extra pockets for things like you mention and it includes a h2o bladder( water sac included). I was able to put my rain jacket, camera, some snacks, hand wipes, spray water, and sunscreen as well as my sunglasses, and cell phone. It worked great and I had no issues!:woohoo:

Go to Target and get yourself a kids' backpack or "ladies'" backpack depending on how tall you are (if you are petite the kids' backpack will probably be OK, I am 5'7" so it is too small for me). The benefit is that my DH doesn't mind carrying it (it's a "ladies'" backpack but is bright blue, it just means it is smaller), which he does with a cross-body bag (ironically he doesn't mind holding my purse which is covered in pink butterflies and obviously not his, but does mind carrying something that looks like a man-purse!).

I always carry a backpack when we go to the theme parks.

I don't have a big one, but it's big enough to fit 2 bottles of water, sun cream, purse and camera in, which is all we need when we're in the parks.

What I will recommend is that you get one with padded straps otherwise you might find you end up with sore shoulders.

Christine, I can relate to your hesitation in carrying a purse. Whenever I carry something like that, I spend half the time putting it back on my shoulder because it keeps slipping off. It’s just a lot more convenient to carry a backpack or even a messenger bag. In fact, this cool looking Briggs & Riley backpack (http://www.briggs-riley.com/category/productDetail.aspx?id=Connect-Gear-Bag_VB430) should be ideal for the park. It’s got plenty of space to carry gear like camera, water bottles, snacks, iPod, cell phone, etc. And it’s a treat for the eyes!

I use a teardrop-shaped shoulder bag from LL Bean. It's perfect and has lots of pockets on the outside for KTTW and Photopass cards, park maps, etc.

I second the Vera Bradley Mini Backpack. It's small, but large enough to carry the essentials. I had snacks, and juice boxes for DD, as well as my camera, and a wallet. It has lots of zippers, and pockets, and is nicely padded to make it very comfortable. I have used this for several trips. :goodvibes

I have a LUG backpack and I love it! The LUG gymbag was on Oprah's favourite things show a couple of years ago. The backpack is small, light weight, comes in a ton of colours, is water proof and guaranteed for life. Its awesome. It has lots of pockets and compartments. Its perfect for Disney:)

We got a small nylon (very light) backpack that had a drawstring at the top and a single zipper pocket inside for essentials like cell phone/camera that you access frequently and want to protect a bit more. Had a ziplock with us to put the electronics in for wet rides like SM & KRR.

Carried 5 foldup rainjackets (the kind that fold into a small packet), some sunscreen, but not much else

Simple and effective.

I usually take my small camel back backpack w/o the water bladder. It's not too bulky and has enough room to carry the camera, water bottle, thin jacket or shirt, maps, etc. Removing it for the rides isn't an issue for me. I just snap it around my leg, arm or ride bar. It also has a waist and chest belt.

I agree that the Vera Bradley backpack is the way to go. I have used both that and the hipster style and they both work well. The hipster is nice because you can wear it across the body, but the backpack is out of the way and holds more. A plus for me is that they are extremely lightweight and don't weigh me down in the heat.:disrocks:

Oooh! Thanks. Maybe I will look into Baggalini or a sling. I was originally thinking a small backpack. I want to be comfy - not to hot and def not too heavy.

I purchased the Baggalini! It's not big like most backpacks but still fits a lot. I love that I can it cross-body over my back and swing it around front when I need to get something out of it. Plus, because it swings to the front - I won't have to remove it on rides. Love all the color choices as well!

Eddie Bauer has mini backpacks that are perfect for WDW (well in my opinion anyways...). I found mine at the Eddie Bauer outlet. I just looked online and it seems that they are currently sold out.:thumbsup2

I found a nice small kids backpack at Wal Mart for $7. At first glance, they only had pink ones but a black one was in the back. They are in the regular accessories section with the purses and other bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter