• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Backpack advise?

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
I would like to buy a new backpack for our March trip! :flower: I would like something smaller maybe, and cute! :rotfl: Nothing too big or practical, something light and springy looking! :cool1: Anyone have any ideas?? :banana:

A Vera Bradley style bag?
How about a nylon Micky bag? I bought one on the last trip for about $16. Very light to carry, has outside cell phone pocket and several other pockets. It is now my "WDW" bag. I never use it at home, only on WDW vacations!
Debbie

Do you have a Kippling store near you? or maybe you can find them online. Very light and fun, lots of zips and pockets, many sizes and styles, a whole spectrum of colors (Im slightly biased! my dd has 2, and I have 1 also) :idea:

We're leaving Saturday and I just bought a new backpack from Kohl's for $10. It is the sling back pack with one strap that goes across the front of you. The selling point for me was the cell phone pocket on the front stap. For the kids it also has a cdplayer holder in it and an opening for the cord to the headphones. Mine has a water bottle/umbrella set of straps on the bottom.

A couple of years ago, we got a clear/vinyl backpack from Old Navy (on an incredible sale, too). It's our "park" backpack and makes going through any security lines a breeze. The WDW Security folks always love it. Unfortunately, Old Navy no longer makes them :worried: but I have seen similar ones elsewhere online. (Plus the vinyl makes it somewhat water-resistant, if not actually water-proof.)
We're like the poster that has a "park" bag. I just leave our WDW/Orlando maps/etc. in it, that way I don't have to go searching for all that stuff when we are starting to pack for a trip.

Target & Wal-Mart both have a fairly nice year-round selection of sling-bags/backpacks/purses, occasionally Disney-themed :cool1: .

agnes!

Found one at Target last fall on clearance ($8) that was just perfect. Small enough to not be cumbersome, but big enough to hold the essentials.

My advice is to test out your backpack (before cutting off the tags!) by putting in everything you think you'll need, then walking around with it for a while to test it out. I tried this with the first one I bought, then found out that it was very uncomfortable (the straps dug into my shoulders). So I took it back to the store and, luckily, found one that was very comfortable! I'm so glad I tried the first one out ahead of time and found it didn't work!

jacksmom said:
I would like to buy a new backpack for our March trip! :flower: I would like something smaller maybe, and cute! :rotfl: Nothing too big or practical, something light and springy looking! :cool1: Anyone have any ideas?? :banana:

This might be too sporty for you, but we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this backpack:

http://www.babysherpa.com/

We have the original, bigger one, but they have a smaller version, called the "Short Haul Sherpa" that might fit your needs. It's not a cutesy pack, but I've been so happy w/ ours that I wanted to share. ;)

It's a diaper bag backpack, but it can be used beyond the diaper years. It's extremely comfortable, well organized and sturdy. The inside is light-colored so you don't get that "Black Hole" feel whenever you're looking for something.

Good luck in your search.

I use my Camelbak Day Star (designed for women), and removed the water bladder. It's light, just the right size, and a cute purple/blue color. It was very comfortable for both me and my husband.

I wanted a Disney backpack purse for our trip in March. I went on ebay and put in backpack and Lots of cute ones came up. I got a tinkerbell one that is the cutest thing ever. It was 8.99 and 4.00 shipping. It is so cute. I bought it on the part where you don't bid but they just list the buy now price. There were lots of other ones. Pooh, dalmation, tink Good luck

I picked mine up at a sporting goods store. It's lightweight, a pretty shade of green, but most important, it has a sling seat and frame attatched to it, so I always have a seat with me for long lines, parades, etc. I believe it's called a camping backpack, or campers backpack. I call it my WDW backpack.

debaudrn said:
A Vera Bradley style bag?
How about a nylon Micky bag? I bought one on the last trip for about $16. Very light to carry, has outside cell phone pocket and several other pockets. It is now my "WDW" bag. I never use it at home, only on WDW vacations!
Debbie

I read this response and am now really interested in this Nylon Mickey Bag. Can you tell me where you bought yours? Will I need to wait until I get to DW to buy one or can I get one at home (store/online)? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I have a little one from eddie bauer that is light and sporty and actually holds way more than you would think. It wasn't too expensive either. They have a lot of choices for bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter