Backless booster seat as carry on item

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Quick question. I know you can't use the booster seat on the airplane. Has anyone been asked to gate check a backless booster that you intended as a carry on item. DS6 and DS6 will be carrying theirs along with their backpacks. Wondering if I need to plan for gate checking them.

Thanks.

It should just count as their carry-on, if the only thing they are carrying otherwise is their backpacks. My son carried a backpack (to stash under the seat as his personal item) and we put his booster in the overhead. I did have nearly everyone from the gate to our seat remind us that we couldn't actually use it to sit on though (which I knew, of course). Now, of course, if there's too much carry-on on the flight and the bins are full, they could always grab it and gate check it anyway, as they could with any other piece of carry-on.

We stuck ours in the overhead bin no problem. I'm sure it must have counted as a carry-on item, but we each only had one other item (4 people, 5 small items) so it was no big deal.

I would just take plastic bags and gate check them rather than have the kids try to wrestle them down the aisle and into the overhead and also why take up precious overhead with something that can be gate checked very easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter