Back yesterday...feeling blue

princesswendy720

DIS Veteran
We just got back yesterday from a long weekend at the World, and although I planned a short trip on purpose just to get my Disney fix, I think it may have made things worse. I'm just so sad to be back home already, I feel like we weren't there long enough. I knew we wouldn't have time to do everything we do on a long trip, but I'm sad we didn't make it to Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney...and we didn't see any fireworks. What makes me even more sad is that I have no idea when I'll get to go back. Dbf really wants to have a relaxing, non-Disney vacation next.

I'm trying to stay positive, we did some new things this trip that I've never done before (staying at the Boardwalk Villas in particular, we're now spoiled after only having stayed at values in the past). I'm sure the post-vacation blues will subside soon...anyone else in the same boat as me?

Um... the last couple of trips have been like this for me. The 8 hr drive home is torture, and I'm blah for a couple of weeks. I've not really had this reaction after vacations to other places... well maybe once after a spectacular summer trip to Seattle.

For me the best cure has been planning the next trip, even if it is a year away :)

I feel just like you! We went the 3-7th and I am just sad and depressed. I am trying to plan an October trip to go to MNSSHP, but for now I am in a fun:sad1:k!

We just got back yesterday from a long weekend at the World, and although I planned a short trip on purpose just to get my Disney fix, I think it may have made things worse. I'm just so sad to be back home already, I feel like we weren't there long enough. I knew we wouldn't have time to do everything we do on a long trip, but I'm sad we didn't make it to Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney...and we didn't see any fireworks. What makes me even more sad is that I have no idea when I'll get to go back. Dbf really wants to have a relaxing, non-Disney vacation next.

I'm trying to stay positive, we did some new things this trip that I've never done before (staying at the Boardwalk Villas in particular, we're now spoiled after only having stayed at values in the past). I'm sure the post-vacation blues will subside soon...anyone else in the same boat as me?

I'm still feeling a little "homesick" and we came back three weeks ago. I am still reading this board and looking at pictures. I agree with the poster who said that planning your next trip is a good thing...I am praying for a pin code and as soon as I get one I am booking my next trip.

No matter how long I stay it never feels long enough. Last month we stayed for eight days...I guess maybe I should just live there:love:

We decided before this last trip that we'd wait a while before going to Disney again...dh is a little Disney'd out! But I was so upset at having to leave when it was only 4 days in the parks and a couple of hours in the pool that I started working on dh to agree to a Nov trip before we were on the plane! We'll be there Nov 6 to 14, hopefully at n
bcc!

Um... the last couple of trips have been like this for me. The 8 hr drive home is torture, and I'm blah for a couple of weeks. I've not really had this reaction after vacations to other places... well maybe once after a spectacular summer trip to Seattle.

For me the best cure has been planning the next trip, even if it is a year away :)

You think an EIGHT hour drive home is torture.... try a TWENTY hour drive back home......... Heck, if I lived 8 hours away, I'd probably buy an annual pass!

Yup - we just got back about a week and a half ago and I can't seem to get out of this funk. I don't know when we'll go back either. :( I spent so much time planning this trip, now I don't know what to do with myself!!! It's definitely depressing! Even worse is that I've been trying to talk to DH about when we'll go again, even if it's a year or two away, and he's not interested in talking about it right now. *Sigh*....

I cry every time we leave. Sometimes out loud a little :rotfl:. Its extremely embarrassing, but my DH has come to expect it :sad2:. I'm always so scared someone will notice when we're waiting for ME pick-up. We were definately planning something different for this Sept., but back to Disney we are going :goodvibes.

LaurenT said:
We decided before this last trip that we'd wait a while before going to Disney again...dh is a little Disney'd out! But I was so upset at having to leave when it was only 4 days in the parks and a couple of hours in the pool that I started working on dh to agree to a Nov trip before we were on the plane! We'll be there Nov 6 to 14, hopefully at
bcc!
I'm jealous! I really want to go back in early-mid November so we can go to the food and wine fest again and see some Christmas decorations again. I just don't think dbf would agree to it, he made me promise we'd take a cruise or go to an island. I thought about tricking him by doing a land/sea package, but I'm afraid I'd have the same problem of it not feeling like it was long enough.

I definitely feel for you! I always feel that shorter trips are just little torture trips. I hate leaving knowing that there was so much that I didn't get to do. Most of my trips are 8 days and I still find it so hard to come back home and adjust to normal life again. It's even harder to accept the fact that life at Disney goes on without me :confused: but, it's nice to visit the Dis and read about everyone else's trips! One of my favorite things to do is stream Park Hopper Radio and pull up the Disney photo threads. :cloud9: Gets me through the tough times.

I too feel for you. We've been fortunate enough to go every 1-2 years for the past several years, but I'd definitely go something like twice a year if we could afford it. I'm so jealous of the people that get to go a LOT. But when I'm feeling blue, I "try" to remind myself that there are Disers less fortunate than me and I shouldn't be so greedy. On one of the other posts I read today, the poster has a trip planned and it's the first one in 18 YEARS! When I see something like that, I tell myself to just get over it. That's easier said than done, I know.

One trip a few years back, my DD and I really had to fight back the tears on the plane ride home because we didn't know when we'd be back. The best advice I can offer: "This too shall pass."

We planned a short trip this past October. Well the three day trip turned into 5 days and it still wasn't enough of a fix to get us by till our next trip. I know that's why it feels like this next trip is taking so long to get here! 46 more days!!!!

I find the best way to get over Disney blues is to plan another vacation :cool1: When are you thinking about going back?

PAcpl said:
We planned a short trip this past October. Well the three day trip turned into 5 days and it still wasn't enough of a fix to get us by till our next trip. I know that's why it feels like this next trip is taking so long to get here! 46 more days!!!!
I find the best way to get over Disney blues is to plan another
vacation :cool1: When are you
thinking about going back?

unfortunately, I have no idea! If I had my way I'd be planning a trip for this November. I'm going to try and talk dbf into it...maybe some time next February or May if he doesn't agree to November (he'd definitely enjoy star wars weekends). I really want to go to the food and wine festival again though!

I have to admit I get teary eyed every time. My last trip was over 3 years ago and I knew it would be the last one for a while. I distinctly remember looking up Main Street the last night on my way to the Monorail and soaking in as many details as I could. I hope you get back there soon.

unfortunately, I have no idea! If I had my way I'd be planning a trip for this November. I'm going to try and talk dbf into it...maybe some time next February or May if he doesn't agree to November (he'd definitely enjoy star wars weekends). I really want to go to the food and wine festival again though!

It looks like you guys are DVCers, but you can always stay in a non-villa and wait for a PIN to save a chunk of money. And if you can pull off a trip in September/October you may be able to get some free dining out of it. I'm sure you have thought of that, but I figured I would throw it out there.

I know exactly what you mean. We planned our 1st trip(since HS grad.) w/kids(DS8 & DD5) in Nov. '08. It was supposed to be thetrip, as in 1 time. (Never understood the people that went every yr.! :rotfl:) We stayed on-site 2 nts.(ASMo) before joining my in-laws at Bonnet Creek(timeshare). 7 park days, 1 day at DTD/Chef Mickey's, 1 day at Sea World. It was a great trip, as I'd planned for a yr., reading unofficial guide, Mousesavers, etc., and of course on these boards! We got a lot done, but as you know, 1st trip is still very overwhelming, getting your feet wet. My DH said the same as OP's man, just wanted to go back to a beach(we'd done MB, SC last 2 yrs. w/timeshares). I kept thinking how great it'd be the 2nd time, as you know what you're doing!

When free dining was announced for '09, I knew I had an in, as DH had seen the prices of our few meals(CM, CRT, CP, Sci-Fi), and saw the value of the DP, and being able to try places like LeCellier, and now free! Through an autotrain summer special, I booked 5 days at Disney, then w/our car we could go to MB on the way back, w/cheap room there on the beach for 4 days - best of both worlds! He agreed(happily) and we made it a surprise for the kids. 2nd trip was even better, as we knew more and did more, but it was short.:sad2: I was so surprised how bummed I was to not have plans to go back. I didn't even want to be on the boards. A good friend was going for 1st time in Oct., so I had fun planning their trip, and by helping them, saw pics. of Christmas decor, and decided I really wanted to go at T-day, cause we saw the beginnings in early Nov., but I really wanted to experience it all done.

So I started planting the seeds, mentioning to others that I'd like to go at that time(w/DH in earshot!), and finally nudging him about it, since in-laws are using their timesharing to get the grandkids together this summer(hopefully MB again), we don't have to spend much, as we'll drive, have housing, and eat-in a lot. My DS will be in 5th grade, so it's the last yr. I really want to pull him out, but DH has to see if $$ will be there. He says if not, next yr., but as you all know it seems so far away.:scared1: Meanwhile, I've started planning(just in case!), knowing I'll have to make dining plans early for that week. DH keeps saying, okay, but you didn't book anything yet, right?:laughing: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good fall promo!
Meanwhile, I live viraciously(sp?) through everyone's trip reports, and keep watching the Wolf Family's video on Youtube!:woohoo:

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

You think an EIGHT hour drive home is torture.... try a TWENTY hour drive back home......... Heck, if I lived 8 hours away, I'd probably buy an annual pass!

Heh... that is the plan this year since I think we can make at least 3, maybe 4 visits before they expire :woohoo:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I guess I could be sitting here feeling all the sadness everyone is feeling. Our 10 day trip, ended after 3 1/2 days. We arrived on a Tuesday morning last week. DH started having Blood Pressure problems right away. By Thursday it was at stroke level. A call to his doctor and the airlines and we were returning home on Friday.

Doctor changed his medication and he's doing much better, he will be going through some testing but it looks like it was just blood pressure problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter