Back to Wonderland with a side of French Fries-New 3/15Mix up culture w/fun

I'm here!!! (and before page 6! :laughing:)

Your pics made me homesick for NYC. It's been too long since I've been back. I miss the MOMA!

:sad2: I didn't make it over in time to be on page one. I am utterly ashamed of myself.

I'm here! And it looks like we are just going to miss you - I have us planned to arrived on 10/14 next year! :headache:

I still have a lot of catching up to do on your other report, but I wanted to be here from the start!! :goodvibes

Kathy

I'm in! I lurked over on your TR but thought I would say Hello over here! :)

:welcome: and thanks for delurking...it's so much more fun when you come out and play...;)...I hope you have fun...

Check me out! Page One!!!
:thumbsup2

Hey Jackie...so glad you're here...:goodvibes...may be needing some book enabling soon...need good French/Paris books for Rabbit...start the thinking...:lmao:

Very happy to have you Anita...hoping you'll let me know if there is anything stuff you see out there (Ie Target...that you think I need to go with my trip(s)...:thumbsup2

I'm here!

WOO HOO!

Love the title.

I can't get over how much your DD looks like you!

Hey LL...:goodvibes...I'm glad you like the title since you are one of the people who convinced me to go with it...:lmao:

You should see photos of Alice when she was younger...she looked even more like me...people use to joke I cloned her in my lab...:lmao:

I'm in!

I was about to post on your TR today but was embroiled in auction stuff!

Tomorrow :) and then to get up to speed on your PTR! I'm happy you've started it,how fun1

Hey Cynthia...wouldn't be the same without you...I have some catching up on everyone's PTRs...hope all is well...:goodvibes

Nodnol! so glad to see you...you beat your big sister over...you are really a Diser now...:lmao:...love your input...:goodvibes

Wow, nodnol was here before me, she has truly learned how to DIS! :lmao: Still have to read your first post, but wanted to make sure to get in on the first page! :goodvibes

Hey Floss...:wave2:...see you've got your sister Dis addicted too...:lmao:...good for you...the more the merrier...

:banana: You know I'm in! Can't wait for more!:hug:

:hug: Right back at you...:cool1:

Did I make it to page one? WHOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO!

I'm not big on PTRs, but for you, the trifecta of P's? I can't wait!

Jaime

I am honored to have you here Jaime...hope you have fun...;)...hmmm...btw...did you ever finish the greatest aunt in the world's TR...:rolleyes1

Hi! I don't want to miss this. :)

Thanks for dropping in.:goodvibes...we should have some fun...:woohoo:

I'm all for going back down the Rabbit's hole....:3dglasses

Hey Julie...hi ho, hi ho back down the hole we go...:cool1:

Hi there :wave: Going back to read!

Hey back...:wave:...hope to give you more to read in just a bit...;)

No need to give me a push...I'm jumping right on in!

No pushing here...It is a strictly stand in line and take your turn kind of PTR...:lmao: and keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times...:goodvibes

Sooooo far behind on your TR but I'm getting in on this one from the start!! :thumbsup2

Hey Amy:wave2:...:goodvibes...welcome over...

Really, really glad to have you here...:teeth:

pssttttttt...

New Disney Couture bags just rolled out....

Not showing a new D&B yet but there are some mighty cute things!

Already with the enabling and I haven't even gotten out of the starting gate...I am in so much trouble...:lmao:

17 posts in and you start with the bag talk already?;)

Okay, I'm in.

Bag talk is fun sometimes...hmmm....btw...how did all that shopping go...you know Mr. Kenneth Cole/Steve Madden...J. Crew guy?....hehehehe....:rolleyes1

Glad your here Jordan...;)

Another lurker stopping in to say hello :goodvibes

i read your last TR and am along for the ride!

:welcome: fp....glad your here for the ride...:drive:

They have the D&B bag at the parks, although it's mighty hard to find. I may have succeeded though :rolleyes1...

Do you have a secret source:lmao:...so tell what did you score...?...I'm waiting to buy till after Christmas...I want to see if they do come out with any other colors...

Well I didn't make it until page 2, but I'm here now!

Hey Mrs. Darling...glad you're along for the ride...:goodvibes

I'm here and ready for more!

I glad you are here and hopefully I can provide a little more soon...:cool1:

I'm here!!! (and before page 6! :laughing:)

Your pics made me homesick for NYC. It's been too long since I've been back. I miss the MOMA!

Hey B...:thumbsup2...you should go back with Henry...for a family vaca:yay:...or not for a romantic trip...:lovestruc...if you go off season you could get a good airfare...maybe we could have a Dis Meet in NY...:cool1:

:sad2: I didn't make it over in time to be on page one. I am utterly ashamed of myself.

Welcome April...it doesn't matter when you got here...it's that you got here that counts...:goodvibes

I'm here! And it looks like we are just going to miss you - I have us planned to arrived on 10/14 next year! :headache:

Is everyone going right after us...:confused3...I'm going to have to look at those dates...except Alice's BD is the 7th...Da*n...:headache:

I still have a lot of catching up to do on your other report, but I wanted to be here from the start!! :goodvibes

Kathy

:confused3...Oh wow...you're back...that went fast for me so it must have flown for you...(except the illness...but you haven't gotten to that yet on your TR..you're just making it to the Airport...:lmao:...Welcome to the PTR...

PPP!!!! OH no...I'm channeling my inner White Rabbit here (hope David doesn't mind) BUT I"M LATE...I'm LATE for a VERY important Date!!!! How in the world did I miss this...I swear I need a GPS just to find my way around the DIS sometimes!!

Well you can definitely count me in!! I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of your family!!!!!

Oh and Nobby says he'll be following along...he's interested in what his pal Jedi Mickey is up to!!!

Hmmm...

I just had one of those startling realizations today that are so obvious that you think you should have obviously realized it already because it is so obvious...

Our trip to Paris/DLP is in 4 months + a week...

Our trip to WDW is in 10 months + a couple of weeks...

So what you might ask...?

Well the issue that I have just realized is this...

One week after we come back from Paris...will be our 180 days out from Alice's 16th at WDW so...

I have to plan that trip simultaneously with the Paris trip...:eek:

100_0622.jpg

So that I will know what ADRs we need...:faint:...to make the week after we return...

Because apparently... it is easier to get reservations to eat in restaurants in one of the dining capitals of the world (Paris) than it is to get a reservation at Le Cellier or CRT...:lmao:

So I am starting to brainstorm both trips simultaneously...:thumbsup2 (well as of today at least...)

PARIS/DLP

Since Hatter and I have been to Paris before...I don't feel the need to go totally loco and see everything like mad...I want (this sounds so cliche) for the kids to get a feeling for the city and the cultural differences and just enjoy being there...with that in mind...my plan is to try not to do more than two major attractions a day...one in the morning and one in the afternoon with a lovely lunch out at a restaurant at lunch...

We may do a breakfast or two out as well as a dinner out...but I thought since we are renting an apartment that we would have the fun of going to the markets and having meals in the appartment as well...:thumbsup2

Today I was also thinking (yes my head is hurting...:lmao:) that it might be fun to have something kind of French for dinner once a week-like French Fridays and along with that maybe watch some movies after dinner to tie in...;) (especially for Rabbit) I've been trying to think of some Disney films...but as of now...I've only come up with three...

Aristocats...

Hunchback of Notre Dame...

& of course

Ratatouille...

I am blanking on any others...(I know some/many of the Princesses are French but there isn't anything overtly French about them...:confused3

Am I missing anything?

(The Madeline movie is cute too...not Disney but that's ok...:thumbsup2

So while that's going on on one hand...

WDW/Alice's 16th BDAY...

I'm starting to think about how we are going to carry out Alice's B-day theme...(btw-we won't be going to AK this trip since it is shorter and we had a very AK/L focused trip last time around...

Since we'll be there for 6 days/ 5 nights (shorter than our usual week) in some ways I feel more pressure to make sure I pick the best ADRs since we'll be having less of them...:confused3...so should I slavishly stick to the Alice i W/English kind of theme...:confused3....

07-18-2009015706PM.jpg

or

mix it up a bit and add some more funky teenage kinds of stuff also...

100_1229.jpg

100_1193.jpg

100_3297.jpg

ie...

very Alicey ADRs...

-Tea at the Grand Floridian
-Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare w/ Alice and the Mad Hatter and MP
-maybe a lunch or dinner at the Rose and Crown in the UK WS

in between ADRs...

-Birthday dinner at Cali Grill with cake (they've been doing some really nice stuff...I've been peeking at the Cake boards...I know I could do a Alice cake but I also saw a fabulous Haunted Mansion Cake...:goodvibes

not as Alicey-but I know she would like...

-dinner in Japan at Teppan Edo (with shopping in the Japanese Dept store...)
-dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (since we are staying in the WL...)

What to do...what to do...:confused3...Should I stick purely to the theme or mix it up...maybe like a cool, funky, modern Alice in Wonderland?

and meanwhile I want Rabbit to have a good time too since this is going to be a very Alice focused trip...

100_1158.jpg

Hey Patricia...I heard the commercial for this and thought I'd share. Looks interesting!

http://www.syfy.com/alice/index.php

Thanks for this...:thumbsup2...It does look pretty interesting...I'd like to see it...thanks for thinking of me...:goodvibes

:rotfl: very good....

Jordan is just jealous that Manbags haven't really caught on so he can't fully participate in those conversations...:lmao:

PPP!!!! OH no...I'm channeling my inner White Rabbit here (hope David doesn't mind) BUT I"M LATE...I'm LATE for a VERY important Date!!!! How in the world did I miss this...I swear I need a GPS just to find my way around the DIS sometimes!!

Well you can definitely count me in!! I can't wait to hear more about the adventures of your family!!!!!

Oh and Nobby says he'll be following along...he's interested in what his pal Jedi Mickey is up to!!!

I know what you mean about a GPS system to navigate the boards...:lmao:

It's not important that your late but it's great that you're here now...:hug:

Oh yes...actually I have a few photos for Nobby to see...we had a gnome show up claiming to be Nobby see David but luckily JM was here to send the imposter packing...:cool2:

YIKES! I'm not suprised that your head hurts!

Your trip to Paris sounds so lovely!! Can I stow away in your bag? ;)

What are DD's opinions on the trip in the fall? Let her pick a few of the meals and then throw a few suprises in there for her. I think WDW is a theme in and of itself really. Throwing another theme in on top of that may become a little overwhelming!

I love the idea of French Fridays!! How cute!! That sounds like a really fun way to build up excitement for the trip. :thumbsup2

As far as a theme for the WDW trip... I guess it depends what you guys like. :confused3 Our theme is usually "Where can we find chicken nuggets?" :rotfl:

Oh my goodness! I love the Young George Washington. He's so adorable!

You must eat at Rose & Crown...it's so yummy and I think you'd really like it. Have you been there before?

I kinda like the idea of mixing up the theme a bit. You can still do a lot of Alice focused thing but throw in some more "funky" things in there.

I'm trying to think of French themed movies....but I can't. All I can think of is Beauty & The Beast. :confused3

You have to add Beauty and the Beast LOL definitely a French film LOL!!! They also put Aurora in France so that might be another film, Sleeping Beauty, you add to the list. BTW if I'm not mistaken Cinderella is also a French fairy tale so it might be safe to assume that it also takes place in France.

I'm all for a Haunted Mansion cake but my vote is totally bias LOL!!!!!

Love the photos and your plans so far sound amazing...ooh a bday dinner at Cali Grill...you will have such a great time with that!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter