Back to where we started from~~Arainging my daughters marriage and other fun stuff

We have talked about taking the kids to the redwoods a lot, it's one of D.Jay's favorite family vacations from his childhood. This was the perfect time for us to stop and spend the night.

The first stop on our agenda was The Trees of Mystery, it's basically a tourist trap built around the trees and the legend of Paul Bunyon.

Near the parking lot is a "life size" statue of Baul Bunyon and his blue ox Babe.........

As we were driving into the lot I spied something that I couldn't believe I was seeing.....

that can't be.....why would they do that.....I thought Babe was a girl....

You see "Babe" had been made anatomically correct....and well.......

DSC08950.jpg

DSC08944.jpg

These pictures don't quite do it justice...but I thought I better go with them.:laughing: I have to admit that there is a picture of me supporting Babe......and no, you won't be seeing it!

My mom saw it and just about died.....I pretty sure she was thinking "where did I go wrong"...

DSC08957.jpg

So once you get inside the gates you hike through some cool paths with all kinds of trees.....I won't bore you with all 300 pictures I took...but here's a few...

DSC08958.jpg

DSC08961.jpg

DSC08962.jpg

DSC08957.jpg

DSC08956.jpg

of course there had to be goofing around....

DSC08955.jpg

DSC08953.jpg

DSC08994.jpg

DSC08996.jpg

DSC08997.jpg

After our hike we took the tram up to the top of the mountain...the view from there was wonderfull!

When we got to the top and were on the observation deck, I saw something that excited me....

DSC08973.jpg

The Ocean!!!

Next to Disney the north west coast is my favorite place to vacation!
So we headed back down the mountain while the kids goofed with the video camera and waved at other cars.

DSC08980.jpg

DSC08975.jpg

With plans to sleep in Crescent City, which is just over the Oregon/california line..we said good bye to Paul and Babe and went in search of the beach. As soon as we found one with good access we stopped and before I could even get my seat belt off, Bailie and Hunter were running towards the water..

DSC09002.jpg

My love of the ocean has rubbed off on them.:lovestruc

DSC09003.jpg

DSC09001.jpg

DSC09015.jpg

DSC09028.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

up next.....the definition of "hell hole"

It was freezing and we were all bare footed but we had some fun for about an hour....when all of our feet felt like blocks of ice we decided to head to the hotel.......

Yeah, that's a little surprising that they made an anatomically correct "Babe". :eek: I'm sure he was glad to have your support! :laughing:

I visitued Muir Woods (north of the Golden Gate Bridge) a number of years ago and when I would show people pictures of it I had to keep saying that they didn't do it justice -- you couldn't tell from the pictures just how huge the trees were. Redwood Forests are way cool to visit though!

WOW Babe sure is .... well endowed. :laughing:

Glad you are a Babe supporter.

Someday I will make the trip to the PNW.

I just had a fit of shock :rotfl2:
I LOVE the pictures. I have the east coast on my bucket list. I am sooooooooooooo jealous. LOL!! Your family always looks like you are having the best time together. I love your updates.

I started a trip report too. Look at my signature for the link. If you read my latest update on my report you will see my surprise. If you want to go to Disney World before Jan. 3rd when Courtney leaves I can let you use her discount...........I am an enabler:thumbsup2

Hi, there - it is nice to see a post from you. I thought you had disappeared! :confused3 I can't believe how much your kids have grown since the last time I saw a picture of them. Wow. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Hi! Life was kinda crazy for awhile and my dis time suffered...but I missed everyone too much to stay away!

Yeah, that's a little surprising that they made an anatomically correct "Babe". :eek: I'm sure he was glad to have your support! :laughing:

I visitued Muir Woods (north of the Golden Gate Bridge) a number of years ago and when I would show people pictures of it I had to keep saying that they didn't do it justice -- you couldn't tell from the pictures just how huge the trees were. Redwood Forests are way cool to visit though!
I know!! ..thank heaven's disney doesn't make winnie the pooh...corect!:scared1:

The trees are so beautiful in real life and gigantic!
I wish my pictures were better

Glad you are a Babe supporter.
:lmao::lmao::lmao: I guess I'm an athletic supporter now?

Love it! And you're right. Some things just should not be life sized.... :rotfl2:
I agree!! I'd like to know why they thought that was neccesary....I can't be the only one to drive up and not be able to believe my eyes.

I just had a fit of shock :rotfl2:
I LOVE the pictures. I have the east coast on my bucket list. I am sooooooooooooo jealous. LOL!! Your family always looks like you are having the best time together. I love your updates.

I started a trip report too. Look at my signature for the link. If you read my latest update on my report you will see my surprise. If you want to go to Disney World before Jan. 3rd when Courtney leaves I can let you use her discount...........I am an enabler:thumbsup2

Did you mean west coast?....California's on the west coast....;):laughing:

I'll be on my way over....I wish I could go before then..but that won't be happening.

Does it ever rain there cause Babe looks like he could really use a cold shower? :rolleyes1

I bet the pic of you "supporting" him is awesome! :rotfl:

Holy Guacamole!, I didn't know you were back.
This isn't in you signature, is it?
It's like bringing back a tv show from hiatus, like V, or
Lost,,, or, My Mother the Car! I've been waiting to read about Disneyland for months from you, now I have a reason to live again. Great to see you back on your own thread, Cherie.

Holy Guacamole!, I didn't know you were back.
This isn't in you signature, is it?
It's like bringing back a tv show from hiatus, like V, or
Lost,,, or, My Mother the Car! I've been waiting to read about Disneyland for months from you, now I have a reason to live again. Great to see you back on your own thread, Cherie.

HI! I forgot how to put it in my signature...that's what happens when you disapear for awhile!

Awesome pix Cherie !!!Come on over and check out my 2 TR's and see how I have continued the Pole Dancing you started !!! I even got Kyle to pose in Morocco this August!!!:rotfl2: I also see Blue has found you ..Hint Hint Blue ;)Jordan has been popping in too !! So it is like the gang's all here again:banana::banana::banana:

Hi Cherie! So nice to see you back again:yay: I saw you on Liesa's thread - you snuck this one in there:3dglasses

Wow! Beautiful pics! Everyone has grown up so much. One of these days you'll have to let me know when you are in Oregon - I'd love to meet up at the ocean - would be a great reason to go there. You're staying at Crescent City and you mention "Hell Hole?" Can't wait - When I saw you were staying there, I was thinking, "Oh! Oh!" My parents used to take us there when we were kids - since then I've wondered why?

Hey! Cherie's back!! :banana:
Hi!!

Awesome pix Cherie !!!Come on over and check out my 2 TR's and see how I have continued the Pole Dancing you started !!! I even got Kyle to pose in Morocco this August!!!:rotfl2: I also see Blue has found you ..Hint Hint Blue ;)Jordan has been popping in too !! So it is like the gang's all here again:banana::banana::banana:
I made my presence known...lol
\
Hi Cherie! So nice to see you back again:yay: I saw you on Liesa's thread - you snuck this one in there:3dglasses

Wow! Beautiful pics! Everyone has grown up so much. One of these days you'll have to let me know when you are in Oregon - I'd love to meet up at the ocean - would be a great reason to go there. You're staying at Crescent City and you mention "Hell Hole?" Can't wait - When I saw you were staying there, I was thinking, "Oh! Oh!" My parents used to take us there when we were kids - since then I've wondered why?

I'm not sure when our next trip will be but I'll let you know!
As for the hell hole.....:headache:

Yay!!!

Your kiddos are growing up, it's so good to see an update, can't wait to read more!!

-Dawn

Hi Cherie!!! So good to see your kids again ;-) Can't wait to hear more of your traveling antics :laughing:

Hey! Who said the kids could grow up?
Funny how the adults don't change, but the kids do! Guess we're the ones living in Never Never Land!

Love this picture!
DSC09002.jpg

My love of the ocean has rubbed off on them.:lovestruc

And this one especially.... When I was younger, I thought those beams of light were God looking down.

Hope you're noticing I'm not saying anything about Babe and his big blue... thing!
:rolleyes1

Hey Wendy !!!:yay:How are you????

Hi Rosie! We are all good... busy as usual :-( But starting to get some Disney-itching because we are in the beginnings of planning for WDW/DCL June of 2013... Jordan will be popping in here and there and still keeping in touch with the Cherie's via FaceBook and all... will need to keep my DISing to a manageable amount but hope to pop in here now and then a little more.

How are YOU doing? Good to "see" you again...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter