Back to the Island-Double Dip Delight!Western COMPLETE~Cruising with a baby w/PICS!

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. It gives me ideas about what to expect on our first cruise in february. Have fun on your next cruise.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report. It gives me ideas about what to expect on our first cruise in february. Have fun on your next cruise.

Thank you, glad it has helped and have a fantastic time on your first cruise! You will love it!! :thumbsup2

I just looked at your trip report for the second time, it is great. I have to confess, I have only really looked at the pictures, but I have plenty of time till our west cruise to read the whole thing.

Your family looks like everyone had a blast!!! I have a Brendan, too!!! Great name!

One question, the Margarittavilles look great are the two very different? Was the one in GC located near the port or in downtown Georgetown, and what about Cozumel?

Thanks....can not wait to read your TR in detail.

:wizard:

I just looked at your trip report for the second time, it is great. I have to confess, I have only really looked at the pictures, but I have plenty of time till our west cruise to read the whole thing.

Your family looks like everyone had a blast!!! I have a Brendan, too!!! Great name!

:goodvibesYep, take your time..it is all still very relevant (except the menus have changed) Not much else!!!

Have you noticed at WDW they spell Brendan BrenDON...LOL poor guys can't get any personalized Mickey Merch! :rotfl2:

One question, the Margarittavilles look great are the two very different? Was the one in GC located near the port or in downtown Georgetown, and what about Cozumel?

As far as them being different, food & drink wise not so much. The fare is very Americanized...you will find Cheeseburgers in Paradise in both locations. As far as atmosphere goes, you can't do much to beat the rooftop pool/slide setup in GC. They don't even bug you to purchase anything (I actually wanted a drink but none of the wait staff happened by for quite a while. Of course I could have just gone to the bar but I was chatting). In Cozumel they have a fun bar with swings instead of stools and you can swim in the ocean out back but the water trampoline they used to have is now gone (broken they said). I spent an equal amount of time in both and my vote is hands down GC. But I would go back to the Cozumel one again if I were there! :)

Location wise both are only a couple of blocks from the port and both are visible from onboard the ship when you dock. In fact both of their locations from the pier are very similar. In GC, after tendering you get dropped off in this huge plaza with tents for the cruise line excursions and shops. As you walk through the plaza and exit opposite of where the ships/ocean are there will be a street directly in your path. Take a right (or cross the street first and then take a right) and head right 2 or 3 blocks. You will see it it is a big open courtyard orange building on the left side of the street, (You have to walk into the courtyard of shops and through to get to Mville. Shop is on the first floor, restaurant/bar/pool on 2nd.

In Cozumel, same basic instructions, as you leave the Punta Lagosta Mall (you have to walk through it to get out of the port area), again you will find a main left/right road, stay on the dock side of the road but turn right. It will be about 2 or 3 blocks up on the right hand side of the road. Look for the big lighthouse. The back side of the building is right on the water facing where the ship will be docked so it is very easy to see. :thumbsup2

Thanks....can not wait to read your TR in detail.

:wizard:

Oh thank you for reading, I'm glad you are enjoying it so far!!! :goodvibes

I haven't seen many completed TRs for 7 night cruises in quite some time. So I figured I'd BUMP my wife's from our 2008 cruise. ;) Stay tuned... We leave for our next cruise on 10-30 and her next TR will be soon to follow.:goodvibes

I haven't seen many completed TRs for 7 night cruises in quite some time. So I figured I'd BUMP my wife's from our 2008 cruise. ;) Stay tuned... We leave for our next cruise on 10-30 and her next TR will be soon to follow.:goodvibes

Not a whole lot has changed, has it? LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter