• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back To School...

Yes, in Michigan it must be after Labor Day. (She meant to say September)

OP, since you seem to be from the UK, (I think I saw that in your post) Labor Day is an American holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. :hourglass

Unless you are a year round district in michigan or charter school. I teach in a balanced calendar (think year round) district in michigan and students return August 17

Our school district is September 8th in 2015 (central New Jersey)

has ALWAYS been after Labor Day here

In NC- where we have year round. 3 of the tracks went back yesterday. The last tracks goes July 27.

Our schools here in NJ always start back in September, right after Labor Day. Since Labor Day is Sept 7th this year, our district has the schools opening the after Labor day on the 8th.

We typically go back after Labor Day, but since it is "late" this year, we are going back September 1st.
I'm disappointed since I was going to squeeze in an early September trip.

Public schools in Texas can't start until the week before Labor Day. Usually the last week of August. Charter and private schools can start earlier. The charter school I teach at starts Aug 6. I've got one kid at another charter and one at a public magnet school and they both start August 24.

We go back August 3rd, but we get a week off in September for Fall Break. We and a few other families I know are going to Disney that week.

September 1st this year. Our Massachusetts town always goes back the Tuesday before Labor Day (for 3 days), then has the Friday-Monday off for Labor Day weekend.

Yes, in Michigan it must be after Labor Day. (She meant to say September)

OP, since you seem to be from the UK, (I think I saw that in your post) Labor Day is an American holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. :hourglass

Actually Labour Day is not unique to the U.S.

Also in Canada. Not always the tue after labour day. We are the Thursday after labour day :)

We are in Massachusetts and we are starting Sept 1st but then have the 4th and 7th off for the holiday (labor day) weekend. We then also have Rosh Hashanah and Yom kipppur off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter