Back to School

mla2177

DIS Veteran
Hi! I have a trip planned to WDW Sep 6th-12th. I thought the crowds should be pretty low since most kids go back to school that week. Does anyone know when the Florida students go back to school?

I believe most schools in the south go back sometime in August. Crowds shouldn't be too bad but it's free dining during that time.

We go back August 20th.

Honestly, I don't know why so many people worry about when our schools return in regards to crowds. Most people here stay away from the parks during the hot summer months. August/September are still hot and frankly we are too busy with sports and club activities and school to even go over much during that time.

Free dining is what is drawing in the crowds. There really hasn't been a slow season since they started offering free dining.

Hi! I have a trip planned to WDW Sep 6th-12th. I thought the crowds should be pretty low since most kids go back to school that week. Does anyone know when the Florida students go back to school?

Every school district makes its own schedule, so there is no one answer to when "Florida schools" reopen. Heck, I live on a small island with 4 different school districts and we all don't have the same schedules!

You shouldn't be too worried. I was there last year from Sept 9th thru 17th, and it was pretty good, no lines at all in most of the attractions, and the ones that had we used FP, so it was great!!
We are now repeating the same week! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter