Back packs in theme parks?

jrstover99

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney World for the first time next week, we will be spending four days there on our honeymoon. My questions is does carrying a back pack interfere with getting on any of the attractions. Example, will we need to leave the backback behind to get on some of the rides ect...

I would not feel comfortable leaving the backpack unattended, as I keep our money, tickets, etc, in there.

I have never had ANY problems taking my backpack on any attractions.

Oh, and WELCOME to the DIS!!!:Pinkbounc

I always use a fanny pack for tickets, money etc. However, I tend to bring along backpack for other necessary items. Never had anything taken from it while it was left unattended at the stroller. However, I have had a water bottle mister taken from the stroller handle. This will be the first trip without a stroller, so I too am trying to decide how to manage the backpack.

Take your backpack with you.
Mine has been to each park numerous times. I always carry it with me and slip the straps over my legs. It has never had a problem, even on Rock-n-Roller coaster and that thing goes upside down. Tower of Terror/Space Mountain are no problem either.

Water mister bottle is your normal spray bottle with a battery operated fan near the "mister" part. Turn the power on and it sprays a mist of water while the fan spins.

I personally dont like them. You get soaked because once the "coolness" of the mist wears off you have to keep doing it over and over.

I have taken a small backpack on many of the rides and never had a problem. Even the less tame rides like Rock-n-Roller Coaster it has never been a problem (like pp just put it between my knees - and of course, make sure it's sealed tight!) They don't make you leave purses, backbacks and such off the rides. If you have extra stuff that you want to have available but don't want to carry all day, you can rent a locker at the front of the park. They're $7 and you get $2 back when you return the key.

If you decide you want a mister, I suggest buying one at Walmart. You can get one there for about $5-6 as opposed to at WDW for $18.

HTH! Have a magical honeymoon!:bride: :groom:

I would suggest keeping bags at a minimum. When entering the parks there will be a security check. At all the parks except EC they have special no bag entrances so while I breeze right thru you are still waiting to get your backpack searched. As the others have said I would not advise leaving a backpack anywhere, unfortunatley thieves visit wdw too. Also think about how heavy is it going to get as the day and the heat wear on.

As for the mister they are a hot item during the summer and you can also get a similar thing at Walmart. They are water bottles with a rubber fan on the nozzle. You can fill them with water or ice water then when you need to cool off a quick mist of cool water does just the trick. The WDW ones even have straps attached so you can carry them on your shoulder. Alot of guest use them in the summer.

We didn't really have any problem with ours, we used it as DD's diaper bag, but I wouldn't take it if I didn't absolutely have to. It would have been so nice to bypass the security bag check lines and to not have to keep taking it off and on for the various rides -- I took it on the rides with me but didn't wear it on most as it was just plain uncomfortable not being able to sit back against the seat. If I weren't going with small children I wouldn't carry any more than could fit into my pockets, lol.

Does a fanny pack count as a bag - in other words, if we fit everything in our fanny packs do we still have to go through the "with bag" entrance?

Originally posted by 2plus2more
Does a fanny pack count as a bag - in other words, if we fit everything in our fanny packs do we still have to go through the "with bag" entrance?
Yep! But they are quicker to check and much easier to deal with on the rides.

DH and I both wear fanny/waist packs. I haven't made my DS (5) start wearing one yet. ;) They are quite handy, hold what I "need" and don't get in the way at all. Backpacks I think would be heavy and hot to wear.

One of the things I do to make sure it all fits is buy stuff like Bactine wipes, a sunscreen stick, anything I need and I can buy small I do. It also helps that DH and I split what we need between the two of us.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

We have 3 kids and always have at least one backpack to hold cameras, water bottles, sunscreen, ponchos, autograph book, etc. If it was just me, I probably could make do with a waist pack too! I always drag the backpack on the rides, unless someone is sitting it out, then he or she gets to watch everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter