Back out of ROFR

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by goofynell, Apr 14, 2012.

1. goofynell

goofynell Earning My Ears

Disney just ROFR our sale of DVC points. Can we refuse to sell to Disney since we only signed a contract with the buyers who are now out?

I'm guessing in the original purchase papers(which I can't find) we agreed to let Disney have the contract if they activate ROFR.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Technically no but DVC will normally let you out if you decided not to sell. And it'd make no sense to back out otherwise because your in pocket in the same.

4. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

If you used a resale broker you may also owe them the agreed upon commission since you did accept the offer.

Otherwise, as Dean alrady stated, you will be getting the same amount from Disney that you have already accepted.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Don't understand the problem. Your points are still sold for the price you agreed upon. You get the same amount you planned on getting. Unless there was an under-the-table agreement in there somewhere.

6. jennypenny

jennypenny DIS Veteran

Maybe they're thinking they listed it too low (since Disney ROFR'd) and want to relist higher?

7. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Likely not in this case plus that's illegal. More likely is that some just have an aversion to DVC buying them back though I really don't understand why.