Back of the ship

canadianmom

Earning My Ears
We've booked the Mar. 8 Magic. We have a special needs son and so we booked the handicapped room. Has anyone stayed near the back? Is the ride rougher there---more motion. We stayed mid ship in 2000 and had no problems there.
We're in the 7th level.(cat.5).
Thanks!:D

We often stay aft...it is my favorite part of the ship! You will not notice excessive motion back there, and you will also get less hallway noise. There can be some engine noise, but personally I find that soothing.
Good luck and have a great trip!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Room #7636 is the BEST!!!

Huge room and if not the biggest verhanda on the ship.

You do get some motion but it is so nice to be rocked to sleep.
Best sleeping nights I have ever had!!!

Scott

We loved the back of the ship. As stated little noise in the hallways, and the aft elevators were very quick.

Have a blast!! :wave:

Hey Disney Family,

Where are the rooms we have this time??

4 More days!! See ya tomorrow.

The Chief

Thanks for all the response all!!!

We've booked 7138...the others were booked already.

Has anyone stayed in that room or have photos of it.

I'm sure it's great and bigger than the other cat.5 on deck 7.

Looking forward to the trip!!!!!

Lori:Pinkbounc

CanadianMom- Yes! We stayed in room 7138 for the 7day eastern last June 9-16. My DH is in a wheelchair and we had our 2 dd with us. It was a wonderful room. As everyone says, if anything, the movement of the ship is very soothing. I loved being on our veranda and looking back at the ship's wake behind us - I felt like we were the only ones on the ship. We sometimes smelled fumes, but it was not bad, I certainly didn't let it take away from my enjoyment. The room was a very good size, especially compared to the others. But it was still small and cluttered - even with the over the door shoe holder! The other thing about the verandas on the back is they are solid, instead of clear plexiglass, so DH in his wheelchair had to go up to the railing to see over - not a big problem. Also, the second bed pulled down blocked his way to the veranda, so he could only go out there after it was put away. We liked going up and down the "service" stairs to topsiders, etc. much faster than the elevator. Of course, DH didn't have that option, but he sometimes rested in the room. I can arrange to get you some of our pictures if you want to email me. By the way, we have booked the same room for next May 24-31 (western) - kids don't know it yet, boy will they be excited:bounce: It will be like going home to our old room!
Let me know if you want pictures -We don't have a scanner:( but I can get them to you somehow.

We stayed in 7638. Never noticed any special motor/engine noise. Nor any fumes, either.
Never noticed excess motion of the ship (which was a disappointment, since I like to be rocked to sleep by the ship)--but then, we had very calm seas, so we wouldn?t expect any trouble.

Hallway was silent.

As CaliforniaMom says, when the pull-down Murphy bed was pulled down for the night, it blocked the veranda door. You can?t get onto the veranda between supper and breakfast without crawling over that bed.

Excellent bathroom (one room) was large, brightly lit, with roll-in shower (with fold-down shower chair) plus fold-down grab-bars on each side of the toilet.

7638 was larger than other Category 5 rooms, but a lot (maybe all) of the extra floor space was inside a huge walk-in closet. The closet had sliding doors, but they didn?t open wide enough for me to get my scooter inside the closet.
If I had been thinking, I would have asked to have the sliding doors removed--then we could have used the closet space for parking my scooter (instead of parking it smack in everyone?s path to the bathroom). I?m sure you could do that if you need the space for wheelchair parking.

If you have any other questions, just ask! You?ll love your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter