Back of the boat on the Dream and Fantasy. Any thoughts?

That's a good idea. We stayed at a hotel recently which was connecting and we felt they were in our room with us, it was very loud.

That's a good idea. We stayed at a hotel recently which was connecting and we felt they were in our room with us, it was very loud.

I think the ships are much more solid. We only heard the people next door (in a connecting) once on DCL...and they were friends of ours!
But another time, there were two families together. The adults shared one room and put all the kids in the room next to ours (not connecting). I swear, they had to have been laying on the sofa with their feet up on the adjoining (to our room) wall....stomping to the music they had playing. After about an hour of it, I called Security and told them there were no adults in the room.
Never heard a peep the rest of the cruise. Not sure if they split them up or what.

I have to agree- I've stayed forward, mid and "almost" aft (not completely aft as the aft verandahs- yet. Have those booked on Dream in August) and it really just depends on the waves.
Occasionally I've been on cruises where I didn't notice movement anywhere BUT topsiders or palo..... far aft but also way up high. This is the reason I'm not particularly fond of the higher decks with rooms on Dream/Fantasy. haha But deck 2, deck 5, deck 6 and deck 8 so far-- haven't noticed a difference in the room based on location. It's all depending on the motion of the ocean :rotfl: When it's really moving- we can feel it everywhere.... everywhere we walk, no matter what room we're in, theatre, restaurants, etc I've never been on a cruise where motion was felt only in "one" specific area more than others- except for Palo/Topsiders and even then it's nominal difference. Like having to ask DH if he "felt that" or if I was imagining it- kind of nominal difference. haha

I have also booked 9672 but don't sail until Oct 2011. Looking forward to hearing more specifics about this and other aft cabins.

We're in 9674 for the Dream Maiden Voyage. We wanted a non-connecting room so we wouldn't be bothered by the noise from our neighbors (I'm a light sleeper). We're looking forward to our "rear view" on the trip!

Lin

The rocking motion depends more on the type of sea. I've been aft, forward, and mid, and sometimes have had bad motion in all of them, and sometimes in none. Just depends on the size of the waves.

My personal opinion, after all of these, is that forward is the worst for bad motion.

Thanks alot Stace, we're in 8502! :sick: This is our first time up front. Sailed back end twice(I may change) and middle once.

Thanks alot Stace, we're in 8502! :sick: This is our first time up front. Sailed back end twice(I may change) and middle once.

Sorry. :guilty: But you two have cruised enough that it won't bother you unless you have the misfortune to cruise during a storm. The last time we were all the way forward, we hit a really, really nasty storm. Lots of people were sick, but my family was only a little queasy for a couple of hours. And I think that's because we cruise a lot.

I have not been on an aft room on DCL, but I have been in an aft room on Carnival, and that aft room is my second favorite room ever - I'd do an aft room in a minute if I had the opportunity.

My favorite cabin location is the AFT ( facing the wake ). It's usually very quiet back there, with very little traffic. On other ships the balcony was deeper, we had to recliners. I'm hoping the balcony on the Dream will be deeper too !
I've never had a problem with seasickness in an AFT cabin. :cloud9:We will be in 6688 on March 6 !:banana:

We are in I believe 6192 on the maiden voyage this will be our first time aft and with a balcony. Oh sorry that is the maiden voyage of the fantasy. We can't wait.

We booked a Fantasy seven-day sailing for 2012 and requested a 6B. I was just checking out our location and found that we are on deck 7 in the very back of the ship. As I told my husband, I guess we will have no idea where we are going, but we will always know where we have been! :lmao::lmao:

Hopefully you've seen the discussion and pictures posted in the Special Rooms thread, including this one:

a3916ce9-2.jpg

I have also booked 9672 but don't sail until Oct 2011. Looking forward to hearing more specifics about this and other aft cabins.

We have 9672 in September...we are also very anxious to hear more on the aft verandahs and how "private" they really are.

Thanks HallsofVA!!! I had seen the photo with some comments and thought I had figured out which room was 9672. This photo with the room numbers applied reconfirms.

Thanks for the photo, HallsofVA! It's really cool to see exactly where, on the boat, our stateroom (9674) is located. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter