Back home

wayneg

Got back this morning:sad1:
Another great trip, High points were Blue Man Group, finding Texas Roadhouse (great food), Pirates and Princess eve(only ride with a line was space mountain @ 10 mins) and Busch guided tour, should have been a group tour but we were only ones with our guide so we decided everything we wanted to do. Behind the scenes with the animals is far better than thru the glass.
Had so much fun in Curious George again, totalled about 9-10 hours in there over 3 days.
http://www.buschgardens.com/BGT/sp_guided_adventure.aspx
Courtyard by Marriott LBV, again no problems, perfect location
Only downer was the 3 hour delay coming home, Virgin had to take a panal of the tail to repair some radio problems. Expected longer as they gave out meal vouchers immediately, so 3 hours was not too bad.

Glad you had a lovely holiday. Our plane was delayed 4 hours coming back but we were over the moon as we just stayed in Universal/Islands longer. Did you do Downtown Disney check in and find out about the delay before you got to the airport? So you could spend longer in Orlando or did you turn up at the airport and find it was delayed? I hope it wasn't the latter. We would have hated turning up at the airport and finding we had 4 more hours there than we had expected.

So you could spend longer in Orlando or did you turn up at the airport and find it was delayed? I hope it wasn't the latter. We would have hated turning up at the airport and finding we had 4 more hours there than we had expected.

No-one knew as far as I know. It was a last minute repair, or thats what they told us.
How did you go on about returning your car late? something I have always wondered about. The 25 night rental expired at 4pm so we took it back just before. Are they strict on time?

No-one knew as far as I know. It was a last minute repair, or thats what they told us.
How did you go on about returning your car late? something I have always wondered about. The 25 night rental expired at 4pm so we took it back just before. Are they strict on time?

i think they charge you for an extra day (by the day), but i suppose it's something you should clarify before you do it...

We suspected we would be charged an extra's day's rental, which we were not bothered about. We couldn't remember what time we had picked it up because our plane had been delayed in departing and also with a t-storm when we had arrived. The rental papers we had were packed away in the hand luggage.

We just turned up at the airport assuming we would be charged but we were not. It turned out we had rented the car at 7.30 pm and we returned it at 7.05 pm so it turned out okay. We had a fantastic full day and then a minimal wait at the airport.

I am hoping for a delay next year on the return journey because I have not suffered from jet lag this year at all for the first time. The flight home was at 10.30 pm which helped me rest during the journey.

Checking in at Downtown Disney they knew of the delay at 9 am. There was a technical fault and they were flying in another plane. As I keep saying we were delighted with the delay.

Glad you had a lovely holiday. Our plane was delayed 4 hours coming back but we were over the moon as we just stayed in Universal/Islands longer. Did you do Downtown Disney check in and find out about the delay before you got to the airport? So you could spend longer in Orlando or did you turn up at the airport and find it was delayed? I hope it wasn't the latter. We would have hated turning up at the airport and finding we had 4 more hours there than we had expected.

This is what happened to us in May urrrrgggghhhhh.......
Hoping it doesn happen when we go again next month.

welcome back wayne, its seems ages since you went! we did 23 days last year and that didnt fly by, this year we have had to do 15 days in July because we have to go back again in October for 15 nights for a family wedding. My dh only is entitled to the standard holidays days off each year, so its a choice of either one long holiday in florida and then no days off, or a shorter one with some days off!
Thanks for the info on the hotel i will look into it.
With the car hire you can take your car back after the stated time as the car hire companies do give a couple of hours grace.

welcome back wayne, its seems ages since you went! we did 23 days last year and that didnt fly by.

This is 2nd year we have done 25 nights, the 1st 2 weeks goes nice and steady but then it just seems to go so fast.
Next 2 trips are short, 9 nights Vegas/Disneyland then 14 nights Florida next Easter. Have to wait until next Aug for a long stay again.

Welcome home mate, glad you had a good holiday. We find 3 weeks suits us fine now, the last week flies by but like you say the rest does not.

We are going next March too.

Wayne - see you are off to Windsor Hills at Easter - we go there in October (also went last Christmas to the same place)

Hi Wayne,

Welcome home! Great to hear you had a good time - like the sound of that new restaurant you found :thumbsup2

Tracey :goodvibes

Wayne - see you are off to Windsor Hills at Easter - we go there in October (also went last Christmas to the same place)

I dont know much about the place, only what I have read on a few websites. Perfer hotels but we need 2 bedrooms for Easter, DS friend is going with us. 2 hotels worked out a bit more expensive. I like someone to come in a make my bed but its only for 8 nights before the cruise. Pool looks nice.
Booked this Condo, anyone with bad experiences let me know then I can cancel.
http://mymagichome.com/

Hi Wayne,

Welcome home! Great to hear you had a good time - like the sound of that new restaurant you found :thumbsup2

Tracey :goodvibes

Its a great place, good menu. Very easy to get to. There is also Orlando Ale House about 100 yards away, and someone told me a Mimi's cafe near also, but did not see it, we loved Mimi's just outside Disneyland, great liver and onions.
Went to Ale House LBV few days ago, had 35 good sized shrimp in Garlic sauce on a bed of pasta for $9.95, no way could I eat the pasta after 35 shrimp, also if you ring the freephone number on your reciept answer a survey(takes about 3 mins all button pushing) you get a free dessert next visit. A free Capt Jacks dessert is big enough for 3 to share.

Got back this morning:sad1:

Only downer was the 3 hour delay coming home, Virgin had to take a panal of the tail to repair some radio problems. Expected longer as they gave out meal vouchers immediately, so 3 hours was not too bad.

Hi Wayne welcome back we were on the same flight as you:hug:
Barry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter