Back home with great MAKEUP tips for WDW

Liliyana

Scruffy-looking Nerf Herder
There have been questions about what kinds of makeup to wear in the 'world, and luckily, I made the right choices :goodvibes First of all- I wore mineral makeup foundation (in my case, Everyday Minerals) daily. It's a loose powder, it doesn't melt off, and it stayed put. But the best part of all: I'm as pale as it gets, and although I didn't put any actual sunscreen on my face, I got NO sunburn there. I used regular ol' sunscreen on my body, and burned. Mineral makeup has natural 'screen and it ended up working better than the lotion kind.

Mascara! I had mentioned in previous threads that I wear Kiss Me mascara, made by Blinc. I have naturally watery eyes and cry easily as well ;) so I wear this daily. I wore it in the 'world and through sweating, water rides, rain, and even swimming with my face immersed, it STAYED ON. It builds tubes around your eyelashes and the only way to get it off is to soak it and apply pressure at the same time (like, in the shower, while gently pressing down on your lashes). http://www.blincinc.com/about_kiss_me.htm It can be bought cheaper on eBay.

Also used MAC's TechnaKohl eyeliner in graphblack which stayed put just fine. After all, it's MAC! :love:

Thanks for the makeup tips! I always wear foundation at WDW and I love to hear what works for other people.

I also wore mineral makeup during my last trip in August and it really stayed well. I used a sunscreen before applying it and for the first time, I didn't get burnt (I usually burn with suncreen alone).

AH HA!! Thanks for the tip...I've been searching for a new mascara - esp. waterproof...going to have to try this. I use Bare Minerals makeup so I totally agree with you on the mineral makeup! I won't wear anything else now! And we can carry our makeup on the plane since it's not liquid! Ah, it's the little things that just make my day! :woohoo:

Don't hate us 'cuz we're beautiful!!! princess:

I have never tried this makeup but I would love to try it out! I see Sephora and QVC sell it--aswell as the id website. Can you recomend a a few "must have" items aswell as the best place/price to purchase? Thanks.

I used Bare Minerals for several years, until I found Everyday Minerals. Half the price, and even better, in my opinion!! For foundation, you have 4 options with Everyday Minerals -- original glo (that dewey look,) semi-matte, matte, and my favorite, intensive. Mineral makeup is so great for this humid climate! (Our climate here is pretty identical to Orlando's.)

*hugs her Everyday Minerals* :love:

-gina-

Wow, it's so cool that a couple of you mentioned Everyday Minerals- that's the brand I wear! I've tried several and they're my favorite.

WHAT? Y'all put on makeup to go to the theme parks?

(I don't wear it at home, so I certainly wouldn't wear it in the hot humid Florida weather!)

TravelinGal said:

(I don't wear it at home, so I certainly wouldn't wear it in the hot humid Florida weather!)

LOL I was going to ask why the need to put on makeup to go to a park it seems silly to me but eh what do I know I am a guy. I guess because my DW never wears the stuff I am not used to it I would cringe if she did and had to stop to re do it or even just doing it in teh morning before we go that is burning park time and that is a no no in our family.

Where can you buy Everyday Minerals? I just bought some Bare Minerals powders last month and really like them, but they're very expensive.

TravelinGal said:
I can't leave the house without makeup O_O I'm normally a full makeup kinda girl- various blended shades of eyeshadow, bronzer, concealer, lipstick, blah blah. But at Disney I narrow it down to powder, mascara and occasionally eyeliner.

TravelinGal said:

In a word, YES! Especially for all the pictures that are going to wind up in the photo albums!

(I have very fair skin and blonde eyelashes, so my features kind of "disappear" unless I wear makeup.) Just the basics though: foundation, blush, eye shadow and mascara for daytime.

Of course, foundation with sunscreen is good to use all year round, and not just when in Florida, for protection against the UVB rays that burn, and the UVA rays that age the skin. (fine lines and wrinkles-- :eek: )

I think that whatever makes a person feel both comfortable and attractive is what matters, whether its a bare face or a more made up face.

(But please, use the sunscreen!!) :sunny:

Kathy

Hmmm...I've never tried Everyday Minerals, I should check them out. The one thing I love about the mineral makeup is that I don't feel like I've got make up on...liquid foundation always made me feel like I had a mask on and then if it was hot, my face, errrr, mask, would feel like it was sliding down my face!!

One of the things I could probably not live without, as far as Bare Minerals goes, is "Warmth" - it's like a bronzer and since I'm fair skinned and blonde it makes me look like I have kind of a healthy glow and my face doesn't look so ghostly white!! I even have to draw in my eyebrows because they're so light! How sad is that!

And I could definitely never go anywhere without makeup...it's not fair to those around me!!! :rotfl2:

I just bought a bare mineral starter kit yesterday and I love love love it. It blends perfectly, its perfectly light. I will NEVER wear anything else. I had decided to just go all barefaced and scary to disney but now I can actually get in the pictures and look pretty.

I normally use the Bare Minerals foundation, but just ordered the Everyday Minerals samples - thanks for those who suggested it. I definitely love the lower price...

I have a question for all the Bare Mineral users. I love my Bare Minerals, but it's so messy. I seem to leave powder all over the sink. Is there a trick to making it less messy? Also I'm in between colors right now, so I try to mix part of 2 different kinds, but again, I make a mess. Last question...how do you to touch ups through out the day? Do you carry arount the foundation case and the brush? Is there a compact option?

Hee hee... I don't get too much powder on the sink anymore, but I learned to put on my mineral makeup before getting dressed. Otherwise it sprinkles all over my shirt. :blush:

BTW, anyone who likes MAC... free shipping in the US at www.maccosmetics.com through Oct. 7 with code: OUTLOUD

I do my makeup before I get dressed as well so I don't get it on my clothes! I have not yet figured out how to make it less messy though. I have a small towel that I lay out on my vanity in the morning to try and catch the mess - although it seems to not be very much. I just throw it in the wash every few days and keep it folded up between uses so it doesn't go all over the place.

They do have a compact that I got once - but don't recall seeing it in the catalog...I'm on an automatic delivery program and each package comes with a free gift, like a little thing of moisturizer, the compact or a new brush, etc...

And I've definitely played around with mixing colors too, but it can get a bit messy! It's hard to do, but you can get that shaker top off so the container is completely open...if not, just mix inside the lid of a jar.

For touch ups I use the lighter brush that I use for the mineral veil - it's like a lighter coverage brush as opposed to the full coverage Kabuki brush. I just try to either keep my compact with me or keep a spare jar in my bag. I get 2 jars of the Light at a time, so I usually have plenty of that to spare.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that found it messy. I'll have to see if I can find the compact. I haven't seen that before.

Thanks again!
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter