• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back home 27th -31st May Highs and Lows

ManCityMickey

There's one striker money can't buy.
Got back home yesterday from our 4 night stay at the Explorers. Here are our highs and lows...

Highs

Brilliant crossing on Eurotunnel.
Lovely to drive on the French Autoroutes, so much better than UK motorways.

Check-in at the Explorers started our few days of magic in the best possible way - We got a FREE upgrade to the Sweet Suite!!! As I was the only one at the Check-in desk, I kept it a secret from the rest of my gang, until we got to the room. The screams of delight that followed meant that they were all happy with the room!!!

All CM's were fab, especially the English CM in Hollywood Hotel - He was just brilliant at his role play!

Organised meet and greets were well organised. Even Princess Pavillion seemed worth the 90 minute wait in the pouring rain when I saw the look on our DD4's little face when she got to meet Ariel.

Lows

Renovation work in the hotel, which we weren't aware of, took some of the atmosphere away.

Rude people, pushing and shoving past small children - no surprise there!

A couple of unsavoury moments with two characters at the 'unorganised' meet and greets. Jack Sparrow purposely choosing every other person waiting, before finally allowing my DW, DD12 and DMIL, to have pictures with him - seconds before they were about to walk off. His "minder" did look very embarrassed by JS' behaviour!! And Lilo in WDS purposely avoiding contact with all English speaking visitors.

In general it was a good trip. The Park could do with a little spruce up. Some areas looked a little grubby, but looking through our DD's eyes, it was just magical.

Not sure whether we will go back in the near future, or save hard and try to get to Florida in a couple of years.

Yay for surprise upgrades for no particular reason! Those are the best. :goodvibes

Not so great about the few character interactions... :sad2:

Welcome home!

Glad you had a good time and got an upgrade to your room. What is the Explorers Hotel like??

Sorry to hear about the characters.

Got back home yesterday from our 4 night stay at the Explorers. Here are our highs and lows...

Highs

Brilliant crossing on Eurotunnel.
Lovely to drive on the French Autoroutes, so much better than UK motorways.

Check-in at the Explorers started our few days of magic in the best possible way - We got a FREE upgrade to the Sweet Suite!!! As I was the only one at the Check-in desk, I kept it a secret from the rest of my gang, until we got to the room. The screams of delight that followed meant that they were all happy with the room!!!

All CM's were fab, especially the English CM in Hollywood Hotel - He was just brilliant at his role play!

Organised meet and greets were well organised. Even Princess Pavillion seemed worth the 90 minute wait in the pouring rain when I saw the look on our DD4's little face when she got to meet Ariel.

Lows

Renovation work in the hotel, which we weren't aware of, took some of the atmosphere away.

Rude people, pushing and shoving past small children - no surprise there!

A couple of unsavoury moments with two characters at the 'unorganised' meet and greets. Jack Sparrow purposely choosing every other person waiting, before finally allowing my DW, DD12 and DMIL, to have pictures with him - seconds before they were about to walk off. His "minder" did look very embarrassed by JS' behaviour!! And Lilo in WDS purposely avoiding contact with all English speaking visitors.

In general it was a good trip. The Park could do with a little spruce up. Some areas looked a little grubby, but looking through our DD's eyes, it was just magical.

Not sure whether we will go back in the near future, or save hard and try to get to Florida in a couple of years.

We were at the explorers same time as you too, and looks like we were in the same queue for the princess tickets on Tuesday? We got drenched too.
What are the suites like? We were put in a bigger room for 6 so the kids had a little side room to themselves , loved it.
Did you not get delayed on the Eurotunnel on the Monday ?

I also thought the meet and greets were better this time. I did get confused about the park closing times the leaflet and website said 10 when in fact it was 11 ?

Did you get caught out with the swimming shirts rule? We did lol.

Glad you had more highs than lows.

We were at the explorers same time as you too, and looks like we were in the same queue for the princess tickets on Tuesday? We got drenched too. Yes, the Tuesday Drenching in the Princess queue wasn't much fun was it? LOL
What are the suites like? We were put in a bigger room for 6 so the kids had a little side room to themselves , loved it. Imagine your crew room, with another double bedroom stuck onto the other side of the kids bunkbed room. Two bathrooms, two WC's, LoveHeart sweets all around the walls and TWO sweetie dispensers full of FREE SWEETS!!!
Did you not get delayed on the Eurotunnel on the Monday ? We did have a slight delay on Monday morning, it just gave us more time to get fully dosed up on the caffeine!!!

I also thought the meet and greets were better this time. I did get confused about the park closing times the leaflet and website said 10 when in fact it was 11 ?

Did you get caught out with the swimming shirts rule? We did lol. No, we couldn't go swimming... DD4 had chickenpox before we went and still had the spots, so we didnt want to risk any infection.

Glad you had more highs than lows.
Yeah, generally it was a good trip. Just sometimes, small things leave a sour taste.

You might have noticed us around the hotel... We had three generations of girls all dressed the same - every day!!!

Yeah, generally it was a good trip. Just sometimes, small things leave a sour taste.

You might have noticed us around the hotel... We had three generations of girls all dressed the same - every day!!!

Oh wow very jealous of the sweet suite and here's us thinking having the extra tv was great lol.

We were at the front of the princess queue with the others digging our heels in that we weren't moving despite the cm telling us to lol.
You got away with the speedo look then, teenage son was not impressed lol.

Can't say as I remember any matching outfits, bet they looked great!

We were right by the gym, son reckons he's got great muscles as a result lol lol.

Welcome back, glad you had a good time, the sweet suite sounds very sweet! :goodvibes

Welcome back. Lucky you with a free upgrade :thumbsup2

Sounds like another great trip - lots of good comments recently :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter