Back from two weeks at CBR with Magic Bands...

GSUJillybean

Mouseketeer
I was nervous about both, but I ended up so very impressed! CBR was really clean and lovely and spacious and comfortable for us. We used the pack and play for the baby, and took an air mattress for our Kindergartener, and DH and I each took one of the doubles. It was the first time I'd slept by myself in years, and it was heavenly. The new white bedding was very nice.

I am a hotel snob-- I was prepared to dislike CBR, and I loved everything about it. It is absolutely on par with all the other moderates, and after the upcoming refurb, I think it's going to be amazing.

My only complaint is that the food court could have a bit more variety, but everything we ate there was good. Housekeeping was exceptional-- one morning, we left the room for breakfast, were gone about 20 minutes, and came back to an immaculate room.

We never had a single problem with our bands-- in fact, I had the KTTW card for double dipping, and just never needed to use it. The band worked exactly how it was supposed to every single time, and making changes on the fly, which I did a LOT of, was a breeze.

My absolutely only complaint this trip was with Kids' Night Out, which is obviously not Disney's fault. I can't speculate what will happen with FP+ when things are busier, but for slow seasons, I am a much bigger fan of FP+ than legacy fastpass.

Glad you had a good trip. CBR was our first on site stay, and we were in Jamaica. We thought it was a beautiful resort. Loved those hammocks on the beach!! We stayed just prior to the last refurb.
I guess you had 3 FP+ options for anything as we did in August. Now they are only giving 1 FP headliner option, and 2 lesser options. I'm going to be picking my FPs soon for January trip. Sadly, I think it will not be as good of an experience for our next trip.

Glad you had an awesome trip, I think we are eyeing CBR for post renovations stay, the rooms are what has kept us away up until now .... and the beds :(

Also glad the MBs and FP+ worked out well for you, and that you have the vision to see they might not have worked as well when fully rolled out or in busier times.

Sorry about the food court, I know we loved the one at POR, although we did not like the TS at POR in the slightest. But the food court kinda made up for it, and when it didn't, the boat to DTD with all those restaurants did :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter