Back from the World today...

littleelvis

DIS Veteran
And we are sad. :sad1:

We were there from Sat. 2/1 to Thurs. 2/7 Overall it was a great trip. However, the crowds were heavier than the last two years during this time. Pirate and Princess party was great but was more crowded than expected but still a lot of fun. I guess its time to start planning our next trip to chase away our blues.

We got back on 2/7 as well and are a little depressed about having to come home. We were there from 1/28 to 2/7. The first week we had no waits on the rides. By Saturday Feb. 2 the crowds were noticeably much bigger and the waits were longer. We are glad we did every park once the first week. We had such awesome weather we spent two days at Typhoon Lagoon. It is supposed to be -35 celsius plus a windchill tonight. Yuck. I wish we could go back.

We just got back last night after having been there since 1-28. I agree - the crowds the first week were perfect, but last week with Mardi Gras and the dance teams it seemed to pick up a LOT. The weather was wonderful though.

I spent the last 4 nights with just my DS and me - DH had to go back to work so he left early and we decided to have a DS and Mommy trip at the end. I am actually happy to be back because I missed my DH so much.

Now on to planning the next trip!

I was there 2/3 through 2/7. I flew down to meet my sis and niece. The weather was great with all things considered, but it was unusually hot even for Orlando. One night I was watching the local news and even they compared it to the heat of April.
Crowds were unreal, for this time of year. I thought the high crowds during my January visit were just a fluke, but now it seems like a trend.
We waited for 25 minutes to ride Small World last Monday. :scared1: Tuesday morning, we went to AK. By late morning the waits for the Safari were 50 minutes, so we grabbed FPs. Before we left for Epcot after noon, all the FPs were gone for the Safari. By 2ish, all the fast passes were gone for Soarin' and the wait was 85 minutes.
Yeah, it was crowded. So crowded, in fact, that today I cancelled my April reservations.

AND BOY WAS IT CROWDED!!!!:crowded: :crowded: Usually its COLD and not as many People, and the crowds are manageble, but this year, NO GO!:headache: It was warm, and the WHOLE STATE of Louisiana was there, and parts of Brazil!:sad2: I never saw so much Purple and Gold in my life!:eek: Went to AK on Sunday, had to fastpass mostly everything, except Kali River Rapids.:rolleyes: Got wet on that, but on Tuesday it was even MORE Crowded!:confused: Standby for Soarin' on Monday the 4th was 80 min by 11:30am!:scared1: So, I have no idea when SLOW season is, but its not beginning of Feb. ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

We thought maybe because we are from a sparsley populated province and a small town that the crowds just seemed big to us. I am guessing from reading the posts they actually were big. We were wondering if this was supposed to be a slow time, what it would be like at a busy time of year. We basically avoided Fantasyland (except for Phillarmagic which we saw the last week in January). By 1:00 pm in the afternoon on Feb. 4 my son and I tried to cut through Fantasyland to Frontierland and we could hardly walk because of the crowds.

I have to agree about the tourist groups. This was our 3rd trip and it was the first we've ever seen of the infamous Brazilian tour groups. I couldn't believe how many of them there were. We arrived at MK on Superbowl Sunday just as the crowds were exiting after Wishes and it was quite a sight to see them all chanting away as they made their way to the buses. The dance teams were all over as well, although they weren't cheering. I also saw a lot of groups wearing music t-shirts so I think there may have been something else going on as well. I think half the state of Louisiana arrived on Friday, Feb. 1st. All of a sudden the parking lot was filled with Louisiana plates. MGM was packed on Feb.2nd. The wait time for RNRC got up to 140 minutes by the afternoon with all fastpasses gone. I couldn't believe people were still getting in line even at that wait time! We had fastpasses from the morning so we were very glad to be able to use the Fastpass line. We ended up having 4 extra fastpasses and gave them away as we left the ride. We also gave away extra fastpasses for Soarin' and Test Track when we went to EPCOT. My DH was teasing me saying I was having more fun giving away the fastpasses than I was on the rides!

AND BOY WAS IT CROWDED!!!!:crowded: :crowded: Usually its COLD and not as many People, and the crowds are manageble, but this year, NO GO!:headache: It was warm, and the WHOLE STATE of Louisiana was there, and parts of Brazil!:sad2: I never saw so much Purple and Gold in my life!:eek: Went to AK on Sunday, had to fastpass mostly everything, except Kali River Rapids.:rolleyes: Got wet on that, but on Tuesday it was even MORE Crowded!:confused: Standby for Soarin' on Monday the 4th was 80 min by 11:30am!:scared1: So, I have no idea when SLOW season is, but its not beginning of Feb. ANYMORE!:rolleyes:
I don't think there IS a slow season any more. Long lines and crowds throughout the year. :sad2:

I don't think there IS a slow season any more. Long lines and crowds throughout the year. :sad2:
I agree but acccording to "Wonderful Weeks of Disney" the following dates are suppose to be "less crowded." they are: 1/27-2/03 and 2/25-2/28, 3/1-3/10 in spring this is the only slow time: 5/27-6/02! Summer: 8/12-8/31, thats a LIE cause I went 8/17 last year, and it was crowded and HOT!:confused3 Would LOVE to know how they come up with these dates!:rolleyes1

We were there 2/3-2/7. we went last year in May and in September the crowds to me were comparable. We went to Epcot on Tuesday we waited for soarin for about 20 minutes (60 minute wait) then gave up and got out of line. People were laying down in line seemed like the ride broke or something but I don't know.

My wife and I were there Feb.3-6 and really had a good time. I really don't have anything but June trips to compare crowds to, but there were more people there than I'd expected. This was our first trip without children so we were mostly just strolling around enjoying each others company and soaking in the atmosphere and occassionally we did an attraction. I was expecting crowds to be lower but it was very managable. We were able to get noon lunch reservations by calling the night before, so it wasn't that bad.

Sounds like they need to add another park :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

if there are no more slow times, and the parks are constantly full with long wait times, I think we need another park!!!

:banana:

I must have been there at a good time 1/27-2/1. We barely waited in lines, the weather was beautiful and we covered everything we wanted to do. It truly was an awesome week.:thumbsup2

Just got back yesterday. Very disappointed in the long lines and heavy crowds. By noon, the lines were just unmanageable. In MK, The Haunted Mansion was a 40 min wait and IASW was about 30 min. Even the TTA had a line!

We just returned today from our 2/4-2/10 stay. Honestly, it was crowded, but we didn't wait for anything in any park for more than 10 minutes. Used FP for Soarin' and Everest, somewhat surprised how fast the lines for those 2 rides grew even early in the morning, but all in all a good trip. I expected it to be slower at this time of year, but still didn't have to wait too long for any attractions.

I must have been there at a good time 1/27-2/1. We barely waited in lines, the weather was beautiful and we covered everything we wanted to do. It truly was an awesome week.:thumbsup2
Shhhhhhh...don't tell everyone or next year that week will be busy! :rotfl:

Sorry to hijack the thread but thought i would say hi to SaskMom...i am transplanted SK to ON ...Sask is still 'home'.:love: ...yeah Riders!!!!

Maybe all the YOMD promoting that has been bringing crowds to the park will eventually back fire due to the huge crowds.people will not want to return for awhile if the park are soo crowded.we are going in may and im starting to get seriously worried about crowds.

i guess what will be will be and i just have to enjoy myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter