• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from the Magic **Updated with report link**

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
I can't even comprehend that we're already back. Leaving that beautiful ship was harder than leaving marriage -- and at the time, that was awfully hard. I didn't think it would hit me that hard or addict me that much, but it sure did. It was truly the best week of my life, for my little boy and I both.

I'm going to post my impressions on the trip report board soon, but in the meantime I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have. And tomorrow, I'm booking again. :)

To the other 2/2-ers, it was SO great to meet all of you!! Kendall, I had a terrific time at Palo brunch with you and your very nice hubby, and I loved how out of 2400 people, we kept running into each other -- even on St. Maarten! :D Gina -- you have the most gorgeous family, and the sweetest folks. Please tell Guy I said 'hi'. :) And Tyler Dean says to tell Pauly hi too. :)

Time to throw another load of laundry in...

-gina-

**Okay, I finally got a few thoughts together on the trip report page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158269

I know how you feel. When we got back from our 3rd Disney cruise in January we booked #4 the same day we gor home. Glad you had such a good time.

Hi, Gina!! yes it is a bummer for the "magic" to end isn't it?? I've been on the board tonight off and on for hours beween loads of laundry and grocery shopping, exhausted but still going on nervous energy.

I bumped up our 2-2 thread to kind of check in with "all y'all" to see how it went. I know you were having a good time (we did too), and I did so enjoy brunch with you, and running into you everywhere, just felt normal like we were all friends on the ship anyway. Steve wants to book another cruise right away but we'll probably wait and see how tax time goes. Plus I'm so tired tonight it's hard to think about doing this again, but hard to imagine NOT doing it again.

well, I'm starting to make no sense, must be time to sleep since we had to get up at 430am today (330 CST) to catch our flight.

Originally posted by Gina

Leaving that beautiful ship was harder than leaving marriage -- and at the time, that was awfully hard.

Wow! That's a comparison I hope to never have first-hand knowledge of.

I have walked off the ship crying and feeling like a bit of a fool.

But it is so sad to have to get off.

I am lucky that I leave on Feb 23 for 7 days and then go to Disney World to soften the blow of reality.

Then I know I am going again in May - on the first Western cruise, so I have that to look forward to.

But no Disney after the May cruise - I am not sure how I am going to handle that.

We booked before we got off our last cruise too - it is a great idea and makes going home a little less painful.

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter