Back from POP~ Review!!!

annantuonio

Earning My Ears
Just back from 5 days at the Pop~~

Here are my thoughts

GREAT hotel for the value!!!

Food court is definitely average. I would not plan on eating dinner or lunch there more than twice as the choices are food court variety but there are a few decent things that are good for a quick bite.

Rooms are everything that you would need. Clean, comfy and cute. Walls are definitely thin. We heard the infant next door crying at night and could hear showers and toilets easily but this did not bother me much at all.

Pools were great!!! Only downfall was that the Hippy dippy pool was closed for quite a bit of our trip for "unexpected cleanings". Kind of a bummer but as there are 2 other pools not a huge deal.

Bus service was great! Quick. The longest we waited was 20 minutes and this was for a bus after the fireworks at MK and there were HUNDREDS of people in line waiting so 20 min seemed great!

The staff was very accomodating and helpful with requests and questions.

We had a room in 60's lakeside 4th floor. Very quiet and quick walk to classic hall etc.

We used Garden Grocer which was WONDERFUL to have our groceries waiting for us on arrival.

Kiddie pool was the highlight for my daughter. Very cute!

all in all a great hotel for the money. You won't find a 5 star hotel but if you are like me and traveling with an infant you are looking for fun/exciting and not elegant/romantic.

Good luck on your trip!

Dis forum has been so helpful to me!
Thanks! :wizard:

Thanks for the review! We are staying at POP for the 1st time in less than 2 weeks! I just noted to bring earplugs :)

Thanks for the review...

Did you book a preferred room?

I am glad to hear about the buses, we never stay for fireworks so hopefully we won't wait long at all.

My eight year old son and I just returned from PoP, I was really not impressed with the food court, One food court for THAT MANY guests? They need another place to buy food. Can we say crowded? :eek:

I bought a mug for the frozen cokes and the machine was taped up all week.:mad:

I wanted to use my snack credits for a bottle of diet coke but they had no 20 ounce bottles of soda in the refridgerated section. They do at the All Stars. :confused3

As for the toilet flushing, my son thought it was a game and would run and flush our toilet everytime someone else did.:rotfl:

We had fun decorating the window.

We were in the sixties section and I stuck to the bowling pin pool because I could keep an eye on my son better there and he could easly swim from side to side as it was a narrow pool.

I will go back to All Star Sports next time(we stayed there 9/06), never had a problem with their food court and they just redid the main pool. I love the Surf's up section there.

~Donna
pirate: P/P party was great!

We stayed at Pop last year and liked it. It was fine for us because we were not in the room much at all. We are going back this Oct and trying Garden Grocer for the first time. Have heard mixed reviews about them, but willing to give them a try.:goodvibes

Thanks for the review. Going there next May for the first time. Keeping fingers crossed we will love it! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip :thumbsup2

Does Garden Grocer have a website? I am desperate to find a way to get some Diet Pepsi to my room. I can't imagine a week with only coke products! Wasn't such a big deal when we were driving, but now that we're flying I don't know what to do!

LOVE POP just returned myself from building 1 pool side at the very last room on pool side 2nd floor which we thought might be a bit more noisy than 4th floor NOPE once the door was closed we heard nothing from outside.

Occassional toliet flushing yes Even woke one morning to the family in the next room hitting tooth brushes on side of sink to knock out the excess water but it was 10 am an time to get up anyway.

We hear the same toliet flushing nose in all hotels we stay at along with the running of the showers etc over the years we have grown used to it if it keeps us awake apparently we must not be that tired.

As far as food at the POP food court only did that once this visit since we was on the dining plan I know for a fact the greek salad is good as is the Chicken alfredo an the chicken parmasean, moms special was great last year we had the turkey dinner an it was very good an very filling.

Food court is very busy early of morning an again when the parks close we avoid the food court at that time by keeping drinks in our room in a cooler and if not on food plan by taking our own breakfast and snacks.

my experience at POP was a good one. We went in January right after new years and things were still pretty crowed but nothing to get upset about. the only thing that I didn't like was the CMs working in the food court. (especially the ones that pretend they don't understand english) this really gets on my nerves!!! but as far as the accommedations, I loved the resort!!! I thought that the rooms were comfortable the style of the resort was very unique!!

I liked it so much that I am going back in 18 days with my DH who had never stayed on grounds, so I figure he'll love it just because it is a new experience for him!!! But I will say that anything disney is better than staying off grounds!!!!
:banana:

Glad to hear positive reviews. Me and DW are going in 9 days for a 9 night stay and with DDP. Can't wait. This is our first stay at POP. Hope to get the 60's building since that was most of our growing up years. :hippie: :cool1:

Does Garden Grocer have a website? I am desperate to find a way to get some Diet Pepsi to my room. I can't imagine a week with only coke products! Wasn't such a big deal when we were driving, but now that we're flying I don't know what to do!

Try Gardengrocer.com:goodvibes

Thanks for the review! I'm looking forward to checking it out myself next week!:banana:

I am so happy to hear such good reviews of POP. This will be our first visit to WDW and we will be booking into POP. We are going April 2008.

Leaving this Friday for POP! DD has no idea we are going. I think she is going to love POP with all the big icons, etc. We stayed at POR in May which is not really Disney themed for a kid..........

I hope the frozen coke machine is working when we are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter