• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back From our Surprise Double Dip 10/5-10/9 on the Wonder!

j_cwayman

Mouseketeer
Wow how time flew! DW, DS and I Just got back from our amazing trip and wow what a great time we had! I will post some pics later but now to get to the good stuff! We arrived at the Port a little later than we wanted to but our flight from JFK was late taking off due to a rainstorm that had happened just before we landed. We got to the ship at about 2:30 p.m. DW and I were still excited about seeing her again for the 3rd time but ds is only 5 months old and even he was still excited. We got through security and met a couple withthe sadest story. There travel agent back home told them that DCL wouldn't allow a baby 4 months old to go cruising, so they had to leave there 4 month old little baby home and it was tearing there hearts to see that they could have brought there lil one.
Any way so we got to the terminal and I went to check us all in and got our Castaway Cay lanyards for our KTTW cards. We then got the notice, that I had already knew, we were going to double dip at castaway cay!!! We got to meet what would end up being out fave. photographer Edaurdo. We got our pics taken and then got on board the ship.

After heading to our stateroom and checking our goodies for castaway cay club members and our bathrobes that I bought DW. We headed up to Beach Blanket for my fave. the peel and eat shrimp and of course all the great desserts. After that we headed to our stateroom for the wonderful lifevest drill :( After returning to our stateroom we headed up to deck 10 to catch the sail away party!! What a great time we had there ds, as I said earlier is only 5 months old but he was glued to the celebration and was excited just like everyone else. About the time we really started to get into it it was time to go down and get ready for dinner. That night we were dinning at Tritons!
What more can I say about tritons other than the food was great I got the Sea Scallops and Tenderloin with tomatoe basil soup and for an appitizer I had the escargot it was all to die for lol DW had roasted chicken with garlic mashed and also a salad. We had the nicest servers in John and Zsuzanne. After having dinner we went up to our stateroom to get DS ready for bed. I then went to the adult pool while DW got DS to sleep. That is where I got Id for the first time in 4 years I wanted A bloody Mary to sit in the hot tub with and the said I was too young looking to get it LOL Well anyway to finish off the first night I had a beer and Watched the Sunday Night Football game on the Arielvision TV above the goofy pool. That is it for now I will return a little later to con't our wonderful trip!!!:dance3:

so this is my first ever attempt at writting a trip report and I see some peope have looked at it. If you have any comments please feel free to leave them or if you have any suggestions on how I can improve it pleae feel free to tell me. I will have more on the trip in the next day or so plus have some pics to add. Thanks all for the future input!! Have a magical day!:tigger: :goofy: :mickeyjum

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed themself.

As for the 4 month old baby. Disney requires that all babies be at least 12 weeks old before they can cruise with them.

we are reading your report and enjoying. please hurry with more details. we will be sailing (1st time) jan 2009. Don't leave off any details, it's all good!

sorry it took so long to get the pics up but here are some highlights from our first day.

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture183.jpg[/IMG]

Picture196.jpg

Picture197.jpg

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture199.jpg[/IMG]
Picture204.jpg

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture209.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture209.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture211.jpg[/IMG]

Picture217.jpg

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture219.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture222.jpg[/IMG]

Picture229.jpg

Picture232.jpg

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture219.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture222.jpg[/IMG]

Picture247.jpg

Did someone say surprise? I am in! OMG what a great DH and Dad you are and that baby wow what a cutie pie. Loved the shot in the life jacket. Keep on writing.

A double dip is what the say for when you go 2 times to castaway cay or another location instead of just the standard one visit. They don't do it that often and usually when they do it cost extra for that cruise it was a wobderful surprise for dw and I.

Well all sorry it took so long to get back for day 2 of our cruise but here it is lol

Bright and early I got up as we were just getting to Castaway Cay for our first day it was such a nice morning seas were calm the shiop was hardly even moving. I went out onto our Verandah just in time to see the sun rising what an amazing view it was then I caught sight of the Flying Dutchman as the ship began to turn around so that it could back into the port, about that time DW came out with DS to take in a picture perfect morning in Paridise.

IMG]http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/jwayman99/Picture249.jpg[/IMG]

Picture251.jpg

Picture252.jpg

So after a quick shower we got dressed and headed up to Beach Blanket for a little breakfast before heading out the island.

It is hard to describe how great this place is for one there are no beggers there asking my wife to braid her hair every 10 feet and it trully does look just like what you would think a paradise would look like, with of course the Disney feel. As we got off the ship and headed to the tram stop we made the usual stops to take pictures of ourselves and our lil man in front of the ship at the catch of the day picture area and all the usual stops. We made our way up to the main beach area and walked through the area, we did not want to keep ds out in the sun to long because he is fair skined. So we walked up the pathway stopping to get a few gifts and made our way over to Cookie's BBQ. This again is why I love DCL we are on land not on the ship and all the food is included plus soda's. What other company would offer free food at one of the islands they stop at yet alone how many Cruise lines own there own Private Island lol. So after about an hour and half we made our way back to the Wonder.

NOt much happened when we got back to our stateroom other than DS had his nap and DW and I watched a movie (Get Smart). But tonight was the semi formal dress up night at, In my opinion, the most exciting and unique resturants I have ever been to. Animators Palate.

Now for those that have been on either the Wonder or The Magic know what a truely unique reasturant this is. It come to life as you eat you meal and so I don''t totally ruin the experince for those that haven't been all I can say is you got to go lol.

The night before DW and I asked the head sever Corine if the kitchen could make DS some pured brown rice for his dinner since that is all he is on for regular food, not knowing if the could. Sure enough it was there waiting for us at dinner. We then got our menus and placed our dinner order. I had the squash soup, and then the most tender beef tenderloin with potaoes and two huge sea scallops with a nice gravy, DW had stoufed chicken breast woth potatoes and for the life of me I can't remember what it was stoufed with lol. DS after eating his food and with all the excitment ended up passing out. For dessert I had strawberry shortcake and DW had some sort of chocolate cake.

After dinner we headed to the atrium for Pictures. We got there while Tux. Daisy and Tux Donald were there for pics. We had just missed Mickey and Minnie. So we got in line for the family pics with the moonlight in the background and DS was just perfect. Afterwards we got our pics with DOnald and Daisy. WE finished the pics of with the lifestyles photo's.

As we waited inline for our turn there was a familty in front of us that was having there photos done and she had mentioned she was having the itch to have another baby after seeing DS, I have an intresting tidbit on this couple later and that is why i mentioned them lol. Well DW DS and I all started having our family pics taken. The photographer was great, as we were geting ready to go, so I thought she asked if we wanted pictures of just DS since we were the last ones in line. WE said sure. Let me tell you something it was the best thing we did lol. She asked DW to put DS on his side and well he had nothing to do with that. He went right onto his hand and knees and from there she took 7 pictures of just him he was just so happy and he loves the camera. Afterwards DW and I went back to our stateroom. I finished the night the same way I did the night before up at the pool in the hot tub and watching Monday Night Football. While DW got DS to sleep. Well I will put some pics up of this day and Con't with day 3 at Nassau a little later

I love the shot of the Wonder and the flying dutchman. I could not believe how long DW's hair is. My hair was pretty much that long when I got married and then I chopped it all off. I don't think I'll ever go that long again. The baby looked so cute with the characters.

I love the shot of the Wonder and the flying dutchman. I could not believe how long DW's hair is. My hair was pretty much that long when I got married and then I chopped it all off. I don't think I'll ever go that long again. The baby looked so cute with the characters.

Well all sorry it took so long to get back for day 2 of our cruise but here it is lol

Bright and early I got up as we were just getting to Castaway Cay for our first day it was such a nice morning seas were calm the shiop was hardly even moving. I went out onto our Verandah just in time to see the sun rising what an amazing view it was then I caught sight of the Flying Dutchman as the ship began to turn around so that it could back into the port, about that time DW came out with DS to take in a picture perfect morning in Paridise.

Picture249.jpg

Picture251.jpg

Picture252.jpg

I tried to fix your broken picture links in my quotes for those who wanted to see them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter