• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from our first "adult's only" Disney trip

2goofykiddos

Budding Disney addict
We returned tonight from our first trip alone to Disney. I was worried I would be sad seeing other kids have fun and miss my own, but it did not happen. Dh and I had a fabulous time at MNSSHP and acted just like big kids. Awesome character interaction as well. Flynn was quite flirty.:blush:

Also enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival. We are ready to go back!!! Let me know if anyone has any questions!

My DH and I got back Sunday from our third only adults trip. As a Mom it is wonderful just to get up worry about getting yourself dressed. At meal time you don't have to say eat your food a million times. You don't have to leave the line to go to the bathroom after you just asked them if they needed to go before getting into the line. It's just a nice break to enjoy something u love so much. People ask us how can we go and not take the kids, my kids go every year and I AM with my kids from the time they wake to the time they go to sleep. I am a stay at home Mom and my DH works hard to give us a comfortable and happy life. So these trips we take by ourselves is a good break and a chance for the two of us to connect again. We will be returning in January with the kids and they are so excited.

Going without the kids is great. Going without the husband and only girlfriends is better. Try it sometimes. I went 3 times with just girls from work and OMG it was fabulous. Don't get me wrong my dh and I have a great time also, but with only the girls, it's priceless.

Going without the kids is great. Going without the husband and only girlfriends is better. Try it sometimes. I went 3 times with just girls from work and OMG it was fabulous. Don't get me wrong my dh and I have a great time also, but with only the girls, it's priceless.

Whoo Hooo!! Leaving with my BFF in 40 days!! Girls only, no kids, no husbands!! We have been counting down for 9 months and cannot wait!! My friend has been a foster mom for 11 years and has fostered over 100 children, so this is quite a big deal. Booked the Poly, CL, and thought my husband was going, and he decided he would rather stay home. Love him dearly, but I know we will have so much more fun, and Robin doesn't care if I spend money shopping! LOL!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

DH and I did our first adults only trip a couple of weeks ago for our 20th anniversary (totally my choice, lol...) It was awesome and my favorite was the F&W Festival without kids!
The only time I missed my youngest DD was toward the end of our trip, I saw a little girl about the same age as mine holding a Duffy Bear. My DD sleeps with hers every night. That lasted about 10 minutes, forgotten at the next food/beverage kiosk.

I would love to do it again sometime, but not sure that will happen. I love, love WDW but DH, not so much, even though we had a great time. :cloud9:

I'm having my first just-DH-and-me trip this upcoming December, and I can't wait! :cool1: I did get to accompany him to a conference at WDW last year, but that only gave us a couple evenings together - he was really booked most of the time. However, those evenings were definitely the best part of the trip for us.

I can't think of anyone I'd rather go with than him. He's my best friend!

He's talking about it a lot, now that it's getting closer. And I've already bought two new dresses for the trip. It'll be fun to not have to be "Mom" for once, and just be his girl. :cloud9:

My DH and I leave next Thursday for a four day trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary - excited about going and experiencing F&W! Would you share some of the highlights of your trip?

My DH and I love going alone. We really enjoy the food and wine festival.

we trade off, Disney trip for me, Las Vegas trip for DH. We enjoy both, and love the adult time. We leave Saturday for a week in the BWI Garden Suites, can't wait!! Food and Wine, MNSSHP, and my DH - who could ask for more!

That's what I'm doing next week--it was my 40th birthday present from my DH and my son. Looking forward to sleeping on my own schedule, and only cutting my own food! ;)

We go to disney once a year. But we alternate our trips, one year the whole family goes the next year just my husband and I go. We never feel guilty about leaving the kids. Mom's and dad's need that time away from the kids to reconnect and have the one on one time that is so important. We love our solo trips!

DW and I had a great WDW trip sans kids and I would recommend it to everyone. We hit the first weekend of F&W(less crowded) and we had a wonderful time. We did the segway tour of Epcot and all of the parks at our pace without worrying about where the girls were and if they were having a good time.

We went on the rides that WE wanted to go on and we ate at the restaurants that WE wanted to eat at and we drank at the bars that WE wanted to go to.

Did we miss the girls ??...oh of course we did....not...

We returned tonight from our first trip alone to Disney. I was worried I would be sad seeing other kids have fun and miss my own, but it did not happen.

you lucky devils! :rotfl:
i think if you know your children are happy with whomever and wherever they are,then you can relax and enjoy yourselves.:love:

sadly, we live too far away to be able to have a kids free trip to wdw-
but luckily we've been 10 times in the last 8 years with our disney darlings.:littleangel:

we look forward to going back both with and then (hopefully!) without dd and ds:rotfl2:

op-where did you and your husband stay? :)

My sister and I went last year sans kids and husbands and had a very good time. We stayed at akl, ate where and when we wanted, got up extra early and shopped without dh giving the evil eye! Have a great trip!

Taking our first adult only trip in January! DD 2.5 will be staying home with her grandparents. I feel guilty but it's only for 2 nights and I know it'll be good for DH and I to get away.
Technically we won't be completely kid free as I'll be 7 months pregnant at the time but I could use the break now more than ever!

you lucky devils! :rotfl:
i think if you know your children are happy with whomever and wherever they are,then you can relax and enjoy yourselves.:love:

sadly, we live too far away to be able to have a kids free trip to wdw-
but luckily we've been 10 times in the last 8 years with our disney darlings.:littleangel:

we look forward to going back both with and then (hopefully!) without dd and ds:rotfl2:

We couldn't have contemplated an adults-only trip when our kids were small (they were very attached to us), but it's totally different when your kids are teenagers! We live in Canada - so not close at all. And we've only been a handful of times. But when we asked out kids how they felt about us taking a trip without them, our 14yo essentially told us to "Go! Have fun! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" And our 16 said, "Aw... but no, I can't go. I don't want to miss any school or volunteering or work. Just promise me you'll never go to Universal without me."

We promised, and it was all good! :thumbsup2

They've told us that their main priority for using up their limited vacation time isn't Disney, it's visiting their Grandma up North.

DH and I just returned last night from our adults only trip too. It was a short trip - 6 days, but we had a blast. We loved the F&W Festival. On Monday we did the KTTK tour which we enjoyed and we got to go on rides...together :lmao: (we usually have one child who doesn't want to get on a ride). All in all it was a great experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

DH is trying to convince me to go for our 10th anniversary this summer. Our kid will be about 8 months at the time and would be left with grandparents. I'm afraid I'd feel like a heel. We've had so many great adults only Disney trips, but if we have a kid, I feel like we should bring it along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter