Back from our 1st trip with an infant!! Any questions?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I know people always have questions about bringing little ones to Disney.

We are an experienced Disney family (this was our older kids 7th trip) and we brought our 3 month old for his first trip last week. (He will be 4 months next week).

We had a great time and honestly, taking him involved bringing more stuff but he was a piece of cake! I would highly recommend bringing your little one if you are on the fence about it.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer them! :)

We just got back too. We took our infant as well. She was a little older 10 months. She was great. The only thing was the flight home. Her ears started hurting apparently. She cried the last 30 min. of the flight. As soon as we landed, she stopped crying. Honesty, she was better behaved than her four year old sister.

1st time mom here (baby is 3 months now) will be 8 months when we go to disney in October. How was it? not sure what to expect? going with who family (my parents, husband's parents, my sister and her fam, my brother) strollers? too little to start using a light weight one? at 8 months can he sit in high chair in resturant? how was holding baby in lines for rides? what rides are good and bad for an 8 month old. on plane - did you get their own seat or hold? (my husband and father in law are taking train due to fear of flying) me baby and rest of the gang go on plane, as of now, i didn't buy him a seat. hotel -- how was sleeping -- cribs? pack and play from resort? how were they? how did babies deal with it? Any and all info - along these lines is GREATLY appreciated!

1st time mom here (baby is 3 months now) will be 8 months when we go to disney in October. How was it? not sure what to expect? going with who family (my parents, husband's parents, my sister and her fam, my brother) strollers? too little to start using a light weight one? at 8 months can he sit in high chair in resturant? how was holding baby in lines for rides? what rides are good and bad for an 8 month old. on plane - did you get their own seat or hold? (my husband and father in law are taking train due to fear of flying) me baby and rest of the gang go on plane, as of now, i didn't buy him a seat. hotel -- how was sleeping -- cribs? pack and play from resort? how were they? how did babies deal with it? Any and all info - along these lines is GREATLY appreciated!
Congrats on your little one!!!

Our son is our 3rd child. Our other kids are 11 and 8 and we didn't start taking them to Disney until they were 3 and 5, so this was our first experience taking an infant. We were a little worried but it was great!

We held him in our Ergo carrier during lines, which he was fine with. He went on POTC, IASW, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, even TSMM!! We had him as a lap baby on the plane, he was great, but in the future we will buy him a seat. It's just too scary if the flight gets bumpy.

We stayed at CR and they provided a full size crib. He sleeps in a crib at daycare, but in a pack n play at home for now...he did fine in the crib.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter