Back from Kidani & LOVED it!!!

omalley1118

DIS Veteran
I have to say, silly me, that I was trepidatious at best about staying here. Before you flame me, it was only because of teh lack of counter service and the distance from things. I could have not have been more wrong. We loved it!!!!

We stayed 10/31 thru 11/7, and then we went on a 4 night cruise. The resort was really pretty. I picked Kidani over Jambo for the pool, but we only used it once b/c of the temps! Breakfast at jambo was not as far as I thought... In fact, we adopted a new practice of having b'fast in MK at the Bakery!

I will say that the busses were better from Kidani, as they were often filled by the time we got to Jambo!!! This alone made me think I would not stay at Jambo.

We enjoyed the African culture series they had. I would oly ask that they vary it up a bit...drums every night!!!

All in all we had a great time. "Jersey Week" was a hit. We saw several people we know from home, and the lines were minimal.

We will be staying there soon on our first trip "home" - I am super excited. Thanks for your post!

I have to say, silly me, that I was trepidatious at best about staying here. Before you flame me, it was only because of teh lack of counter service and the distance from things. I could have not have been more wrong. We loved it!!!!

We stayed 10/31 thru 11/7, and then we went on a 4 night cruise. The resort was really pretty. I picked Kidani over Jambo for the pool, but we only used it once b/c of the temps! Breakfast at jambo was not as far as I thought... In fact, we adopted a new practice of having b'fast in MK at the Bakery!

I will say that the busses were better from Kidani, as they were often filled by the time we got to Jambo!!! This alone made me think I would not stay at Jambo.

We enjoyed the African culture series they had. I would oly ask that they vary it up a bit...drums every night!!!

All in all we had a great time. "Jersey Week" was a hit. We saw several people we know from home, and the lines were minimal.

Glad you had a great time! One question , did you use DCL transport to port? If so, did they pick you up at Kidani or Jambo house?

Hi omalley1118,
Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you enjoyed AK. :goodvibes I have stayed at AK Jambo a few times and I love the resort. :lovestruc I know the distance from the parks is a concern for some so I appreciate you sharing your experience. :thumbsup2

We loved it too. We stayed one bedroom Kidani standard view Nov 7 -13th. We got a room close to the lobby, our only request. We could get to the pool is less than 2 minutes, sweet. Sadly the kid part of the pool was closed the entire time we were there. My kids did enjoy the pool and the slide. They picked to give up a blizzard beach day and do the pool there instead. It is a calm, laid back atmosphere at the pool. CMs do allow you to bring in outside food and drinks if you want to. We saw lots of animals from the windows and patio areas which was fun.
In the master bedroom, I did not like that I had to go to each light and turn it on/off with the switch on the cord. The master bathroom is huge.
Next trip if our waitlist does not come thru, we will have two nights there again this time SV.

We will be at Jambo House in three days (GRAND VILLA :banana:)
Originally we were going to stay at Kidani, we decided to add on another night after the fact and waitlisted. Our waitlist came through, but for all the nights at Jambo House so we decided to move there rather than risk not getting it.

This will be our first time staying at Animal Kingdon and we cant wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter