Back from honeymoon trip--Where we ate

gumdrop

<font color=FF66FF>Believes in Magic!<br><font col
Hi everyone!

Here is where we ate on our honeymoon at AKL! Hope it helps and feel free to ask any questions.

1) Boma breakfast buffet--We just kind of went here on whim--we're not big breakfast eaters so the buffet was not a good value for us. We just had the basics: eggs, bacon, waffles--that's basically the breakfast platter at Mara that you can get for 5.99. But there are lots of other choices here for breakfast fans: muffins, pastries, hot and cold cereals, made to order omlettes, pancakes, etc. What we had was good, but keep in mind that Mara serves the same exact basic breakfast food, so you can save some $$ if you don't eat a lot in the morning. The dinner buffet was always insanely crowded, so we did not try it.

2) Ohana--we had our first "married" dinner here. The food and service was excellent. We had PS for 5:50pm and were seated within 10 minutes. You can easily fill up on the appetizers that they give you, so be sure to pace yourself. They come around frequently to refill your plate with the skewered meats. They hula hoop contests and coconut rolling contests for kids--it was cute to watch. We'll definetly come back here!

3) Hollywood and Vine: We tried this for the Fantasmic Dinner Pacakge. We had 5:50 PS and were seated in just a few minutes. The place was packed and teeming with people inside and out--there were many people waiting to get in. Food and service was very good--they have two buffets, one for each side of the room to cut down on wait times. Roast turkey, prime rib, salmon, corn, green beans, baked beans, penne with shrimp, lo mein, salads etc. were out on the buffet. It wasn't exactly a relaxing meal--high noise volume and obviously lots of people walking around to get up to the buffet and dessert bar. But again, food was good and was a good value for the fantasmic package. (for fantasmic, we were seated on the last two sections on the right. We got there around 8:30 and sat in the ursula section and this was a fine view for us.)

4) Teppanyaki: This was our best meal. We came here for lunch and without PS and walked right in. We shared a hibachi table with two other parties and the chef was great! He was very funny and did a lot of neat tricks with the food. I had the shrimp and scallop combo with vegetables and my husband had the NY strip steak and shrimp combo. We both loved the food and so did the other parties that we sat with. This was a great dining experience.

5) Jiko: This was our last meal. We went for dinner without PS and got right in. Food and service was incredible. We started with a BBQ chicken flatbread appetizer which was delicious. I had the grilled salmon with spinach and black eyed peas. My husband had the filet mignon over mashed potatoes instead of "macaroni and cheese" (he's not a cheese fan). The server could sense that Mike wasn't into the mac and cheese when he asked for it on the side, so he offered to replace it with mashed potatoes.

6) The Mara: Basically every other meal we had was here--we really enjoyed the food here. We had burgers, fried shrimp platter, tandoori chicken pizza, soup and salad combo, chicken fingers, and items from the grab and go section. We thought they had a good variety here and service was good. If you order hot meals, you have to wait for a server to bring it to you, but we never waited long and there was always plenty of seating. We bought a refillable mug and were happy to see that they put a little sink by the drink dispenser so you can wash out the mugs--I've never seen that before!

7) Misc: Pecos Bill was our e-night staple, we went to plaza ice cream palor on main street, hit every funnel cake stand we could find, and stopped for popcorn at least twice a night.

Congrats! We went to WDW last year on our honeymoon and our first married dinner was Ohanas too! It sounds like you ate at a lot of fun places. We're looking forward to our trip next month.

We have a PS for a Teppanyaki lunch. Did you feel really full afterwards? How are the portions? I tend to always feel sluggish after hibachi and I don't want to be slowed down in the park.

Congrats!!!

Wonderful report ~ Thanx for sharing!!!!!

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! We did have a great time.

Babymo--You get plenty of food at Teppanyaki and we were stuffed. They start you out with a salad, then the chef comes out and starts cooking the food. He loads in carrots, zucchini, and onions first, then the main part (chicken, beef, or seafood) it into your plate as he finishes. After everyone has their meat, then he grills mushrooms and bean sprouts. You also get a good sized bowl of white rice. We ate everything that they gave us, but an easy way to cut back is to stick with water and push the rice aside. Just concentrate on the main meal. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter