• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT!!!

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
First off, thanks so much to Buzz and all the other CS fans who shared some advice!

The hotel was so pretty. Decorations were gorgeous! We checked in after 2pm and were told that 1 room was ready, the 2nd not yet. (no problem). We were told that we were in building 1 (requested 9b). I asked about possible other location, and was told that the resort was sold out, if we were really unhappy with the location, he could accommodate us elsewhere but the two rooms would not be together, probably not even near each other (ie different buildings) That was not going to happen, so we stayed with building 1.

Standing there i said "heck its close to the main entrance, the restaurants, drinks for refills, no problems!"

As we were waling away to find the first room, the check in guy ran up and said "2nd room is now ready!" Bonus! We were also told that all keys would work for both rooms as we were on 1 reservation with two rooms. Which meant that dining plan was all the same on the cards (we thought that this was a bonus).

Our room was building 1, room 1314 (mum was in 1313). Now. I must say, this was a hike! YES it was building 1. but it did take 3-5 minutes to get to the room from the front/bus/lobby area. We walked thru the 1st courtyard with the long fountain, to the elevator. went up to 3rd floor. came out at a 2nd courtyard, walked part way around it, zigged further to the back past a 3rd courtyard, all the way around. we were literally at the end of the building facing the parking lot.

When we got to our rooms, half the keys worked in 1 room, half didn't work at all. sigh. When we got back down to the front desk, they changed all the keys with no further incident.

Rooms had towel animals already inside. Two in each room, which was very exciting.

Very clean, well kept rooms. Nice and cool too. It was also nice that the a/c unit was really quite quiet (esp compared to other hotels) and had an even distribution of the air. Room was spacious enough for 2 adults 2 kids and 5 suitcases (dont ask). Privacy curtain for sink area was used every day and was wonderful.

There was a pool next building or so over, never made it to check it out. Same with dig site, we walked over there one night- it was quite a walk. Never made it back to swim. Had a very minor view of fireworks tho! (i think from MGM)

Gift shop was great, lots and lots and lots of choice. lots of uses for snack credits if on dining plan too! spent $40 (easy to do) and bought a Tinkerbel christmas watch for $10. I was very happy about that.

Pepper Market: not sure why anyone would have ever in the past posted that it was confusing, we didn't find it so. The only confusing part was one lady hostess who didn't understand us and we didn't understand her. (lol) but we made do. :thumbsup2
***I recommend eating here for counter service meals on the dining plan. There was great choice and you could even get a steak made to order on the plan! We ate breakfast here a few times. DD was too young to get a plan, so she shared with me. However the few times we did eat, i ordered her a separate drink of her own. They never once charged me for it, even tho a) it was marked on my card and b) it shouldn't have been included on the plan, only my ds and I should have been and therefore only 2 drinks.

Also each time the waitress/waiter suggested that i get the adult breakfast for my ds rather than the childrens. I was shocked! I mentioned how since he was 5 and was on the children's dining plan, that i thought i could only order childrens meal, and they said no that at their location it was fine to order the larger, and they even went as far as to offer to get a 2nd plate so my ds could share with my dd rather than me! :confused3 :cheer2: (*please note, I am not at ALL trying to :stir: I am just sharing what was offered...encouraged in fact, when i was up at the counter about to order from the childrens menu)

Maya grill: we were supposed to eat at WCC on Thursday night (dec 7) but we were too long at the outlets, and were back at the hotel for 4pm, and were hungry. ADR was for 615pm, and we still wanted to get to Epcto that night, so we cancelled it and went to Maya grill for when they opened. This was a great restaurant , we had wonderful service. I had the beef tenderloin tips served with mashed potatoes and veggies. it was cooked exactly to my liking (which i never get, i always order med-well) Salad was so fresh and the dressing was wonderful. Dessert i had a churro thing (a fried wrapped up tortilla of some sort filled with banana and topped with whipped cream) Yummy yumm!

small market area: darn i suddenly forget the name. (La Tienda i think! ) anyway just beside the Pepper Market is a little area where u can get sandwiches, salads, drinks, coffee, snacks. tiny tiny. It was very good. we got a wrap with salad and chips when we arrived for me and my 2 kids to share. for $6.50 it was a great deal, and the 3 of us couldn't finish it.

Bar area: i didn't go here but my brother did. he enjoyed relaxing with a beer and a news paper. seemed to enjoy it.

The rooms were QUIET the toilets however were loud, and we could hear neighbouring toilets being flushed. NOT loud enough to disrupt sleep but if u were awake in a quiet room, you heard them. In otherwords, very much acceptable. Rooms were cleaned well. The first 2 nights we had mousekeeping issues. we did leave a tip, but the coffee, used coffee mugs, soap, were not replenished. We left a note the 2nd night asking for an extra soap (it was on our mousekeeping envelope) the money /tip was taken but soap was not left. On monday i called housekeeping and said 'would u have the person caring for our room leave an extra soap or two" they were very pleasant and apologetic, and offered to run up immediately with more. I said not necessary. When we got back that night, a bag with soaps and shampoos were left with a note saying 'thanks' (we left a tip). Mousekeeping was perfect that night on.

***bring the envelopes marked "housekeeping" or "Mousekeeping". Brother left $2 on the bed, and they didn't take it. Also, one day they didn't even take the tip envelope (same thing in my mums room). So having an envelope marked clearly helps.

Decorations were lovely, grounds were impeccably clean, staff was friendly. It was a warm feeling to stay here, and we were all happy with our accommodations.

Now, as for bus service: i would rate it a 7 out of 10. Inconsistent was the main problem. But we really didn't have to wait very long for a bus, and the only long lineup was after epcot closed one night, and they had a 2nd bus within 3-5 min of the 1st one leaving.

Enjoy your stay at the Coronado Springs Resort!

IMG_2437.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2434.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2433.jpg
[/IMG]

:cool1: Thank you SO much for your wonderful review. I cannot wait to get to CSR and with all the wonderfull things you had to say it made me wish that the 18th was already here!

thanks for the great review!! we leave in 2 days, and check in @ CSR in 4 days!!

can't wait! glad you had such a good time!

Sounds like you had a good time and your pictures look amazing.

I am leaving in a few days and I am jealous that I am staying at CBR and not CSR. Haha.

Buzz2001 said:
Great review! Welcome back and glad you enjoyed your trip!! :thumbsup2

Buzz I visited your site and I am thinking of going to the CSR but I was wondering if you can tell me anything about the Handicapped accessible rooms? are there any in the Casitas section? and how far is that from everything? I use a scooter so not a huge issue but would like to know, especially about how near busses etc.
any info would be great thanks. pirate:

From my understanding, they are spread out among the three sections and that some of the king rooms are handicapped accessible rooms. Some have lower beds, some have showers without tubs.

We will be staying at the VWL next week but would like to visit CSR for the first time. How was the transportation to and from?

Thanks

ShellyMouse said:
thanks for the great review!! we leave in 2 days, and check in @ CSR in 4 days!! can't wait! glad you had such a good time!
FFXDSNADDICT said:
:cool1: Thank you SO much for your wonderful review. I cannot wait to get to CSR and with all the wonderfull things you had to say it made me wish that the 18th was already here!

Have a great time!!!

I leave in 3 hours for CSR and MVMCP. Ill post a bunch of pictures and a review when I return.

a*lil*bit*goofy - just wondering when you were there? We were there December 1 - 9 building 1 of the casitas and rooms 1311 and 1312.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We leave in 6 days for our first stay at CSR!

I noticed in your report that you mentioned coffee mugs - I know I have seen this posted other places but I just wanted to verify while I'm thinking of it that CSR DOES have in room coffee makers - correct??? I HAVE to have my coffee first thing - :surfweb: even if it's Nescafe or I am NOT a happy camper. DH is really hoping that he doesn't have to trek to Pepper Market each morning at the crack of dawn!

Thanks again for the review. I'm getting REALLY excited for our trip!

vsimeone said:
I noticed in your report that you mentioned coffee mugs - I know I have seen this posted other places but I just wanted to verify while I'm thinking of it that CSR DOES have in room coffee makers - correct??? I HAVE to have my coffee first thing - :surfweb: even if it's Nescafe or I am NOT a happy camper. DH is really hoping that he doesn't have to trek to Pepper Market each morning at the crack of dawn!
Yes they do. And you can ask for extra from mousekeeping.

Prestonwoody said:
We will be staying at the VWL next week but would like to visit CSR for the first time. How was the transportation to and from?

Thanks

from theme park to/from theme park was very good on the whole. busses were there almost always when they said they would be and longest wait going was about 10 minutes. we were satisfied with the bus service.

teamagic said:
a*lil*bit*goofy - just wondering when you were there? We were there December 1 - 9 building 1 of the casitas and rooms 1311 and 1312.

omg. LMAO we were neighbours!!!! we were there the 2nd to the 9th! LMAO our last day there, the friday, was when we heard your shower and toilet. LMAO !! we were all up early that day! (i think it was the friday...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter