back from Bonnet Creek

amw

need a new tag
Just got back from Bonnet Creek tonight, and we loved our stay. The room was gorgeous, and we had a great location ... Room 626 ... we could watch the fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom from our balcony each night :thumbsup2 Can't beat the location of the resort either, between Epcot Drive and Carribean Beach. Driving around the Disney properties, I much preferred how Bonnet Creek feels secluded and surrounded by greenery.

There was plenty of activities to do -- lazy river, zero-entry pool, slide pool, 3 large hot tubs, mini-put, playground, crafts, movies by the pool.

It was a pretty busy place, and could get loud (especially the night movie showings). But, that being said, you could barely hear anything in your room when the sliding door was shut.

The down side is there is a lot of construction going on. The crews weren't working on weekends, but during the week they started early (as early as 6 one morning, although not that loud until after 9). Now, if you were going to the parks you wouldn't notice this. It didn't bother me, it was more like maintenance noise during the day. Some of the new buildings had cranes right outside working, but there were still people staying there. I wouldn't want to be staying in those rooms. The grounds were kept quite clean even with all the work.

We did attend a timeshare thingy on our day off because they said it would include breakfast, last 60 minutes, and they would give us $75 in Disney gift cards. I highly recommend you do NOT attend these things. It lasted 90 minutes, and they gave us a packaged donut for breakfast (the kids only got goldfish at the daycare). We did get the giftcards though, but I don't think it's worth the aggravation.

There were 2 things I thought were missing from the location ... there's no lifeguards at the main pool/lazy river. This is only problematic if there are unattended youths taking advantage of innertubes! And, I think they need a small grocery. They have a gift shop with some snacks, but not large enough. But, it is really easy to drive to grocery stores.

I saw the shuttles in the morning, but didn't partake.

All in all, my DDs loved the place and wanted to come home early from the parks to swim in the lazy river and watch fireworks in their PJs :cloud9:

We are leaving Saturday and staying at Bonnet Creek for 7 days. I am getting soooo excited!:banana: Sounds like we will have a great time.
BTW, how long does it take to get to MK from Bonnet Creek? We will have a car and plan to go to rope drop and will also be eating at Poly and WL so would like an idea of how long it takes to get there. Thanks!

We are leaving Saturday and staying at Bonnet Creek for 7 days. I am getting soooo excited!:banana: Sounds like we will have a great time.
BTW, how long does it take to get to MK from Bonnet Creek? We will have a car and plan to go to rope drop and will also be eating at Poly and WL so would like an idea of how long it takes to get there. Thanks!

Less than ten minutes to get to MK parking lot or Poly/Contemporary ... not sure about the drive to WL. Keep im mind, that once at the TTC parking, you still have to monorail or ferry over to MK so add on another 20-30 minutes or so.

I'd say it was less than 5 minutes (being really generous) to both MGM and Epcot, and slightly more to AK.

We went to the parks for opening hours and never had lines for parking, and generally were able to park close to the gates. Parking is currently $11/day.

The biggest waits are to get through the security lines at each park.

Just booked 6 nights in September.
Wondering what building to request to get the best view OR be away from the construction. I love breakfast on my balcony and a glass of wine on balcony before bed....usually at the parks for the fireworks. Maybe a pool view????Any ideas?

Also, is there barbeque area ?

I've been trying to trade my time share for there, but there is little or no availability. Must be a good resort. I'm going to keep trying.

Tink, instead of exchanging you might consider 'renting' from a VIP owner like I did. There are two that I know of, and a week in a 2bd delux is probably less to rent that the maintenance fees for your exchange plus the exchange fee. PM me if you want their email addresses so that you might contact them, but they both initially quoted me under $600 for the week and since i'm only staying 6 days, I ended up paying much much less. (I'm going in low season and within 60 days so I think that means a VIP can get available units very inexpensively...high season would probalby cost you more.

AMD: Bonnet Creek is about as close to MK as Disney's Caribbean Beach and closer to it than OKW or SSR. Driving will be less than 10 minutes I should think, tho I 've never really timed it from BWV, my home resort which might be 2 minutes closer.

If anyone would mind sharing with me recommendations for owners to rent from at Bonnet Creek? Thank you.

Ken Price (vacationupgrades.com). We're on our 3rd rental from him. He's very reliable and friendly. :thumbsup2

mommy....
I pm'd you a few VIP owners names I contacted from tug.

I'm still trying to convince DH that we should vacation during Spring Break, and comparing off-site resort options. If you have the chance, will you send me the information, too?

Thank you.

We stayed at Bonnet Creek in March and I was hesitant at first because I've always stayed at a Disney resort.....but it was awesome. We actually got our rental off ebay. I made sure to check seller's feedback and I believe it was an actual travel company that offered the auction. We had a 2 bedroom for $750 for 7 nights.
The only cons which may not matter to anyone else were:
couldn't purchase the dining plan not staying at disney....we usually always have the dining plan
and cost of parking at the parks every day...although bonnet creek does offer a shuttle... we just like coming and going as we please.
oh...and don't plan on eating there. I think a peanut butter and jelly sandwich was like $6

I'm curious to hear more from the folks who have always stayed onsite (us too) and stayed at Bonnet Creek....what made you choose there? Why go thru an owner? Can't you book your own room on line at their website? It doesn't have a great tripadvisor rating which worries me a bit. Tell me more -

I'm curious to hear more from the folks who have always stayed onsite (us too) and stayed at Bonnet Creek....what made you choose there? Why go thru an owner? Can't you book your own room on line at their website? It doesn't have a great tripadvisor rating which worries me a bit. Tell me more -

Hi
We rented of ebay. After researching last year, it was the cheapest. However, this year there seems to be alot of good deals so you can check their webiste and might be able to get a decent price.
I've always stayed a Disney but we were looking for a budget trip this year so we rented a 2 bedroom and split it with another couple...only ended up costing $325 for the week for us.
I thought I would hate it but it was actually nice to get away from all the disney craziness after a day at the parks. The location is awesome.. you are about 2 minutes away from downtown disney and about 5 from hollywood studios. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and having a washer and dryer was really nice. We requested a view of fireworks and you could see the Epcot ball from our balcony. Don't remember the full building name but it was "something" luna. You could see Epcot and MK fireworks from the balcony. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you would need, including a blender.
The pools were great and had alot of kids activities. They were just building the new pool and lazy river when we were there in March but I heard it is finished.
The only downside was the construction going on. I kinda marred the look of an otherwise gorgeous resort. However we were never disturbed by any noise.
I stayed at a 2 bedroom at SSR and Bonnet Creek is even nicer for about 1/10 of the cost per night.
Hope that helps. We are considering doing this resort again next year but I really want to book the dining plan so if we rent points cheap we may just stay at a DVC studio.

Thanks - that is interesting that it was nicer than SSR. We toured their during our DVC tour and thought it looked nice. Did you feel it was clean? That's a biggie for me. I really don't care if it's new but it has to be clean.

I read reviews of the place and several people said their room had problems, but ours was spotless and everywhere else we went at the resort was very clean also.
SSR 2 bedroom was beautiful too but I preferred the decor and layout of bonnet creek although both places offer the same amenities in the room. Although, bonnet creek seemed to have a better equipped kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter