Back from BLT: 6 nights, 2 segments

bub

Mouseketeer
Returned home yesterday from 6 nights at BLT (1 bedroom standard view, rm 7135). Room was on the first floor with a view of the bocce courts. This was a very convenient location near the elevators (for monorail access), community hall and pool. The room was exceptionally quiet. The only outside noise we heard were the games at the pool, and even that was not a big issue. There were four of us including 2 older teens, so the extra bathroom and pull-out chair were helpful.

Room was in fine condition, though I could see that the furniture is not wearing very well. A few things were missing from the kitchen but nothing we really needed. We did cook several simple meals in the room, including breakfasts, pizza and chicken tenders. Used WEGOShop for delivery and everything came as promised and on time (Kathy delivered the groceries). We checked in around noon and the room was ready around 2:30, so not bad.

We enjoyed the resort, especially the location. Walked to and from MK several times. Pool was fun and though it got crowded in the afternoon, we managed to find chairs over near the water fountains. We watched Wishes from TOWL one night. The view is great. The lounge was actually rather crowded inside.

We segmented the reservation into 2 parts about a week before we left, in order to do deluxe dining on the first day. It took a few minutes when I called but MS figured it out. Somehow the names of people in the room were confused in the process, but I called back and fixed this. We did need new keys the next morning but this did not take long and there were no problems using our credits.

The weather and crowds were typical for summer at WDW, but we managed to do most of what we had planned. We all tie-dyed Mickey t-shirts at the community hall and this was fun (this was cancelled once due to rain, because the coloring part takes place outside).

Overall it was a great yet tiring trip. Would have liked some more quiet time at the resort, but teens are less interested in non-park days.

The weather and crowds were typical for summer at WDW, but we managed to do most of what we had planned. We all tie-dyed Mickey t-shirts at the community hall and this was fun (this was cancelled once due to rain, because the coloring part takes place outside).

Tie-dye sounds like fun. Where's the community hall? When do they do the tye-dye?

Thanks for the information.

I wondered what it would be like on the first floor of BLT.

It sounds like it was nice.

The Community Hall is on the first floor near the lobby. Mickey Tie-dye is offered Mondays and Wednesdays in August, not sure about other months. We reserved in advance but they had space for walk-ins this week. We all did the shirts and it was fun for older teens (and their parents).

We liked being on the first floor because it was so convenient. It was quieter than being on the first floor at Boardwalk, in my opinion. Of course, we had
no special view but looking at trees and the bocce
court was fine.

We really ran all over the parks on this trip, but we know that quieter times are coming. I do agree that
Walt Disney created a place that everyone can
enjoy together, which makes our trips worthwhile.
Lots of family bonding!

hey it won't be long before you can return w/o kids...

until then.

:cool1::cool1:

Yea, but that doesn't last long. As soon as they get real jobs and families, they start wanting to come with you again. We seldom ever get trips to ourselves now. We go 4 times a year and this year only one trip was by ourselves (January). Those dang kids and grandkids are always tagging along and slowing us down....6 more days and we'll be there again! Guess I need to pack!!

:cool1::cool1:

Yea, but that doesn't last long. As soon as they get real jobs and families, they start wanting to come with you again. We seldom ever get trips to ourselves now. We go 4 times a year and this year only one trip was by ourselves (January). Those dang kids and grandkids are always tagging along and slowing us down....6 more days and we'll be there again! Guess I need to pack!!

:rotfl2: Yeah, it's horrible having that problem! That just started for us and it's great.

We would love to do the Mickey Tie Dye in September if the days work out. Do you remember the cost?

The cost for Mickey tie-dye was $17 with a ten percent discount for DVC members. The staff gave helpful hints for making different designs. This was a fun souvenir for us. I have my shirt on today! It is a bit messy but they provide smocks and gloves. The shirts are typical tie-dye with three circles that represent Mickey. I think most people only have their kids do this but my husband and I also enjoyed the activity.

Sounds like you had a great time! The shirts sound like fun. Hmmmmm maybe an activity for Dh and I in September!!!!

Cyndi

Am looking forward to our third visit to BLT in the fall (2 nites in studio at BWV for F&W & party for the senses....can crawl back to room) and then 5 nights at BLT one B/R MK view. We have not had a good pool week there yet. Pool water has been extremely cold last two Octobers. And youngsters think the hot tub is their own kiddie pool. But DH and I enjoyed playing ping pong right there. Will have to try the bocce ball court. And the little beach area beyond the hot tub makes me so happy. Love watching all the different birds....especially the egrets (?) with their long legs walking steathily thru the water looking for fish. BLT is a wonderful place. So is BWV. I need to find out more about this "segmented" stay stuff. Didn't know you could do that for dining plan reasons. Can someone point me to a legitimate link about this? We are doing DeluxeDDP for the BWV stay..but would like to use DDP for one night at the end of our week. Although I am more or less totally against the DDP and would much rather use our TIW and order what I WANT from the menu and not what I think I have to order to get my money's wroth!!! An ongoing discussion between me and DH.
Anyway, sounds like you had a wonderful time at BLT. Happy to hear that. Out of curiousity, were the teens boys or girls or boy and girl. I think two teens in a one bedroom is okay is they are opposite sex or the same, but once you get to three...and too much age difference.....time to get that wo bedroom. Didn't you just LOVE having the extra full bath behind the kitchen? It is just DH and me in the One B.R., but we utilize every inch of that room. Compared to the size on the one B.R. at BWV with the one bath...wish they would have segmented the toilet away from the shower (like beach club did). But we love the value you get for points at BWV....and the atmosphere. So completely different than BLT....but wonderful just the same.

Our teens are a boy and a girl ages 17 and 19. It was nice to have the pullout chair rather than bringing the aerobed, especially since we flew this time. Two baths were a great luxury as well. We have stayed most often at Boardwalk in the past and we missed walking to Epcot and studios, but the proximity to MK was great. We played bocce twice and loved having this right there by the pool.

This was the first time we ever tried the dining plan and being able to do just one night made the difference. Too bad this has not been perfected, as we might have taken one other night but did not want to deal with getting new keys more than once. The mugs were really easy to refill at both the pool and Contempo Cafe. Not sure I would get these at other DVC properties, especially Boardwalk. Wonder why they don't add a refill station there at the pool? If you need more info on segmented stays you will find multiple threads on these boards.

Actually, you can refill at the main pool at BWV....you show the bartender your cup, but he fills a paper cup that you have to pour into your own cup. Someting about them "touching your cup". Same thing at the Boardwalk Bakery....won't touch YOUR cup, but will hand you a styrofoam after you show them you cup. I am sure it has someting to do with germs and lawsuits....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter