• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from 7 day western on Fantasy

1princess1prince

Mouseketeer
Just got back a week ago - really wish I was still there. I'm not a trip report kind of person but will list what we did and am happy to answer any questions.
We Rented car for 1 day to and from through budget and used their shuttle to and from port - all went very well - used a discount code I found searching the boards and was able to get small SUV for under $50 each way.
Stayed at holiday inn express in cocoa beach - nice enough and free breakfast - pool nothing to talk about
1st sea day - me and dh and another couple mixology, me and friend champagne tasting : dh and friend whiskey tasting...mixology is the only we would repeat.
Grand Cayman - native way - starfish, stingray and coral garden - I was hesitant it not being Disney but it was great!!
Costa Maya - Chachoben ruins - very hot, kids were a little bored
Cozumel - secret river - wonderful experience
My dd is 10 - turns 11 Mid July - I asked on last night if she could go to Edge for 1 hour - we signed a waiver and she was allowed - they said it has some to do with how busy it is - she had a blast!!
I think that's all the important stuff - oh and we did 3 early mornings at pool and aqua duck - so nice!! My dd and ds were first on one morning and all 3 mornings got at least 3 runs in before it got busy.
We booked a placeholder and plan to do the Eastern Caribbean in 2015!! Can't wait!!

Oh and we had obstructed verandah 7668 - well worth the money we saved - didn't bother us at all.

Were booked in room 9664 which I'm sure is above you, its a Navigator Suite. Is that what you had and do they have clear or white walls looking out to the Ocean?

Oh and we had obstructed verandah 7668 - well worth the money we saved - didn't bother us at all.

So great to hear that! Do you have any pics of the obstruction? We have that room (and it's adjoining room with a non-obstructed) for this December! Any other room/location info?

Thanks for the info!!!

We did the Eastern in May and booked the Western for April of 2014. Glad to hear you had a good time.

So great to hear that! Do you have any pics of the obstruction? We have that room (and it's adjoining room with a non-obstructed) for this December! Any other room/location info?

Thanks for the info!!!

I have never posted a picture before so here goes -

We had no problems with noise or anything. Loved being so close to elevators/stairs - easy walk down 2 flights to Oceaneers Lab. Elevators up to Cabanas :) We did feel elevators were a little more crowded this time so we just used the stairs more. We also did feel a lot more ?bumping? this time - we were aft last time too - a few doors down but on the Dream - location would not have made the difference we felt - wondering if it is because we were going so fast. On the 5 day Dream we don't think we really had anywhere to go. So we assume that was why. I took Bonine for the first few days and for the tender in Grand Cayman and was fine after that. I get vertigo so get worried but was fine. I have to take it the day after we get home too, though - usually that's when it hits me again.:confused3

for the first time (sailed all the other ships, platinum members) - who is the captain and the cruise director right now? Glad you had a great time!

Were booked in room 9664 which I'm sure is above you, its a Navigator Suite. Is that what you had and do they have clear or white walls looking out to the Ocean?

I am pretty sure that was what ours was called - if I remember correctly our room had the most obstruction of all the obstructed :) Our friends stayed in 7170 right across the way - they were also happy with theirs. Walls were clear.

Let me try again

Sorry - I will try to figure it out - may have to do with restrictions on my shutterflly site?

Thanks for trying! I'm just mainly curious --- I don't see us changing at all...especially since we also have the connecting room.

But thanks for all the info about the location. I also am a bit worried about the movement so I will pack some bonine too!! :)

Just got back a week ago - really wish I was still there. I'm not a trip report kind of person but will list what we did and am happy to answer any questions.
We Rented car for 1 day to and from through budget and used their shuttle to and from port - all went very well - used a discount code I found searching the boards and was able to get small SUV for under $50 each way.
Stayed at holiday inn express in cocoa beach - nice enough and free breakfast - pool nothing to talk about
1st sea day - me and dh and another couple mixology, me and friend champagne tasting : dh and friend whiskey tasting...mixology is the only we would repeat.
Grand Cayman - native way - starfish, stingray and coral garden - I was hesitant it not being Disney but it was great!!
My dd is 10 - turns 11 Mid July - I asked on last night if she could go to Edge for 1 hour - we signed a waiver and she was allowed - they said it has some to do with how busy it is - she had a blast!!
I think that's all the important stuff - oh and we did 3 early mornings at pool and aqua duck - so nice!! My dd and ds were first on one morning and all 3 mornings got at least 3 runs in before it got busy.
We booked a placeholder and plan to do the Eastern Caribbean in 2015!! Can't wait!!

Hello! Glad to hear you and your family had such a great trip. Me, my DH, my four daughters, my twin sister and my husband's parents are going on a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy 11/9-16/13 and are very excited. My sister and I are very interested in booking the Champagne Tasting and the Mixology Tasting on this cruise. How hard was it to get into these two Tastings since there are only 2 Sea Days, thereby limiting the availability? I imagine there will be alot of people wanting those slots and I know it is 1st come/1st serve. I plan on going directly to Guest Services to try to book both of them as soon as I get on-board. On my last cruise, I went to one of the bars in the adult district, like the Navigator advised, to book these two tastings, but by the time I got there, all the slots were gone. I heard it is quicker to go to Guest Services to book the Tastings. Is that what you did? You said you would repeat the Mixology but not the Champagne Tasting - just curious why? Thank you in advance for the information.:)

Hello! Glad to hear you and your family had such a great trip. Me, my DH, my four daughters, my twin sister and my husband's parents are going on a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy 11/9-16/13 and are very excited. My sister and I are very interested in booking the Champagne Tasting and the Mixology Tasting on this cruise. How hard was it to get into these two Tastings since there are only 2 Sea Days, thereby limiting the availability? I imagine there will be alot of people wanting those slots and I know it is 1st come/1st serve. I plan on going directly to Guest Services to try to book both of them as soon as I get on-board. On my last cruise, I went to one of the bars in the adult district, like the Navigator advised, to book these two tastings, but by the time I got there, all the slots were gone. I heard it is quicker to go to Guest Services to book the Tastings. Is that what you did? You said you would repeat the Mixology but not the Champagne Tasting - just curious why? Thank you in advance for the information.:)

Yes we went straight to guest services - we had boarding number 3. No line at guest services, I think I found out I am not a champagne drinker - I like my mimosas though :). But my favorite champagne ended up being the cheapest :). It was fun for something to do but just probably wouldnt do it again. if you like champagne it think it would be worth it. The mixology class was just more interactive and fun.

Have fun on your cruise!!

Thanks for trying! I'm just mainly curious --- I don't see us changing at all...especially since we also have the connecting room.

But thanks for all the info about the location. I also am a bit worried about the movement so I will pack some bonine too!! :)

Sorry about that, still not sure what's wrong. But the picture I have is my dh, dd and DS all standing side by side in the part of the balcony that is not obstructed - they are standing close but they all fit there.

Have a great time!!

1princess1prince said:

Just curious, could you tell me about champagne tasting and why you wouldn't repeat? I love champagne and we paid for Remy champagne brunch but I'm thinking this might be a better option for our next cruise!

Just curious, could you tell me about champagne tasting and why you wouldn't repeat? I love champagne and we paid for Remy champagne brunch but I'm thinking this might be a better option for our next cruise!

If you love champagne it will probably be worth it got you. I think I liked 2/6 of them and one was the cheapest :). For me it was just something I would do once.

We are doing the Western in August and plan on doing the ruins in Costa Maya, can you elaborate on your experience. I know you said the kids were bored but how did the adults like it?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter