Back from 2/29 Wonder

rboyz

Earning My Ears
What a great time our first cruise was.

We drove down to Florida from Long Island on Friday, 2/27. Snow had fallen in North Carolina (of all places!) the day before, but roads were clear.
Got to South Carolina and stayed the night (about 14 hours from home).
Woke up Saturday morning and drove to New Smyrna Beach to visit my Grandfather (turns out I am the ONLY one out of his 4 children and 11 grandchildren never to have visited, so I'm glad we decided to stop and see him). We visited about 3 hours then drove to Cocoa Beach. We walked to Ron Jons and did some window shopping.

Got up Sunday morning and drove to the port. How exciting it was to see the Wonder waiting for us!!

I was surprised at how quickly and easily the check-in proceedure was. (I think it helped I had all my paperwork in one place and all filled out).

First night was a rough one. Rough seas from the last few days of windy weather. Me and one of my DS's didn't feel so well, so we ended up going to sleep about 9:30 pm. I feel like it was a wasted night.

The rest of the trip was great. My 4 DS's had a great time.

We had 2 inside staterooms (category 11) and I found it to be roomy enough and I was very happy with it. If you are on a budget, I think you'll be very pleased.

Disembarkment went very smoothly. I was surprised that we found our luggage easily. I had heard and thought it was going to be a loooong time looking for our luggage.

After leaving the port we drove to Daytona Beach, where my brother (who also lives on Long Island) was down for Bike Week. How strange to visit with my brother so far from home. LOL
DH loved walking around Daytona for a few hours looking at bikes!!! (and biker girls!! LOL)
We drove to South of the Border and stayed the night.

Friday we drove to Delaware, stayed with in-laws and came back to Long Island on Saturday.

We had a GREAT time and are planning on booking another 4 nighter for February 2006.
We would *love* to do it again next February, but DH has to pay off his motorcycle before the intrest rate jumps sky high. We have to save for that this year. (Boys and their toys!!!)

Now it's back to reality tomorrow.

I loved reading this board and getting lots of tips, if anyone has any questions, I'd be more then happy to answer.

I think the weather was PERFECT!! Some people may disagree with me.

I am not a sun-loving, *hot*, lover.
It was over-cast most of the days. I'm not sure of the temp, but I was very comfortable in shorts and a tee-shirt. It was the perfect weather, not too cold, not too hot.

A couple times the sun broke out and boy was the sun HOT, so I was glad for the clouds.

The first night and morning were very windy. I think that was a bit unusual. It wasn't a cold wind, but in the morning it was a bit cool to eat outside.

The weather is one of the main reasons I'll book the next cruise for the same time of year!!!!

How was your day at CC? Did the weather interfer with plans? Did you do any excursions on CC or in Nassau? How were the meals and the shows on board?

It is so nice of you to share your experiences with all of us. Thank You and I am glad you had such a good trip!!

CC weather was just as nice. We did go parasailing, we had first reservation (10 am), we went out, first guy went, then they said it was too windy to go alone and all the rest had to go tandam (which was fine with us, that was our plan anyway). It was so much fun.
We got back and heard that all other parasailing had been cancelled until noon. I think they started again about 1:00. Glad we got ours in first thing.

DH and 2 DS's went on banana boat, they had a blast. I would recommend goggles, one DS's eyes were bothering him from the salt water for the rest of the afternoon.

No excursions in Nassau for us, we just walked around a bit. DH and I went on our honeymoon there. It's the big pink hotel you see when you are docked.

We didn't really see many shows, we are not really "show" type people.

The food was great. What I had. LOL. I am a very picky eater. DH enjoyed the food very much. He ate, and ate and ate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter