back from 1/18 magic

azreial

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,
We just got back from the 1/18 magic. I t was great. The weather however wasn't :( We didn't get to go to Castaway Cay because of the winds. Even if we could have gone it wasn't too great beach weather, pretty chilly. I think there were really only 3-4 good days for swimming total.
This was my first cruise and I had the best time. Everything else was great. Dogan and Dennis were our servers. The kids loved Dennis. My sister went to Bingo and I met her there, the bingo guy-Robin was great. He was so funny. I think I went to every bingo session after that, even the 9am breakfast bingo!!
The food was of course wonderful. The spa was great too. My sister and I went to the rainforest room. We just loved the sented steam room.
The only complaint I had, besides the weather, was our house keeper. Everyone on the ship was so friendly and nice, how ever she was not. I am not someone who complains, but I did put how unsatisifed I was with her on the comment card. I wish I didn't have to, but she was that bad. I was really surprised. I have always found Disney employees to be the most friendly and helpful.

We will be on the 2/1 cruise... and my friend will be highly upset if we don't dock there!

I hope that didn't leave too big of a hole in your heart. So many of us plan, plan and plan and when something like weather gets in the way... well it can be disappointing.

So... tell us about your cabin stewadess... curious as to what made her so bad? Didn't clean?

Thanks for posting!!!;)

Sorry that you missed Castaway Cay. It happens sometimes, but it's better to be safe.

I'd love to hear about your shore excursions. I just eat those up!

Tina :)

What were the movies on board during the 1/18 magic? We're going on 2/1 and trying to figure out what they might be.

When I heard about the earth quake in mexico did it effect your seas at all? Was the weather nice in Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

We had nice weather in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but that was about it. Too bad that Disney hasn't figured out a way to control the outside temperatures!

We did the Captain Marvin's 2-hour tour. I would recommend it highly. Our guides were Christopher and Roy. Great guys. My only complaint was that the water was deeper than I had expected. Our guide told us to keep our feet on the bottom--the rays don't like it if you kick out at them. I didn't stay in the water long, because I was afraid that I'd kick one by accident when I was trying to breathe. I recommend wearing a life vest if you are short.

Our servers were Milan and Carmen--excellent.

I'm ready to go again--any time.

What special events did you enjoy when CC was cancelled?

It seems like this month, the weather has been really rough. I think that last year, January was alittle warmer when I went to Florida.

Thx for sharing your trip with us!

I'm not azreial, but I'll try to answer your questions. My family of 7 stayed at AKL for 4 days before sailing on the Magic on 1/18. I'm not ready to write a full trip report, still getting settled and my dad is sick but I'll try to answer your questions.

The movies were: Sweet Home Alabama, The Santa Clause 2, Treasure Planet, Lilo & Stitch, Signs, Greek Wedding, and Spy Kids 2.

When CC was cancelled they added movies and a midday street festival (I can't remember what they called it.) It was similar to the sailaway party (but inside) and offered free drinks (if you could get close to the server.) They also added a disembarkation talk at 10:30am that we went to. It was cold outside and we thought the day was kinda boreing so we starting packing.

My family and I just got back from the 1/19 Wonder cruise and we had a beautiful day at Castaway Kay (almost 80). We stopped there on 1/21, what day couldn't you port?? That's a shame!! I thought it was the highlight of the trip. It should be 2 days there and none at Nassau!

we tried to dock on 1/24, weather was awful all day, got packing done early and just rested, drank and ate and played the golf game, tons of adults, the rest of the week was great, got plenty of sun, went to seven mile beach in grand cayman, and playasol in mexico, that's a crazy place, our servers were gemma and sean, they were fantastic, had stephan as head server he was also great! virginia was stateroom hostess, she was also good! we were in room 2566 (noisy) one night was really bad, floor was vibrating for several hours, luckily i fell asleep about 2 hours later. food was excellent! they also had thanksgiving pins left and chip & dale artist choice (dec) and also the new one that came out 1/12, not much pin trading, a lot of kids who just started, they had a lot of older lanyard pins.

She didn't clean very well at all. She wasn't friendly, never said 'hi' unless you said it first. One morning the rug needed to be vacummed-the kids spilled some cereal, we had picked most of it up, but it did need a vaccume, and that night she complained to me that she had to clean the rug with her hands because there were things on the floor and she cannot vaccume with things on the floor. Mind you the things on the floor were a backpack tucked in the corner next to the desk and a bag in front of the connecting door. I really think she was out of line complaing about that. I cleaned the cabin everyday. WE always had all the dirty towels together for her, the beds all cleaned off in the morning, and the sofa cleaned off in the evening so she could turn it into a bed. Also the rug that she "cleaned with her hands" mysteriously looked exactly the same as when we left in the morning.
She would visibly show her irration if we were in the room when she came to clean or turn down the beds. We also got ourselves together and left the room within 5 minutes of her coming. Also, we checked to get ice at turn down service, but we did not get any until the 3rd day of the cruise and then it was in the morning, for that and the 4th day. She never removed the water when the ice melted, one time she put the bag of new ice over the bag of water!!! ( I had forgotten to dump the bag)
Sorry for the rant. I do understand that housekeeping is a hard job but this woman really does not like her job and it shows.
Originally posted by goin2dzny
We will be on the 2/1 cruise... and my friend will be highly upset if we don't dock there!

I hope that didn't leave too big of a hole in your heart. So many of us plan, plan and plan and when something like weather gets in the way... well it can be disappointing.

So... tell us about your cabin stewadess... curious as to what made her so bad? Didn't clean?

Thanks for posting!!!;)

I think everyone did their packing then :) and laundry

Originally posted by bengals01
we tried to dock on 1/24, weather was awful all day, got packing done early and just rested, drank and ate and played the golf game, tons of adults, the rest of the week was great, got plenty of sun, went to seven mile beach in grand cayman, and playasol in mexico, that's a crazy place, our servers were gemma and sean, they were fantastic, had stephan as head server he was also great! virginia was stateroom hostess, she was also good! we were in room 2566 (noisy) one night was really bad, floor was vibrating for several hours, luckily i fell asleep about 2 hours later. food was excellent! they also had thanksgiving pins left and chip & dale artist choice (dec) and also the new one that came out 1/12, not much pin trading, a lot of kids who just started, they had a lot of older lanyard pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter