Back & forth from BCV to Epcot

tallvine

Earning My Ears
Hello - I know I can easily walk back & forth from BCV to Epcot. Since the buses can be frustrating to wait for some times ... On days when I wanted to go to the MK , I thought I'd walk over to Epcot & grab the monorail to Magic Kingdon - then take the monorail back to Epcot at the end of the day and walk back to BCV. Can I do this on days when Epcot closes earlier than MK ?( will Epcot let me in to get to the walkway back to BCV? ) Seems like a great solution I just don't know if it's viable. thanks

You really don't want to walk through Epcot to get on the monorail to the MK. The walk from the International Gateway to the Epcot main entrance is very long and time consuming. You then have to transfer at the TTC for the MK monorail. This can take quite a bit of time if you have to wait for the monorails.

Having stayed many times at either the Yacht Club or Boardwalk it is so simple to just take the bus from your resort to the MK.

And to answer your question about if Epcot closes earlier than the MK....No you cannot enter Epcot to walk through to the International Gateway if the park is closed.

wdwgoofeeee is right. If you try to get to Magic Kingdom by walking through Epcot, your feet will be tired before you even get through the Magic Kingdom turnstiles.

If we're at the Magic Kingdom and we're staying at an Epcot resort area hotel, sometimes we will take the monorail to Epcot late afternoon. We will end our day at Epcot and then walk to the hotel. But that way, if your feet are tired, you're done for the day anyway.

I have to disagree.

my family and I have made that walk numerous times from BCV through Epcot to the monorail to MK. The kids enjoy the monorail ride over the bus and its really not a bad walk - just depends how much energy you have at that particular moment.

We also have been allowed through the Epcot entrance when the park was closed so we could hike it back to the BCV. They asked for proof that we were staying at BCV, which I was able to provide and we had no problems getting through.

I have to disagree.

my family and I have made that walk numerous times from BCV through Epcot to the monorail to MK. The kids enjoy the monorail ride over the bus and its really not a bad walk - just depends how much energy you have at that particular moment.

We also have been allowed through the Epcot entrance when the park was closed so we could hike it back to the BCV. They asked for proof that we were staying at BCV, which I was able to provide and we had no problems getting through.

Agree. We enjoy this walk. However, if you are in a hurry for some reason (ADR) it's not necessarily the quickest way. But it can be fun!

You have to walk to the monorail platform, about 20-25 mins. Then wait for the monorail to come, anywhere from 0-15 mins. Then the ride to TTC, switch to the MK line...express line is best. Then reverse it going back. I have seen people denied entrance to Epcot if it's too late. If Epcot is just closing then you may be allowed to enter in order to walk to Intl Gateway. But, if it's too far past closing, then you may be denied.
If it were me (and I routinely stay at the Epcot resorts) I would just take the bus back at the end of the day. If you want to trek through Epcot to ride the monorail to MK, fine. I just wouldn't do it going back to BC.

I have to agree that the walk is a lot longer than I anticipated. We did it once. After that, we just took the bus. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter