• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back fom Canada

DVCFAN

dvcfan
It was hot first day. Got on the ship by noon. Very pleasant boarding experience.
We took a tour of the ship in the first afternoon so we knew where to go. We left the port about 5:20 and cleared the verrazano bridge about 40 minutes later made it to Palo for a 7:30 40th Anniversery Dinner. Weather was cool in the 60s but wind chill from the moving ship. Halifax was fun. They has bagpipers playing
Went on the Hop on to Peggys Cove it was fun forgot to got take pictures of the cove cause the lighthouse pretty and there was a whale off shore. Stayed on the bus in Halifax got a good overview of the city. The shops in the terminal are required to have a good price for there stuff and they are watched so the image of the city is not affected. St John was fun did the 2 loops of the hop on on went to the top of a hill and had a great view of the ship. The other went to the reversing falls we were there just after low tide when the turbulance is least. The bus has a stop there and the next bus is 20 min later. The train was BAD do not go on even if you love trains.. There is a bus to the train then the train 5 mins at the falls and 15 mins at a paper plant then a 15 bus ride back. there was a one time change
clocks ahead 1 hour

Why was the train bad??? too short of time at teh stop?

The train spent 15 minutes at a paper factory watching a truck dump its load. The
the view of the falls is just as good from the hop on . the falls depends alot on the hight of the tide. The train is expensive for what you get and duplicated the bus portion

Thanks for the info on the train...I was concerned about booking it since it was a new offering, but DS loves trains. I don't think it's worth it by what you said so I guess I will have to cancel it. Our cruise leaves Sunday so I can't cancel online anymore...hope I can cancel aboard ship! :sad2:

Thanks for the info on the train...I was concerned about booking it since it was a new offering, but DS loves trains. I don't think it's worth it by what you said so I guess I will have to cancel it. Our cruise leaves Sunday so I can't cancel online anymore...hope I can cancel aboard ship! :sad2:

Go immediately to Port Excursions and or Guest Services upon boarding the ship. Tell them what you read about the excursion, especially the part that it was so bad that DCL was offering partial refunds for those who took it on the inaugural cruise.

So do you think the hop on/off bus is the best bet for sightseeing in St. John?

We were going to book the train thanks for letting everyone know the train is not a good excursion.

I can't believe the ship was offering 50% refunds. WOW! Do you think they may even stop offering the excursion?

So do you think the hop on/off bus is the best bet for sightseeing in St. John?

We were going to book the train thanks for letting everyone know the train is not a good excursion.

I can't believe the ship was offering 50% refunds. WOW! Do you think they may even stop offering the excursion?

They should immediately stop offering the excursion. They should give 100% refunds. They should also offer some type of gift (cruise merchandise) for having wasted the time of their valued customers!

Go immediately to Port Excursions and or Guest Services upon boarding the ship. Tell them what you read about the excursion, especially the part that it was so bad that DCL was offering partial refunds for those who took it on the inaugural cruise.

Will do, thanks for the info! I am actually going to try calling to cancel it as well...just need to get the kids to quiet down!

Just wondering about what shows were offered?

Twice Charmed, Villains, and Dreams. All three shows, in addition to the first night welcome to the ship performance were wonderful! No obstructed views as was the problem on the Dream. The Pirate Party was amazing, with the fireworks incorporated into the performance and an amazing buffet immediately following it.

Twice Charmed, Villains, and Dreams. All three shows, in addition to the first night welcome to the ship performance were wonderful! No obstructed views as was the problem on the Dream. The Pirate Party was amazing, with the fireworks incorporated into the performance and an amazing buffet immediately following it.

Which night did not have a theater show, pirate night? And was Disney Dreams the last night then? What was dining menu on last night? Thanks!

Will do, thanks for the info! I am actually going to try calling to cancel it as well...just need to get the kids to quiet down!

Your daughter would love the Tea with Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. It's offered at 3:30 p.m. on sea days. It's free, but you need tickets Go to Guest Services to request the tickets as soon as you board. It's a lot of fun and a a good photo opportunity.

Which night did not have a theater show, pirate night? And was Disney Dreams the last night then? What was dining menu on last night? Thanks!

There was no theater show on Pirate Night. Disney Dreams was the last night. They had Beef Wellington and Baked Alaska on the last evening. There was a "show'/parade by the waiters in the dining room in Animator's Palate, on Pirate night and on the last night of the cruise. Very good entertainment!

Your daughter would love the Tea with Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter. It's offered at 3:30 p.m. on sea days. It's free, but you need tickets Go to Guest Services to request the tickets as soon as you board. It's a lot of fun and a a good photo opportunity.
That sounds awesome. My daughter will love that. We were planning on doing the train ride, so I'm glad to hear the feedback. We were going to book it on Tuesday, but now i know just to book the bus tour.

I really appreciate the info about the train in St. John. I saw on a different thread that there were others who felt the same way. I went online and canceled that excursion today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter