• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Babywearing Mommas and Daddys :)

DisneyLvr55

<font color=darkorchid>The thing swooped down, hit
Any babywearing momma/daddys in here? :wave: :wave2:

My baby girl is almost 4 months, and I adore wearing her! She is my youngest of 3, and I regret not knowing about babywearing until now because it is wonderful! So snuggly and convenient when running out to the food store, Target.... Even around the house when shes crabby!

As of now, I have a k'tan which I use daily because its so quick and easy, a Mei Tai which is great, but takes a while to tie up so I don't wear it to much, and I'm waiting on my ring sling to get here. I just put a bid in on a pink/grey ergo that I would LOVE to have.

Share what you use, how you like it, how your baby likes it.... Anything and everything babywearing!!!
party:

I'm a mom of 6 (including a 3 month old) and love my various slings and carriers. With one that age, I'd put all my efforts into getting an Ergo soon, even if it means selling some of the other slings. Unless she's tiny, you'll really appreciate having her centered and so close to your body without all the effort. As you've noticed, the Mei Tai takes forever to use. It's a very comfortable position, but it's just a pain sometimes. The K'Tan can be used centered, but the knit fabric is hot, and it's so stretchy that she'll sag a little bit and be heavier on your shoulders. I've never used a ring sling, but I've used a pouch, and I don't like having them to one side once they're heavy. It hurts my back.

I use a K'Tan for the first few months, until they outgrow a sideways cradle position. That's really early with my giant babies. My 3 month old is over 17 pounds and around 26" the last time I measured him. I decided about 2 weeks ago that we were done with the K'Tan because he was just too big for the pocket. I was afraid he'd bounce out. So I switched to my Ergo. He's a little young for it because his upper body comes out so far and he lacks a little of the head control he needs, but I can keep an arm behind him or use the napping hood thing to make up for it. He'll stay in the Ergo for about 2 years or so. Then he'll be too tall for me to see where I'm going if I wear him.

Baby wearing has been such a sanity saver to me. I don't use it a lot at home, but shopping is so much easier when the baby is safe and happy. Church is easier, too. We have our children in the service with us, so once the baby gets too old to be happy napping on my lap throughout the service, I put him in his carrier and walk around with him in the back. It's fantastic at WDW, too. I can't imagine carrying a baby in line. My arms would get tired. Every trip, I am afraid that the baby wearing will get tiring because I don't normally do it for 6-8 hours/day several days in a row, but the Ergo is so great that I never feel a thing, even when we've gone on longer trips that were several weeks long.

Baby wearing dada here. Mostly for our Trips to parks and such. Have been to Disney twice and wore her both times. We use a Tula. This next trip we have upgraded to the toddler as she will be a little over 2yo. I tend to wear her in Epcot and she loves it. Easy to go in and out of the shops. Easy for rides and she can even nap in it. My wife and I swap off in other parks and its quick to adjust the straps.

I did it a decent amount when my daughter was 0-12 months. She wasn't all that into being worn and didn't mind the stroller at all so it wasn't something we did all the time. I liked the k'tan for those early weeks, then used my boba 3G (the soft structured carrier, not the wrap.)

Tulas seem to be the most popular carrier right now, preferred over Ergos.

I also liked my woven wrap okay.

I loved wearing DS! I only wore a New Native Baby Carrier, which is a simple sling.
DS loved me wearing him, and missed it terribly when he finally got too heavy
and his legs were too long - the sling was made so that my hip supported him along with the shoulder part.
I carried him without the sling until I couldn't do that anymore.

I truly believe it was a blessing to DS and myself and recommend it to every mom/dad!

I started with an Ergo but later discovered (and preferred) the Boba and Beco…

DH used to cross country ski with our first in a sling!

I loved my k'tan when my babies were small. So cuddly! I have a Tula and an ergo and love them both but the Tula a little more.

i tried sling but they always hurt DD was a big baby. I switched to the Ergo and used til it broke. I used a Tula Toddler after that, until she was Five and i just couldn't do it anymore. She was very sad when that happened, she loved being carried that way. She always felt connected in way she did not in a stroller, I guess she needed that a lot.

Ooh so happy to get a response!!!
I know lots of people think that babywearing is crazy, and to difficult, but really its great! I get so many comments from awesome to not-so-awesome when wearing my baby girl out in our k'tan. Its all good though - People question what they don't know, so the more info you give them the less weird looks you get! lol

I just put a bid in for a brand new ergobaby, so hoping to get that early next week as long as the seller doesn't back out or anything. I get a little worried buying off Facebook, but the seller has feedback so it should be all good. Plus these things are expensive, so whatever discount I can get I'll take! I Can't wait to get it - Love my k'tan but shes about 12lbs now so she won't fit in it much longer, despite what their packaging says ;) And I don't know what I'll do out food shopping with her if I don't have a carrier! She can't sit up on her own yet, and I hate putting the car seat on the carriage... Plus extra snuggles are always welcome :)

Anyway. I just wanted to say WELCOME and I'm so happy to have a little community of babywearers where we can take and share all things babywearing!! :)

my daughter is almost 1 and we generally stick to ring slings (i have a sakura bloom and an Oh Toodles wrap conversion). i have a tula, which i prefer over the ergo. we used it almost every day in disney - she got a lot of great naps in. it was so helpful when we had restaurant reservations during her nap times. i didn't have to bother her to take her out of the stroller. when she was really small i used a boba wrap, but i wish i had and knew how to use my ring slings back then. i'm not a wrapper.

All 4 of my kids had colic and the ring type slings were the only thing that saved my sanity. And if you BF, it's so easy to do it discreetly while in the slings.

The baby wearing days are long behind me, but I just wanted to say "Glad you discovered it!" I loved it too when DS was small. I had a Baby Bjorn and then a hip carrier from One Step Ahead. - I loved that thing!! It folded up tiny when I wasn't using it, but was so handy when he wanted to be carried and I needed at last one hand really free. He's 14 now, and I'm convinced that I'm still seeing the benefits of it today.

The Ergobaby I just bought was $95 - I have yet to find a Tula for under $135 at the lowest. I'm hoping to use this Ergo till I no longer can, and then selling it to upgrade to a Tula. Kinda sounds like Disney math, but it makes sense to me!! LOL

Just bought our daughter a Tula and they love it! Our 8-month old granddaughter is very inquisitive and loves looking around and seeing what everyone else is seeing! Our daughter will wear her while she's doing housework so she also doesn't have to worry what baby is getting into and she can get things done.

Just bought our daughter a Tula and they love it! Our 8-month old granddaughter is very inquisitive and loves looking around and seeing what everyone else is seeing! Our daughter will wear her while she's doing housework so she also doesn't have to worry what baby is getting into and she can get things done.

Is she wearing her front facing, or on her back? I don't know if I'll ever attempt a back carry - Don't think I have the confidence for that! Of course I never thought I'd try a wrap or k'tan either, so I guess never say never! :)

Mom of 3 including now 5 year old twins! I started out with the Moby because both of the twins could be worn! Used that until about 6 months when the babies were big enough to use the Ergo. I also purchased a Beco Gemini (the one that does FFO) for using at parades, the aquariium, etc but much preferred the Ergo for everyday use.

Now with my 3rd I went with the K'Tan for when he was small and he's using one of the same Ergos from the older kids. Not planning to try anything else!

If you're scared of a back carry just try up and down over the bed at home. Then when you do it out the first time you can stand right by the car and look at your reflection in the mirror while you get the baby in.

Is she wearing her front facing, or on her back? I don't know if I'll ever attempt a back carry - Don't think I have the confidence for that! Of course I never thought I'd try a wrap or k'tan either, so I guess never say never! :)

I thinks mom prefers back and dad front. Our daughter says it definitely takes some talent to put her on her back. But I think they have it down now.

Mama of 3, here! I've worn all 3 of them. Our youngest is 6 months old and will be 7 months old on her first trip to Disney, so I'm sure there will be plenty of baby wearing. I prefer a Boba carrier and I have a Boba wrap I used when they were infants. I've used a mei tai before, too, but didn't like it as well. I'd love to try a ring sling sometime!

Didn't baby wear in general. We had one of those car seats where a base for the seat went in the car, another one went on the stroller, and the like. So we carried him around in his seat. When ours were old enough to support their own heads and we went hiking, we had the baby in a seat back pack. But ours kept stealing my glasses and my hat and throwing em all over the place. HAHA go get it my adult servants!!! HAHA now go and get it again!!!

My youngest is 11 now, but I wore her a LOT when she was a toddler. (We adopted her when she was 16 months old, so I didn't get a chance to wear her as an infant.) Started with a ring-sling, but found an Ergo carrier a lot more comfortable for both of us. She loved to be carried and I loved having my hands free and not having to deal with a stroller. Her favorite was the back carry. It took a little practice, but it was pretty easy to get her into it after a while. Of course, she was old enough to help a little. I didn't try it with a little, little one. Enjoy your babies! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter