Baby's first haircut @ Harmony barber shop

Miumiu4me

DIS Veteran
Tried to book an appointment for my 17 month old and they're completely booked til March.:( has anyone done a walk in recently? How long is the typical wait time? We were gonna try for next Saturday...

They're closed for refurb starting 2/2 through 3/31. You may have some walkin luck next Saturday but be prepared to wait.

Yup we were lucky to get our twins in 2/1 right before they closed- good luck on Saturday!

We are local- I figured we would go early.

Is there anywhere at Disney that offers a similar experience? Certificate, hat, etc?

We had to wait about 40 minutes, but we were able to walk in. I was shocked to see how low the prices were too. I bet that will change after the reopening.

I haven't been recently but previously I found if you go at opening, if you went straight there, it wasn't very crowded.

Love the Harmony Barbershop for the first haircut! All my kids had their first haircut there. So special!! Good luck!

We are local- I figured we would go early.

Is there anywhere at Disney that offers a similar experience? Certificate, hat, etc?

I was hoping for something similar too, as it will be closed the whole time we're there, but we're not local, so can't try again a month later. :sad:

How early in advance can you book this??

I think it's 90 days.

I haven't been recently but previously I found if you go at opening, if you went straight there, it wasn't very crowded. Love the Harmony Barbershop for the first haircut! All my kids had their first haircut there. So special!! Good luck!

We got there at 10:55am. 6 people were ahead of us ( walk ins) and then the appointments. Most of those six left before it was their turn.

We had setup a reservation at Harmony Barber shop for my son's 1st haircut a few days before we left for our trip, and there wasn't a problem getting an appointment - It was a wonderful experience for him. And because he liked it so much we have gone back and "walked in" for his haircuts without reservations, and have only had to wait approx. 30mins or so. It is becoming a tradition for our family & we can't wait to see all the new renovations that are being done!

good luck

We had setup a reservation at Harmony Barber shop for my son's 1st haircut a few days before we left for our trip, and there wasn't a problem getting an appointment - It was a wonderful experience for him. And because he liked it so much we have gone back and "walked in" for his haircuts without reservations, and have only had to wait approx. 30mins or so. It is becoming a tradition for our family & we can't wait to see all the new renovations that are being done! good luck

It's just hard to walk in now because it's about to close for a month.

I can wait to see the new renovations - because I am willing to bet that they come with increased prices. :P

Going to WDW in October and my DS will be 13 months old. I was thinking of doing this (if he has enough hair lol). But is 13 months too young?

I am so looking forward to doing this with my DD...I am hoping by summer she will be ready for her first haircut...

Going to WDW in October and my DS will be 13 months old. I was thinking of doing this (if he has enough hair lol). But is 13 months too young?

DS was 13 months and it was awesome! The woman cutting his hair was so sweet and gentle. She reminded me of one of Aurora's fairies.

My 16 month old had his First Hair cut their yesterday (it was awesome!)
We had an appointment, but I heard several walk-ins while we were there. The lady took their name and told them to come back in 45 minutes. :)

We went in November with our 10 month old and it was a great experience! They are really patient and have toys and stickers as distractions. Highly recommend!

We went in November with our 10 month old and it was a great experience! They are really patient and have toys and stickers as distractions. Highly recommend!

thank you for the reassurance! he was born with a full head of hair and has managed to keep most of it... so far :) i am really looking forward to this. oh heck, i'll probably cry lol!

Can someone tell me what the first haircut there entails? Would like to consider it for my 15 month old. He doesn't actually have much hair, but I think it would be a fun memory even if it's more of a trim. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter