The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

posted on another thread and he's the response I got back "If you get one of the smaller boats, yes, you need to fold them up as there just isn't any room to leave them open anywhere. If you get one of the larger boats (enclosed) they typically allow guests to just leave them open.". Hope this helps with your planning.
Yes... this.

And at WL, typically the "smaller" boats are used for the resort loop to Contemporary, WL and FW. The MK route uses the bigger boats that you can roll the stroller onto. I think they occasionally will use a smaller boat to MK as well, but typically it is the big ones. I've always been on one of the bigger ones.

I haven't used the WL boats since Dec 2014, but we were able to roll the stroller onto the MK boats then. I was just at Disney World this January and the EPCOT area resorts use basically the same kinds of boats and we were able to roll our stroller onto those as well.

Let the Changes Begin!
Not really much to report here, minus the fact that I need a new ticker... The fella and I got to talking about crowds and lines and such and he was really concerned about how busy the parks would be right after Easter. So we did some research and as it turns out most of the planning sites are also concerned about the week after Easter. I guess it was really busy that week this year (and possibly historically?). Spring isn't really a time I'm familiar with.

So we threw around some dates, did some price checking online and have decided to pus the trip back until the first weekend in may of 2017. Same days, Saturday through Friday, just May 6-May 12. I figure with Star Wars Weekends being over it shouldn't be too bad, plus the cheer groups should be gone by the time we get there.

I am trying to convince my partner to head up on Friday May 5th, instead of the Saturday. He did make a good point that driving up the night before would mean Elora would likely be asleep once we get to WDW... BUT we'd have the entire day Saturday to play around! Since we don't want to book until the package prices are released for 2017, we will have to decide as the dates get closer.

I know that we have some time to consider everything, but I started making a preliminary packing list (I know I'm insane). I didn't even think about all the different stuff we'd have to bring for a toddler! Stroller and stuff is a no-brainer, but toys, will she be potty trained by then (I sure hope so), do I bring a bed rail, what do I bring to keep her patient if we encounter a longer line?? I've got lots to research! As always, I'm open to suggestions here!

That's all for now, I'll come back once I have something to report, TTFN!

That seems like a good idea. I know Easter week historically has been busy. But it all depends on where spring breaks fall in relation to it too. I think they expected lower crowds this year due to the fact that Easter was so early. I guess maybe high crowds coupled with an early Easter would be a pretty good cause for concern.

I've never been in May, but I hear a lot of good things about going then. Looks like a great idea!

You know I'm always supportive of leaving a day early and getting a little extra Disney World time!

I don't know much about April/May crowds so I'm not any help here. Although we may be taking a quick trip back during this time to take advantage of our AP's!

I know that we have some time to consider everything, but I started making a preliminary packing list (I know I'm insane). I didn't even think about all the different stuff we'd have to bring for a toddler! Stroller and stuff is a no-brainer, but toys, will she be potty trained by then (I sure hope so), do I bring a bed rail, what do I bring to keep her patient if we encounter a longer line?? I've got lots to research! As always, I'm open to suggestions here!

You are not insane! I think I am so OCD I love making list including packing, eating, spread sheets! I love the organization and especially in between ADR's and fastpasses you have to have some kind of Disney business to work on!

You're not crazy, because I started making mine too. That way if I forget anything now, I have plenty of time to remember it before I actually need to pack it! When DD1 went right after she turned 2, she was partly potty trained. She would go if you put her on the potty, but she wouldn't always tell us when she had to go. While at Disney we just put her in pull ups and took her to the potty every time we went. It worked out just fine because she was wearing pullups so if she didn't tell us she had to go, it was no problem. I just made sure to bring about 4/5 extra pullups in our backpack for her when we were in the parks. We didn't do a bed rail, because she slept in a pack n play. It was actually one of the last times she could fit in a pack n play. As for toys, we really didn't bring a lot, just enough to occupy her on the plane (her lovies, a few books, a tablet with movies on it, and a coloring book w/ crayons.)

We didn't really have problems with waiting in long lines. I think the most we waited was about 30min an to occupy her we talked about the things in the line related to the ride, what we were going to do next, what characters she wanted to meet, etc. I always had a few games on my phone as a back up just in case. I have also heard good things about people bringing sticker books.

Crap! I posted this and then got impatient and called resort since website indicated they needed to be folded. The front desk said you have to fold them
now. :( I'm hoping this is what they say but not what they do. Anyone stay at wilderness recently that can comment on what they actually enforce with regard to strollers?

Hello! I am following along on your trip report. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge twice now. And it def depends on what boat shows up. They have larger boats that you can simply roll the strollers onto the boat. But they also have smaller boats that you need to fold up the strollers. It is a pretty 50/50 chance for what you get. But we found that the small boat is still more manageable than the buses. Only once was it a big issue and that was a late night at the MK and both girls were asleep in the stroller and a small boat arrived.

For a Deluxe resort, this is the best value, in my opinion. You get the proximity at a cheaper price! We have loved it.

I was thinking about Chef Mickey’s, but I keep hearing the food is just ok, so maybe we’ll go to ‘Ohana dinner instead.

Tucker House is a must; LOVED that meal in September. Maybe we can get a RoL viewing package! Do the characters meet for dinner too…?

So that's 5… Maybe Cape May? Any suggestions are welcomed!

We did Chef Mickey on our first trip for breakfast and we loved it. I feel like breakfast food is breakfast food. And my girls looooved that there was desert at breakfast! And it is a classic. I personally feel like it is a great first trip character meal!

I would suggest possibly Hoop Dee Doo Review. It is a short boat ride over to Fort Wilderness. We went this last trip and it was really enjoyable. It is 2 dinning credits, so there is that to account for.

We have done Whispering Canyon twice now as well. The servers do kind of gauge the mood of the dinner party. You could ask for a table around the perimeter of the room. I think that helps too, you feel more like

Your date change is probably a good idea. We wanted to go around that time this year until I started looking at prices... Not only will it be busy but the prices will be much higher.

That seems like a good idea. I know Easter week historically has been busy. But it all depends on where spring breaks fall in relation to it too. I think they expected lower crowds this year due to the fact that Easter was so early. I guess maybe high crowds coupled with an early Easter would be a pretty good cause for concern.

Since DD is not in school yet I really have no clue how Spring Breaks are scheduled. I was told by a few parents that it varies, kinda wildly from place to place. And that some schools even have another break for Easter week. We figured getting away from all that was best practice.

I've never been in May, but I hear a lot of good things about going then. Looks like a great idea!

We went last year for Mother's Day weekend. We didn't actually go to the parks, but the weather was lovely; warm and not too humid.

You know I'm always supportive of leaving a day early and getting a little extra Disney World time!

Funny, me too! DH does have a good point though, I don't know if I wanna miss seeing DD's little face when she sees Mickey as we drive under the arch way. She's not even 2 yet and already she loves that mouse!

I don't know much about April/May crowds so I'm not any help here. Although we may be taking a quick trip back during this time to take advantage of our AP's!

FUN! Get as much use outta those APs as possible!

You are not insane! I think I am so OCD I love making list including packing, eating, spread sheets! I love the organization and especially in between ADR's and fastpasses you have to have some kind of Disney business to work on!

I do love a good spread sheet. And as the Boy Scouts say "always be prepared!"

You're not crazy, because I started making mine too. That way if I forget anything now, I have plenty of time to remember it before I actually need to pack it! When DD1 went right after she turned 2, she was partly potty trained. She would go if you put her on the potty, but she wouldn't always tell us when she had to go. While at Disney we just put her in pull ups and took her to the potty every time we went. It worked out just fine because she was wearing pullups so if she didn't tell us she had to go, it was no problem. I just made sure to bring about 4/5 extra pullups in our backpack for her when we were in the parks. We didn't do a bed rail, because she slept in a pack n play. It was actually one of the last times she could fit in a pack n play. As for toys, we really didn't bring a lot, just enough to occupy her on the plane (her lovies, a few books, a tablet with movies on it, and a coloring book w/ crayons.)

Thankfully we won't be flying; we live in South Florida so it's just a quick drive north. We are really hoping to have D potty trained by her 2nd birthday. She tells us now after she goes, and doesn't like to be in a dirty diaper, but she hasn't been able to tell before she has to go. I know there are draw backs to a newly PT kiddo in WDW, but I dread having to change diapers all day! Only time will tell!

We didn't really have problems with waiting in long lines. I think the most we waited was about 30min an to occupy her we talked about the things in the line related to the ride, what we were going to do next, what characters she wanted to meet, etc. I always had a few games on my phone as a back up just in case. I have also heard good things about people bringing sticker books.

She would love a sticker book, or 4! I actually found a few cute ones in the dollar section at target so I grabbed those and put them away. DH wants to bring as little into the parks as humanly possible, which I agree with, to an extent. I do feel like there will be plenty of things to "eye spy" while we wait for stuff.

Hello! I am following along on your trip report. We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge twice now. And it def depends on what boat shows up. They have larger boats that you can simply roll the strollers onto the boat. But they also have smaller boats that you need to fold up the strollers. It is a pretty 50/50 chance for what you get. But we found that the small boat is still more manageable than the buses. Only once was it a big issue and that was a late night at the MK and both girls were asleep in the stroller and a small boat arrived.

:welcome: Thanks for following along! We will definitely be hoping for bigger boats wile we're there.

For a Deluxe resort, this is the best value, in my opinion. You get the proximity at a cheaper price! We have loved it.

We are now talking about possibly splurging for the POLY!! I'd die, but it's almost $1000 more, and I think we might like to hold onto that for souvenirs and stuff, we shall see.

We did Chef Mickey on our first trip for breakfast and we loved it. I feel like breakfast food is breakfast food. And my girls looooved that there was desert at breakfast! And it is a classic. I personally feel like it is a great first trip character meal!

DD and DH are not really morning people, so breakfast is usually a quick oatmeal for them. I'm still on the fence though; it's such a "Disney" meal...

I would suggest possibly Hoop Dee Doo Review. It is a short boat ride over to Fort Wilderness. We went this last trip and it was really enjoyable. It is 2 dinning credits, so there is that to account for.

We were actually just talking about this! On Saturday we all went to a Polynesian Dinner and show here in South Florida, and we LOVED it! we are considering HDDR or the shoe at the Poly, just trying to decide if we wanna spend the two credits on it.

We have done Whispering Canyon twice now as well. The servers do kind of gauge the mood of the dinner party. You could ask for a table around the perimeter of the room. I think that helps too, you feel more like

That's not a bad idea! After DH took a look at the menu,and a few pictures from my trip with my mama and sis he was more into it. Luckily we have a little time to research and decide!

Your date change is probably a good idea. We wanted to go around that time this year until I started looking at prices... Not only will it be busy but the prices will be much higher.

I noticed that too! when I had originally looked at the cost (using 2016 prices) our April dates were almost $300 more than the May rates! Crazy how supply and demand work in the Disney world...

Funny, me too! DH does have a good point though, I don't know if I wanna miss seeing DD's little face when she sees Mickey as we drive under the arch way. She's not even 2 yet and already she loves that mouse!
Ok... very good point.

But, I'll play devil's advocate here.

Don't set yourself up for failure. The moment of driving under the arch might be magical. Or it might not be. When they're that age, what may be meaningful to us, may or may not be meaningful to them. On the first couple of trips for our kids, we'd point out the arch and then spend the rest of the drive to the resort explaining what it meant to them and the fact that Disney World is a big place, so yes, we still had to drive a little bit farther. And no, we can't go see Mickey/ride Dumbo/whatever they wanted to do right at this very instant.

Just sayin, while that might be a very magical and exciting moment. It also might be very anti-climactic so keep that in mind.

Hi im following im also planning on going to DW in April 2017 with my husband, sister in law, and my niece and nephew who will be 3 and 5 by then. we are definitely in the beginning stages of the planning process and super excited about it!!!

We did something like those dates in 2014. At the time they still had SWW, and we hit the first day of that plus the last weekend of Flower & Garden. And I have to say, even with those events, the crowds really weren't terrible. Not early September level of quiet, but better than we've experienced this past November.

We are now talking about possibly splurging for the POLY!! I'd die, but it's almost $1000 more, and I think we might like to hold onto that for souvenirs and stuff, we shall see.

The Poly is amazing. We stayed there on our first trip before they redid the lobby and everything. It is perfect for strollers to get to the Magic Kingdom and to get back for a nap. (Wilderness Lodge is good for that as well) If you can afford it and stomach the cost, it is so nice. I would love to stay there again but the cost difference is hard to take! But the poly is amazing.

Something else I do for our girls is Tinkerbell gifts. I lay out something in the room each night for the girls. We say that Tinkerbell left them. The first year, when the girls we real little, I collected "cheap" costumes from Target and Halloween sale costumes that I knew they would like. So, the day I knew we wanted to meet Tinkerbell, I laid out a fairy costume. The day I knew we were going to meet Cinderella at Royal Table, I laid our princess dresses. I also do Disney T-shirts that I have picked up along the way, that they then wear for the day. I also do cheap things certain days. Dollar store glow sticks for the night that we are going to stay late for fireworks, sunglasses. The girls love it and it has saved us on begging for clothes at the park and the $20 glow things on fireworks night. It can be some work to plan and collect all of the stuff but it's that extra magic that I love.

I will try and post a couple pics, if you are interested.

Ok... very good point.

But, I'll play devil's advocate here.

Don't set yourself up for failure. The moment of driving under the arch might be magical. Or it might not be. When they're that age, what may be meaningful to us, may or may not be meaningful to them. On the first couple of trips for our kids, we'd point out the arch and then spend the rest of the drive to the resort explaining what it meant to them and the fact that Disney World is a big place, so yes, we still had to drive a little bit farther. And no, we can't go see Mickey/ride Dumbo/whatever they wanted to do right at this very instant.

Just sayin, while that might be a very magical and exciting moment. It also might be very anti-climactic so keep that in mind.

Definitely a great point. Fact is, if someone were gonna get all pumped about DDs reaction it'd be me. I know we'll drive under that arch way so many times as she gets older, maybe this first one is just for mommy... But thanks for pointing that out Andy; I sincerely appreciate your veteran parent and DISer point of view!

Hi im following im also planning on going to DW in April 2017 with my husband, sister in law, and my niece and nephew who will be 3 and 5 by then. we are definitely in the beginning stages of the planning process and super excited about it!!!

Hi :wave: and :welcome: glad to have a fellow early bird along for the ride!

We did something like those dates in 2014. At the time they still had SWW, and we hit the first day of that plus the last weekend of Flower & Garden. And I have to say, even with those events, the crowds really weren't terrible. Not early September level of quiet, but better than we've experienced this past November.

Oh yay! That's great news! With DD being so little, and DH having an anxiety disorder, smaller crowds are ideal! Thank you!

The Poly is amazing. We stayed there on our first trip before they redid the lobby and everything. It is perfect for strollers to get to the Magic Kingdom and to get back for a nap. (Wilderness Lodge is good for that as well) If you can afford it and stomach the cost, it is so nice. I would love to stay there again but the cost difference is hard to take! But the poly is amazing.

I've heard! We stayed at Poly with my dad like 22 years ago and I have never stopped wishing I could stay again! We shall see what ol' money bags says as time gets closer...:rolleyes:

Something else I do for our girls is Tinkerbell gifts. I lay out something in the room each night for the girls. We say that Tinkerbell left them. The first year, when the girls we real little, I collected "cheap" costumes from Target and Halloween sale costumes that I knew they would like. So, the day I knew we wanted to meet Tinkerbell, I laid out a fairy costume. The day I knew we were going to meet Cinderella at Royal Table, I laid our princess dresses. I also do Disney T-shirts that I have picked up along the way, that they then wear for the day. I also do cheap things certain days. Dollar store glow sticks for the night that we are going to stay late for fireworks, sunglasses. The girls love it and it has saved us on begging for clothes at the park and the $20 glow things on fireworks night. It can be some work to plan and collect all of the stuff but it's that extra magic that I love.

I LOVE this idea!! I have started buying little trinkets here and there. I was gonna give DD a backpack, but maybe this will work better! I just adore the idea of Tink coming and leaving little gifts!!

I will try and post a couple pics, if you are interested.

Please do, of you're able?:flower1:

I am not sure why the other day the photos weren't loading correctly.

Here are some pics!

This is from our first trip. We had gone to Animal Kingdom in the morning, came back to the hotel for naps. I had left the outfits on the couch for them when they woke up. We had dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table that night. Morgan had just turned 5 and Gwen was just shy of 3, so 2-3/4. (Probably about the age your DD will be when you go)

Tinkerbell Gift.jpg
They were super surprised!
Tink Gift.jpg

A couple days later, I left fairy outfits for them. I knew we wanted to try and meet Tinkerbell and Friend that day at the park. These I left out over night so they would find them in the morning.
Vidia Gift.jpg
(this is BTW, a room at the Poly! The room is soon big! There is a whole couch and chair on the far side of the room. Plenty of space for our double stroller.)

And then the girls wearing the outfits at the meet and greet.
Vidia.jpg

I do try to balance big and small items. Sunglasses this last trip was a big hit, as well. I should have found cute Disney ones, but they were still excited to have them.

Sunglasses.jpg

Gwen wearing her glasses in the park.
Gwen_Glasses.jpg

Match Shirts was a popular one.... I even snuck in some things for me... ;) I had done lots of shirts. I try to mostly get them on sale or Target, etc. (As you can see I left the tags on these WITH the red sale sticker on them... :confused3)
Shirts.jpg
Most times, they end up wearing the shirt that Tink gives them that day.

I don't have pics of some of the other items, but my other favorites, are pjs on the first day. The girls always wear them the whole trip. Glow Sticks... I bought cheap dollar store set this last trip and the girls did this with them...
Glow Stick Hair.jpg

Glow Stick Hair_02.jpg
Totally worth it! Not once in the three trips have they even thought to ask for anything off the glow cart!

Water Wings for pool time and googles!
Tinker Bell Gifts.jpg

You can really do anything. The girls love it and look forward to it each day. One night I fell asleep an forget to set out the items. My oldest woke up and asked where the stuff was. I sent them in the bathroom to "search" for the gifts. And quickly grabbed the shirts and literally threw them on the floor. oops!

I hope that gives you some good ideas!

I am not sure why the other day the photos weren't loading correctly.

Here are some pics!

This is from our first trip. We had gone to Animal Kingdom in the morning, came back to the hotel for naps. I had left the outfits on the couch for them when they woke up. We had dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table that night. Morgan had just turned 5 and Gwen was just shy of 3, so 2-3/4. (Probably about the age your DD will be when you go)

View attachment 170435
They were super surprised!
View attachment 170431

A couple days later, I left fairy outfits for them. I knew we wanted to try and meet Tinkerbell and Friend that day at the park. These I left out over night so they would find them in the morning.
View attachment 170437
(this is BTW, a room at the Poly! The room is soon big! There is a whole couch and chair on the far side of the room. Plenty of space for our double stroller.)

And then the girls wearing the outfits at the meet and greet.
View attachment 170436

I do try to balance big and small items. Sunglasses this last trip was a big hit, as well. I should have found cute Disney ones, but they were still excited to have them.

View attachment 170439

Gwen wearing her glasses in the park.
View attachment 170444

Match Shirts was a popular one.... I even snuck in some things for me... ;) I had done lots of shirts. I try to mostly get them on sale or Target, etc. (As you can see I left the tags on these WITH the red sale sticker on them... :confused3)
View attachment 170440
Most times, they end up wearing the shirt that Tink gives them that day.

I don't have pics of some of the other items, but my other favorites, are pjs on the first day. The girls always wear them the whole trip. Glow Sticks... I bought cheap dollar store set this last trip and the girls did this with them...
View attachment 170441

View attachment 170442
Totally worth it! Not once in the three trips have they even thought to ask for anything off the glow cart!

Water Wings for pool time and googles!
View attachment 170443

You can really do anything. The girls love it and look forward to it each day. One night I fell asleep an forget to set out the items. My oldest woke up and asked where the stuff was. I sent them in the bathroom to "search" for the gifts. And quickly grabbed the shirts and literally threw them on the floor. oops!

I hope that gives you some good ideas!

I love everything about this!! Not only a great money saver (heaven forbid we get DD a gift in the parks every day, can you imagine?!:scared1:) but SUPER fun way to bring a little extra pixie dust tot he trip!!!:tinker:

Other than Target where do you generally look? Someone suggested Kohl's to me, and Dollar Tree. Any other ideas?! I'm so excited to do this!!:mickeyjum Thank you so much for sharing!

Since my Hubby is no help...
I mentioned earlier wanting to possibly go a day early. I'd have to work that Friday, but since we live so close even if we left at 7 PM we'd be in WDW by maybe 10:30 PM. DD would totally sleep in the car, and hopefully it'd be an easy transition into the hotel... I'm a little concerned about that pat as she is really a night owl unless she is utterly exhausted. Another reason this excites me is that I'd have more dining credits

Which means we might be able to do a show! I actually thought of this because of my birthday. We went to a place near our house called The Mai-Kai. It's a Polynesian garden and dinner show. I was nervous to see how well Elora would do sitting for that long. But she did great! We took two walks around the gardens and a potty break, but other than that she sat with me and ate her dinner and then LOVED the show! She was in awe of the fire dancers and was doing the hula while she watched the women on stage. It was so adorable.

That's right folks! We were chosen to dance on stage and much to my surprise daddy got up there and rocked it out! I was so pleasantly surprised. We chatted about it later and he said he didn't want to be the "lame dad" who never participated... So, I started looking at HDDR and The show at the Poly. Any thoughts on those two? Or other suggestions?

Thanks a million guys; y'all are the best! TTFN!

I was thinking about Chef Mickey’s, but I keep hearing the food is just ok,

We ate breakfast there, the food was typical breakfast buffet items. The characters come around super fast, and we waited a really long time before they finally got to our section, which, with a 2.5 year old was not fun. I was running out of thing to keep her busy with when they finally came around.

Question about the strollers and boats...can you roll the stroller right on to the boat?

When we took the boat from DHS to Epcot, we had to take DD out the stroller and it needed to be folded.

Saturday through Friday, just May 6-May 12.

We're looking at the same time, also staying at POR!

I didn't even think about all the different stuff we'd have to bring for a toddler! Stroller and stuff is a no-brainer, but toys, will she be potty trained by then (I sure hope so), do I bring a bed rail, what do I bring to keep her patient if we encounter a longer line??

We went in Feb, DD was 2.5. I did not bring a bed rail. The first night she slept on the rollaway bed, the 2nd night her and I shared the bed. She's not potty trained (ugh!!) so we loaded up the diaper bag. Since you're driving, I found it was just easier to just throw a box of diapers in the trunk, as opposed to trying to estimate how many diapers she'd need.
I didn't go crazy with packing toys, because #1 I didn't want them getting lost and #2 she was so pre-occupied with everything else. I brought stuff to keep her entertained in the car, that was about it.
Keeping her entertained in line was a tough, because she does not understand the concept of waiting. Just try as many distractions as you can! It was difficult because each line meant having to take her out of the stroller, and then she'd try to run off. There was a lot of bribery with snacks!

We ate breakfast there, the food was typical breakfast buffet items. The characters come around super fast, and we waited a really long time before they finally got to our section, which, with a 2.5 year old was not fun. I was running out of thing to keep her busy with when they finally came around.

Yeah, I know it's the only spot for the Fab Five, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe if we ever stay at Contemporary, or if DD becomes a HUGE Mickey fan. In the mean time I'm thinking Tusker House will do fine for the Fab Four, or some version there of. Although, DH loved the food items; hes a meat and potatoes kinda guy.

When we took the boat from DHS to Epcot, we had to take DD out the stroller and it needed to be folded.

I love that I don't need to scour the inter-webs for this info.:disrocks:

We're looking at the same time, also staying at POR!

WE LOVED POR!! We are for sure staying at WL in 2017, but I foresee a visit to the Royal Rooms sooner rather than later. DD is really loving the princesses these days.

We went in Feb, DD was 2.5. I did not bring a bed rail. The first night she slept on the rollaway bed, the 2nd night her and I shared the bed. She's not potty trained (ugh!!) so we loaded up the diaper bag. Since you're driving, I found it was just easier to just throw a box of diapers in the trunk, as opposed to trying to estimate how many diapers she'd need.
I didn't go crazy with packing toys, because #1 I didn't want them getting lost and #2 she was so pre-occupied with everything else. I brought stuff to keep her entertained in the car, that was about it.
Keeping her entertained in line was a tough, because she does not understand the concept of waiting. Just try as many distractions as you can! It was difficult because each line meant having to take her out of the stroller, and then she'd try to run off. There was a lot of bribery with snacks!

Ah yes, nothing the promise of gold fish or fruit snacks can't help! Toddlers can be hard, I just want it to be as easy on her as possible. Thanks for the tips!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I love everything about this!! Not only a great money saver (heaven forbid we get DD a gift in the parks every day, can you imagine?!:scared1:) but SUPER fun way to bring a little extra pixie dust tot he trip!!!

So, in this regard, we found on the first trip, that if we didn't go into stores they didn't even seem to realize that there were things to get. So, we limited our trips in stores. I also tried to "lead" them towards items that we couldn't get at say The Disney Store. The second time they were a little bigger and we gave them a limit of one thing at each park. We used the thinking that there was unique things at Hollywood Studios (toy story & star wars) than say Epcot with stuff in Japan or the world showcase. It seemed to work good, that they knew there limit.

Other than Target where do you generally look? Someone suggested Kohl's to me, and Dollar Tree. Any other ideas?! I'm so excited to do this!!

I personally haven't had luck at Kohls' but I have heard they have Disney stuff. So does Old Navy. The first year I got them Cinderella Shirts from Old Navy. I do Disney Store on sale. I utilize the two for one sales and clearance. Dollar Store is good for glow sticks and little trinkets. Zulily will have Disney 'Sale' sometimes. I think I ordered Water Bottles off of Amazon. I get ALOT of stuff off Amazon anymore.

I can't wait to hear what you find and /or get! You have plenty of time to slowly collect the items. Which helps, too, you don't have to go out and get all of it once.

That's right folks! We were chosen to dance on stage and much to my surprise daddy got up there and rocked it out! I was so pleasantly surprised. We chatted about it later and he said he didn't want to be the "lame dad" who never participated... So, I started looking at HDDR and The show at the Poly. Any thoughts on those two? Or other suggestions?

Glad he participated! :dancer: I personally haven't went to either dinner show but 2 of my co-workers have done HDDR and highly recommended it to me. We just haven't found the time to squeeze it in. :confused3

I have always wanted to do HDDR! We stayed at Ft. Wilderness many times and never ate there. We don't have time/dining credits enough to eat there this trip, but maybe next trip we do that instead of CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter