The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Wow! I didn't realize how far behind I had gotten on your PTR! I had 2 whole pages to read! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted for ADRs (even after you tweaked them.) I think everyone should eat in the castle at least once and why not when the magic is still so very real to your kids! She is at a great age :thumbsup2.

I only remember the WL boats going to the MK, but that is the only place we rode them. It is very possible they go other places and we just didn't pay any attention.

As for your FP+ selections, I would go ahead and do PP, SDMT, and maybe Buzz or Tiana/Rapunzel. Jungle Cruise would also be a good one to use a FP+ on, depending on the time of day. You could also do one for Pooh, but they have a fun line with little houses and such for the kids while you wait. If you hit it early in the morning the wait shouldn't be too bad either. That ride loads pretty fast. I am getting anxious about our FPs as our window opens up in 4 days! I hope we get what we want, or at least close to it. I really don't want to alter my touring plans that much.

Anyway, glad I caught up! Hopefully a discount comes out soon for you!

Delays
As anyone still reading this thing can see it's been a longtime since I've been on the dis! There have been a ton of thing since happening in my family, I won't get into details, cause it's a long story, but there's a strong chance this trip may be delayed. :sad:

Not indefinitely and maybe not even at all, but it's very likely this May-cation will be in September now! As it turns out we're moving to the mid-west, Michigan to be exact. DH has an opportunity up there that would allow me to stay home with DD!! Plus the cost of living is so much less than South Florida we might actually be able to buy a house! It's an exciting move, but we're not totally sure as to when's we'd leave (although it's looking like April), which is why we're not sure about the trip.

As it stands nothing has been cancelled, but I may book a September stay, just for planning purposes; ADR day fo that would be in March. But that means hashing out dates, budgets and flights, which is new to me.

Any who, I'll get around to all your wonderful reports today; I've missed the dis in all this craziness!!

TTFN Friends, hope all is well in your worlds!

Exciting news for the move but boo for possibly delaying the trip. Hopefully it will all work out sooner rather than later! :flower:

Not indefinitely and maybe not even at all, but it's very likely this May-cation will be in September now! As it turns out we're moving to the mid-west, Michigan to be exact. DH has an opportunity up there that would allow me to stay home with DD!! Plus the cost of living is so much less than South Florida we might actually be able to buy a house! It's an exciting move, but we're not totally sure as to when's we'd leave (although it's looking like April), which is why we're not sure about the trip.
Holy crap! That's an exciting opportunity for you guys, but that's a heck of a big move! I hope it doesn't make you alter your plans for May... I'm sure you're excited to get moved, but hopefully it can wait until after the trip. I mean driving from South Florida is a lot more economical than flying from Michigan, but I know you'll figure it out either way!

Sorry your trip may get delayed but yay for such a great opportunity. That would be great to be able to stay home with your DD. I have told my DH if we ever need to move bc of his career, it would have to be a good enough opportunity for me to stay home, because as of right now, we live so close to my parents that they keep our kids when they aren't in Pre-K and preschool. I think it is wonderful that you may get that opportunity!

Wow! That is some big news! I understand how crazy it can be planning a trip to WDW during a move :scared: It sounds like the move will be a great thing for y'all! Keep us updated on what your WDW plans turn out to be!

One report i am not hopelessly behind on.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job! WOOHOOOOOO and a HOUSE!! Oh how i hope this ALL works out for you! EXCITING!!! so happy for you all!

oh how i wish to be a stay at home mom!!!

Well, it's done, we cancelled all our ADRs and other reservations for May. It's really looking like we'll be in Detroit by April, if not before. I'm psyched for the change, but I'm bummed about the trip being put off. I've seen all your wonderful replies, and I appreciate them, just not in such a happy Disney planning mood to respond individually.

My honey and I are hoping for September, but his job may be more demanding than we originally thought, especially in the first year. All is a waiting game!

I'm caught up on all your TRs and PTRs and I hope to stay that way, until we really start this cross country move!

That's all for now folks. Be well, see you on the Disney side!

So sorry to hear about having to delay your trip... DH and I had to delay our 9/16 trip last year at 32 days out and didn't know dates when we'd be able to be back. It was SO difficult... but because it was DH's job's fault we had to indefinitely delay the trip I used it as leverage to book a deluxe when normally DH caps me off at a moderate :love: #silverlivings

sending pixie dust your way - I'll be looking out for your next PTR!

Definitely a mixed bag there... exciting to get to make that move, but having to postpone the trip and not knowing when you'll be able to have a chance to try again definitely sucks. I hope the demands of the new job aren't that extreme and September will work out for you!

Wow! your about to have such an adventure! which is great news! Disney will always be there.. But it will be bigger and better!
and if you do sept.. remember me!

Sorry that you have to postpone your trip. My husband and I had to do that a few years ago because his health wasn't up to it, and it was definitely a bummer. The trip we ended up taking later was one of our best (though COLD in January), so hopefully yours will be as well. I LOVE September if you decide to go then!

So sorry to hear about having to delay your trip... DH and I had to delay our 9/16 trip last year at 32 days out and didn't know dates when we'd be able to be back. It was SO difficult... but because it was DH's job's fault we had to indefinitely delay the trip I used it as leverage to book a deluxe when normally DH caps me off at a moderate :love: #silverlivings

sending pixie dust your way - I'll be looking out for your next PTR!

32 Days! You guys were so close, I mean FP+ and all. That's rough. But I'm glad to hear it worked out best in the end!

Definitely a mixed bag there... exciting to get to make that move, but having to postpone the trip and not knowing when you'll be able to have a chance to try again definitely sucks. I hope the demands of the new job aren't that extreme and September will work out for you!

Exactly! The move will be great for our family, and will allow us to have a life where we are more able to take vacations. Just not so much fun having to cancel our current vacation...

Wow! your about to have such an adventure! which is great news! Disney will always be there.. But it will be bigger and better!
and if you do sept.. remember me!

Thanks Mo! I am really psyched for a new city, being able to support my family from our home, and just this awesome next step! You better believe if I get dates that over lap yours there will be a DIS meet!

Sorry that you have to postpone your trip. My husband and I had to do that a few years ago because his health wasn't up to it, and it was definitely a bummer. The trip we ended up taking later was one of our best (though COLD in January), so hopefully yours will be as well. I LOVE September if you decide to go then!

Wow, I hope your DH is much better now; having to cancel a trip for health reasons is doubly hard, I'm sure. We had such fun a few years ago in September, when I went with my mom and sister.

Then They Cancelled Wishes…

Well folks in the strangest turn of events I’ve ever experienced I went from zero trips, to two!

You did read that correctly

TWO TRIPS TO WDW IN 2017!!!

So here’s the story. We cancelled the May trip, and maybe a day or two later they announce that Wishes will end on May 11th. I was honestly devastated. Wishes is a big show for me; I watched it with my honey on Valentine’s Day in 2012; first vacation together. I watched it, many times over, with my mom and sister, all of us in tears over the sweet and heartbreaking backstory. And now I wouldn’t be able to share a moment with DD under the fireworks, her singing along to the Wishes song (it’s one of our bed time songs and she knows every word). I told my sister about it and she called my hubby and a trip was born. We are calling it the “Good Bye to Wishes” trip.

Sis gave us one of her passes she had left from her CM days, so we just needed one ticket, since DD is under 2. We can stay with my sister so no hotel needed. But then I mention a BB offer. DH has no clue what this is, so I explain; one night in a resort and we can book another trip at a discount. He AGREES!!!!

We will be at WL for one night on March 19th, only to book a BB for September!!!!

I cannot wait!!! I mean how lucky am I to go from one trip, to no trip, to two trips?! Even if one of the trips is just for a day. Excited does not begin to cover how I feel.

Here are the details:

We will drive up on March 17th after work. We are saying after work, although there is a chance I will not be working at this time. More on that later… We will stay with my sister and her partner the 17th and 18th. Early wake up on the 19th, head to WL check in, breakfast at ‘Ohana at 7:50 AM, monorail to the MK for a day of whatever DD wants to do!!! Back to WL sleep, pool, book a BB for 2 rooms in September. We are hoping for the 5th/6th-12th/13th at AKL, club level. Suddenly Dh is all "if we do it we do it right" and he wants to wake up to giraffes... He has expensive taste. When I asked what he'll do about work he said he will make it clear that he needs this time for the family to be together. I just love him so much.

And the WHOLE family has been invited. The September trip could include the three of us, my mom, sister and her partner, plus my SIL, her husband, my nephew, and my in-laws. 11 people in total.

I sent out a quick email to the group, letting them know what we were planning; dates a few ADR options, etc. And told everyone to get back to me asap because our first day to get dining will be March 9th. So far my mom and sister have said yes they’re coming, mom wants us to book a room for her at our resort. SIL is in the Dominican Republic with her family and my in-laws just got home from visiting with them, so I may not hear back for a few more days.

Planning for such a big group can be stressful, so we will plan what we would like to do and add them if we’re able to; they are last minute folks, and I SO am not. Hopefully there won’t be any family feuds started from all this.

As for DH, would you believe that he now has multiple job offers?? He applied to a few up there, ya know, just in case. Well now he has options. So we may be leaving a lot faster than we thought, OR he may be leaving and I’ll stay here with DD to pack up the apartment and get all of our stuff up to Detroit, while DH works and gets acclimated to the city.

SO much going on!!! My head is honestly spinning with everything. But it’s all good things, so I’m not going to complain, not one bit!

TTFN friends, hope all is well in your worlds.

Wow! I am so glad you were able to get the trip scheduled for before Wishes ends. We are going to miss it unfortunately, but both my boys and I saw it in June. Only my DH didn't see it because he wasn't on the trip but he hasn't been in 35 years so whats one more new thing? And WL! and then AKL club level! How exciting!

Can't wait to read more about both trips!

How exciting!!! The last Wishes is a mere days before we are there, and I am BUMMED!!! I'm excited to see the new show, but I love Wishes!

AMAZING NEWS!!! From one former 'trip canceller' to another, isn't amazing how things just work out?! Even tho at the time of cancelling its AWFUL

sending lot of pixie dust your way pixiedust:

Just found your report and got caught up so now I'm following along! So glad you get to go on 2 trips!

Wow! I am so glad you were able to get the trip scheduled for before Wishes ends. We are going to miss it unfortunately, but both my boys and I saw it in June. Only my DH didn't see it because he wasn't on the trip but he hasn't been in 35 years so whats one more new thing? And WL! and then AKL club level! How exciting!

Thanks! I'm sure the new show will be just spectacular but I'm psyched to see Wishes one last time.

It's a deluxe dream! I was honestly a little shocked when DH was all about the deluxe resorts, he's generally very money conscious. I think the draw of the animals did it for him!

Can't wait to read more about both trips!

Glad to have you along! :thumbsup2

How exciting!!! The last Wishes is a mere days before we are there, and I am BUMMED!!! I'm excited to see the new show, but I love Wishes!

Wishes is a classic, sorry you'll miss seeing it. BUT I understand the new show will be amazing! Hope you'll enjoy it just as much, if not more.

AMAZING NEWS!!! From one former 'trip canceller' to another, isn't amazing how things just work out?! Even tho at the time of cancelling its AWFUL

sending lot of pixie dust your way pixiedust:

Thank you!! It's really remarkable how things just work out! Life's an interesting journey.

Just found your report and got caught up so now I'm following along! So glad you get to go on 2 trips!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! We couldn't be more excited, we'll I couldn't be DD has no idea and DH really couldn't care less, lol! He's one of those people who enjoys it once he arrives, not so much in the way of the planning part.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter