baby trend sit n stand stroller?

brockash

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used the baby trend sit n stand (lx) stroller in the parks? I have a 17 month old and 6 year. I know the 6 year old won't be in there often, but I think it would really help out, especially at park closing. I tried it out at the store and it seemed decent to steer, but my concern is the comfort for my 17 month old. The front seat doesn't recline very far and doesn't seem that padded. My other concern is how it folds up; it seems to be a little bulky. Has anyone used this in the parks, if so have you liked it? Please give me any pro's and con's. Thanks so much!

We researched this stroller. while we really liked the idea of having a place for our older one to stand/sit at the time we didn't like that the seat the baby or younger child sits in in the front does not recline very far as you mentioned and the seat did not look comfy. it was not a good choice for us. It steers the same as any 4 wheeled stroller and controlls well if you happen to need to steer one handed. I did not fold it but my friend who does have this stroller has a minivan and it takes up alot of the trunk.

If you know that you won't be using it for the younger one to have a nap in the stroller though it is a good one!

good luck in your decision

We tried a double stroller with our 3 year old and our infant. HUGE pain in the but. Our girls are now 4 and 14 months......we LOVE our sit n stand!!!!

If you have a big lots near you, I just bought this stroller for our trip that is coming up. I have a 6 yr old and a 17 mos old and the front seat does recline some, it weighs less than the regular sit and stand and it is only $99 at big lots.

Here is a link to one on Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Fisher-Pric...15|39:1|66:4|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

I tried to buy it from there, but both of the Big Lots said they never got any in stock:sad2: Not sure why they advertised it, but I had a coupon for babiesrus and got one for about 10 bucks more. I was just worried about my 17 month old not being able to sleep very well, but it's looking like the best option for my 2. Thanks!

Thanks for all the input everyone. I've been looking online and this just seems to be the best one for the age of our 2. There's no way my son can fit in an actual seat of a double stroller, and since my husband's in Iraq, I really need to have just one stroller for them. I still have a few concerns for the comfort of my youngest, but I'm sure it'll all work out, thanks again!!

If you are not using Disney bus transportation, a Sit-n-Stand will be great. The seat does not recline very far but most babies have the ability to sleep in what appears to be extremely uncomfortable positions. It you are using bus transportation, just know it does not fold compactly and is a little heavy. If you are making this trip with no other adults, I think trying to carry and manage this stroller and your 17 mo old on and off the buses will be extremely difficult.

Have you looked into the Buggy Boards which are the standing platforms that would attach to the back of the stroller you already have. Your 6 year old will probably walk alot of the time and with the Buggy Board you won't have the size of a double stroller to contend with all the time and you won't be buying a new stroller that might only be used on this trip.

The fisher price version does not weigh anywhere near what the other sit and stands weigh. Not sure if that is the one you got or not. Also, it does fold pretty compact. The front seat does recline a good bit, in fact if it is reclined all the way, the second child can not sit on the jump seat. They can still stand on the platform though. I tried the other sit and stands and couldn't handle their size or weight. This one is great though. I also love the other features. Just wanted to clarify that there is a difference between them.

The fisher price version does not weigh anywhere near what the other sit and stands weigh. Not sure if that is the one you got or not. Also, it does fold pretty compact. The front seat does recline a good bit, in fact if it is reclined all the way, the second child can not sit on the jump seat. They can still stand on the platform though. I tried the other sit and stands and couldn't handle their size or weight. This one is great though. I also love the other features. Just wanted to clarify that there is a difference between them.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't notice, but the one in the big lots ad is the fisher price one. I got the baby trend one. I was trying to find any stores that sold the fisher price one, but I can't find anything, at least not online, and neither of the big lots near us have any. I'll keep looking around before I assemble this one, thanks!

what area are you in? maybe a big lots in the next town over? I'm not sure where else to get it for that price. I know there are some on Amazon and ebay.

We used baby trend for DN 6 and DN 1 it was great to have when the 6yr old was too tired to walk he could sit and going into the crowds no worries about him getting lost we gate checked it its great easy to push Dn now 7 wants to go again soon to WDW before he won't fit he wants to take the easy way he said I'll just sit while you push me can we go next week HMMMMMMMM I don't think auntie Micki is paying for this trip maybe next year he told me he won't get too big then have a great trip

what area are you in? maybe a big lots in the next town over? I'm not sure where else to get it for that price. I know there are some on Amazon and ebay.

We're in Colorado Springs. Yeah, I saw some on ebay and amazon too, but the $99 would be a lot nicer:) I'll keep looking, thanks for all your help!

We used baby trend for DN 6 and DN 1 it was great to have when the 6yr old was too tired to walk he could sit and going into the crowds no worries about him getting lost we gate checked it its great easy to push Dn now 7 wants to go again soon to WDW before he won't fit he wants to take the easy way he said I'll just sit while you push me can we go next week HMMMMMMMM I don't think auntie Micki is paying for this trip maybe next year he told me he won't get too big then have a great trip

I'm glad to hear it wasn't bad to gate check. Did you leave the sun shade on for that? I haven't assembled it yet, but when I was collasping it in the store, the sun shade seemed a little akward and looked like it would be easy to break. I was thinking about leaving it off until we got there if it wasn't hard to snap on. Did you have any problems with that? Also, did you use the bus system? -Any issues with collasping it then? Thanks!

I have seen a lot of joovey strollers, anyone know anything about them. I have a 1 y/o and 3 y/o, a sit and stand would probably work great for me. Thanks

Don't forget to check consignment stores too! I just bought the baby trend sit and stand for $35 at a local consignment store and it looks brand new. We've tried it a few times with 3 year old and small 7 year old and it works fine. Our 10 year old actually jumped on a couple of times too, although it was kind of hard to steer with him on! But with younger kids, it should do great at the parks!

I think the only complaint I have read about the Joovy is that it is heavy and bulky. (But most are) I would say test drive it in a store and if you can handle the weight etc, I think it would be fine.

I URGE you to consider another option than the sit n stand. My dd4 and ds1 are a pain to push. Just yesterday I took it to a neighbors, just 8 houses down. It was so hard to push I had to ask my daughter to walk. Imagine it at Disney. We take a Volo and a Chicco ct.6 with us to the park. If one wants to walk, we just close the one and hang it on the other stroller (both have hanging straps).

With all the walking you plan to do at Disney, you'll want to be comfortable and pushing 60 lbs is a lot in a Sit n Stand. Just my $.02.

Can I ask which sit and stand you have? My friend said the same thing about one of them (I think it may have been the Joovy but am not positive.) One of the reasons I didn't get it. I am actually surprised that Fisher Price discontinued theirs. I'm pushing 65 lbs between my two and it pushes great. I wonder why there is such a difference between them? Anyway, all that to say I ask because if my friend can't get the Fisher Price at big lots, she is still looking for a sit and stand type stroller. Just wondering if the one you have is the same one she has already tried. TIA!

I have the Baby Trend sit n stand from Target. Do you know anyone with one that would let you test it out for like a 45 minute walk? That might help you with the decision.

Joovy has a new sit n stand that is light weight and the sun shade is bigger. It's called the Ultralight Caboose. It's 21 pounds so they say it's 20% lighter than the older ones and that it pushes smoother too. I haven't seen one or tried it but it's another alternative, I know it's more expensive!

http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_cabooseultralight.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter