• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

baby swap for rides?

chipsgal63

Earning My Ears
Going to Universal for the first time in October.
Do they have a "baby swap" or something similar to Disney for
kids who aren't tall enough for the rides yet?

we have a 12 year old and a 4 year old. Don't think the little one will
be tall enough yet for some rides.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Yes...Baby swap is available for attractions.

Thanks!

My husband and I easily use baby swap for rides like the mummy, hulk, dueling dragons and even spider man that last time we went. What a time saver!

The kid swap for Dudley Dooright's Ripsaw falls is awesome
They have their own little roon, with chairs, and it's out of the heat

Exactly how does it work? Does my hubby get to carry my 4 month old in line all the way or almost all the way to the end and then I go on and he doesn't and then when I get back I take baby? Or do we have him wait separate for most of the wait time and then I wait with the others who are able to ride?

Jenn

All the rides have child swap. We only used it for HRRR and The Mummy. You walk the line with your family, then when you get to where the ride loads let the team member know you are using child swap. On HRRR I told them as we were going up the final set of stairs to the ride. They gave me a ticket, told me where the swap was, and said to hand it to the team member loading the rides when the other half of my party was finished. (But then I chickened out) :rotfl:

They wrote a time on my ticket so it couldn't be used like an hour later. With the Mummy you just tell them you are going in the childswap area, when your party is done they load you on the next ride.

Now whole family... We're going with my parents too. Would they be able to go and wait with DD and then switch with us?

Yes they would. As long as they walk the line with all of you they can sit and wait in the area with your children. We saw other families in the HRRR and Mummy area, with both grandparents and parents waiting. Just tell the attendant you are using the child swap and they will assist you.

We are going in October with a 3 month old and a 7 year old. If DH rides with the 7 year old will we be able to swap so the 7 year old rides again or will one of us (DH lol) have to ride alone?

Normally they let you ride with a member of your party, sometimes more than one.

Exactly how does it work? Does my hubby get to carry my 4 month old in line all the way or almost all the way to the end and then I go on and he doesn't and then when I get back I take baby?
This is the way it's done for most rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter