Baby shower gift ?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
My bestfriend's having a baby in June and I'm REALLY excited! Her baby shower is in May. I thought if she's not picky on the brand of diapers, I'd also like to buy her a box of diapers and wipes from Costco. I'll also be getting her a gift from her registry. If you're the expecting parent, instead of diapers, would you prefer someone buy more gifts from your registry? I know a gift from the registry isn't required, but I'll still buy from it.

My bestfriend's having a baby in June and I'm REALLY excited! Her baby shower is in May. I thought if she's not picky on the brand of diapers, I'd also like to buy her a box of diapers and wipes from Costco. I'll also be getting her a gift from her registry. If you're the expecting parent, instead of diapers, would you prefer someone buy more gifts from your registry? I know a gift from the registry isn't required, but I'll still buy from it.

I appreciated EVERY SINGLE DIAPER I got at my shower!

Congrats to your friend!

I appreciated every diaper I was given. I think your plan sounds like a really nice gift.

Is she a first time mom? I find that as a first time mom you register for a whole lot more items than you actually need or use. The second or third time around you tend to know more and be a little more practical.

I think she will appreciate anything either way you decide. My only suggestion is to possibly buy size 1, 2 or even 3 diapers since most tend to get little sizes and newborn size doesn't last long.

The mom's I know say they appreciate the diapers! Just keep in mind that you probably should not buy her newborn ones because the baby might be bigger than the diapers!

Is she a first time mom? I find that as a first time mom you register for a whole lot more items than you actually need or use. The second or third time around you tend to know more and be a little more practical.

I think she will appreciate anything either way you decide. My only suggestion is to possibly buy size 1, 2 or even 3 diapers since most tend to get little sizes and newborn size doesn't last long.

First time mom. I'll be buying a box of size 1 diapers for sure. I don't think Costco sells Newborn ones anyway.

Diapers, in different sizes not just newborn. I used cloth diapers with all my kids, so I just made it known and I got about 4 dozen diapers, pins, and vinyl pants. Fixed me right up. Little did I know that I would be washing and hanging cloth diapers for 5 years!

You could make a diaper cake gift. I made diaper cakes as center pieces once and i am not crafty, despite how much i would like to be, and i made then easily. I googled it and found lots of different ways to do it, just make sure you only use rubber bands so the diapers are usable. You can decorate the cake with other baby gifts, bibs, socks, toys, dtc. Also, you can make it as big our small as you want. If it seems to over whelming i am sure you can order one.
Good luck!

The mom's I know say they appreciate the diapers! Just keep in mind that you probably should not buy her newborn ones because the baby might be bigger than the diapers!

I agree, but I might also get her a pack of preemies...Not in case the baby is early, but in case the baby is long and skinny!

My twins were normal birth weight and still wore preemie diapers for a few weeks. They had little chicken legs and they just fit better.

I personally would not give a pack of diapers as a gift to a baby shower. Thats something the parents can take care of. If you get a huge box of size 1's for example, they only use half because the baby out grew them quick. Then what? What a waste. There other practical gifts to give than diapers. Esp for someone youre close with. I just dont think thats a nice gift. And im a mom! Maybe im in the minority? Lol.

I agree with Goofy. If there is a registry, and she has not asked for diapers, I wouldn't buy them for the shower. I would be too afraid they'd go to waste some how.

To be honest, I wanted the things that I registered for, BUT I understood that not everyone buys off the registry and I never would have said anything to anyone!

Does she have a Costco membership so she can return them if necessary?

I got an insane amount of diapers at my shower (like over 3000) and returned everything that wasn't Pampers because those were the only ones that fit my child and didn't leak. Costco diapers are similar to Huggies so if she doesn't have a membership, she may be stuck with a box of diapers that don't fit her kid correctly.

I know that I appreciated the diapers that I got, although we didn't use them for almost a year, as DD was a preemie and she was at least 4 months old before we could fit into size 1's. (she started out using a dr's mask as a diaper in the NICU.)

Now, before giving diapers, I try to find out if the couple plans on cloth diapering before I gift disposable ones. I have some friends here who cloth diapered and would have been offended if someone gave them disposables ("we are commited to cloth diapering!") and others that cloth diapered who would have loved the gift of disposables (they still used them when they were out of the house, for convenience's sake).

To each their own.

I just was invited to a shower this weekend where they asked that you give and inscribe a book to the baby in lieu of a card with your gift. I thought that was clever and darn handy - love building up the baby's library!!! And I know that we treasure all the books that were inscribed to DD for her shower - many of the gift givers have since passed away, and it's touching to see what books many of our friends and family chose for our little family.

I personally would not give a pack of diapers as a gift to a baby shower. Thats something the parents can take care of. If you get a huge box of size 1's for example, they only use half because the baby out grew them quick. Then what? What a waste. There other practical gifts to give than diapers. Esp for someone youre close with. I just dont think thats a nice gift. And im a mom! Maybe im in the minority? Lol.

No, I agree.

I had many unused diapers because my son was born big (almost 9 lbs) and grew fast (12 lbs when he was 5 weeks old). Also, only Pampers fit him right. I had so many of the "wrong" diapers, I was giving them away for years.

As a mom-to-be, I would most appreciate gifts off my registry. I registered on Amazon and I had the option to rate my gifts "must have", "like to have" etc. I would love to leave my shower with my "must have" items!!!

I plan on cloth diapering, so I am hoping a I don't get a ton of disposable diapers. I did register for some cloth diapers.

I know a lot of people think "oh, first time moms don't really know what they will really need," but I did a TON of research on pretty much every item I put on my registry, so I would love to receive a lot of items off my registry. That said, every gift at the shower will be a blessing and appreciated, regadless of whether it came from the registry or not...

I personally would not give diapers or wipes as a gift, especially the Costco size. What if they don't fit well? Then she is stuck with a huge pack of diapers. We went through 5 or 6 brands of diapers before finding one that fit my DD just right and we liked.

I personally would not give diapers or wipes as a gift, especially the Costco size. What if they don't fit well? Then she is stuck with a huge pack of diapers. We went through 5 or 6 brands of diapers before finding one that fit my DD just right and we liked.

I agree...but wipes from costco on the other hand probably would be welcome. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter