baby panda tickets (washington dc zoo) are now available for march and april

Holy Smokes! Thanks so much!!! We were LITERALLY just talking about this (the kids and I) about an hour ago!! DS brought home a Scholastic News all about the baby panda and we were talking about how much we were hoping to be able to see it when we visit the zoo in April. Talk about perfect timing!!

I never would have known about this any other way! THANK YOU SO MUCH!.......P

Maggie,

When did the National Zoo go to ticketing, or is that just for seeing the Pandas?

I've been to the National Zoo several times when in DC and never had to get tickets? :confused3 It was also so convenient for my schedule, if I had a few moments during my business trip I would run up on the metro and so those adorable pandas. :goodvibes

hey the tickets are free and they are just for the baby panda. maggie

All of the Pandas were outside enjoying the 50 degree weather.

No tickets were needed.

I guess someone could take a chance on the day they visit and not have the tickets hoping that the Pandas are outside.

We had fun seeing the elephants & hippos feed. :thumbsup2

Judy

I need to go to upload the photos & lighten some of the pix.

We did see the baby giraffe, baby elephant & 2 bald eagles.

My dd got picked to ask questions at the sea lion exhibit!

Judy

I got the panda tickets a few weeks ago and I have been to say Thank You to OP.

A few questions too, so is parking really that bad in DC? I read on the panda tickets and then again the AAAs lady suggested taking the metrorail, since parking is hard to find. Is it safe and how hard is it to figure out?

Is the zoo a place we can take a picnic lunch?

Thanks for all the help. I haven't been to D.C. since elemtary school for field trips.

hey we were just in dc a few weeks ago. metro was very easy to use. there is parking at the zoo, but it's pretty expensive. I thought metro was very safe myself. I don't see why you couldn't take a picnic lunch to the zoo, plenty of places to sit, esp. at the bottom of the zoo. :) also don't miss the amazon jungle exhibit. it's at the bottom of the zoo along with cows and goats. :)

We were in DC a few years ago and the Metro was very easy to use and my best friend who lives in MD says it is safe. She never drives into DC, she always takes the Metro.

My dd and I love the Metro. We were there last fall. Here is a tip if you take the Metro to the zoo. Get off at Cleveland Park, go to your right and you will walk down hill to the zoo. When you come out of the zoo make a left and walk downhill to the Woodley Park Metro. That way you are always walking down hill! We did it and it is an easier walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter