Baby on board

septimuswigley

Mouseketeer
Hi guys,
We're taking our 1 year old to DLP in June this year and we're staying at the Disneyland hotel (sooooooo excited!!) :) we've been to DLP before but this is the first time with our DD. So we have a few questions....

How do you guys sterilize baby equipment like bottles? She still has 3 bottles a day and we use a microwave steamer thing at home which we obviously won't have in the hotel, so what else is recommended to use?

We fly into CDG at lunchtime so what's the best (and cheapest!) way of transferring? We've normally got the magical express before but we're a bit concerned with the 1 hour journey time with a wriggling toddler!!

Also what do we do with a crib request? I've heard people mention that the ones at the hotel are nice white, fairly large ones! Wheredo people normally put them in the room? When we were in Florida last year, DD ended up sleeping in the wardrobe so we did 't disturb her at night:rotfl2: (it was a very large wardrobe!)

Any other tips and tricks with a youngster is welcome :goodvibes

We fly on the 9th June for the weekend so we're hoping crowds aren't too manic either!!

Thanks for the info

We were there last year with a six month old. There are microwaves in the hotel restaurants for breakfast and in the baby centres in both parks. Suss out the baby centres locations as soon as you get there, near the entrances. Great for feeding and time out. They have highchairs, microwaves and changing facilities. You can buy sterilising bags in boots for travelling, very handy. Though at one I wouldn't have thought you needed to sterilise?

We would always just have the cot in our room beside the bed so can't help on that.

For ease I would get a private transfer, most carry baby seats.

at one you don't need to sterilize any more - but if you do want to (maybe just the teats?) i would just use the liquid bottle sterilizer and use the sink overnight - thats what we did when ds was just over a year.

we just had the cot in the corner of the room - but since ds is used to his own room this didn't go down that well! maybe you could use the wardrobe here too?

have fun!

I'd agree with the sterilization. At one most kids crawl around the floor, put their hands in their mouth, drop food and pick it up and eat it. Unless you need to for health reasons normally washing with a bit of washing up liquid is sufficient. We took some in a travel bottle for this purpose. You can buy sterile disposable bottles as well or tablets or just plain Milton sterilising solution will do the job.

We weaned ours onto cow's milk and off sterilised bottles when they were one.

The good thing is kids under 3 eat free at buffets so you can get food for them without feeling guilty. We didn't know that when we took DD the first time and she was a bit picky so we didn't want to buy a meal for her and have her not eat it so we sneaked her bits of food from our plates. These days I think we'll be feeling guilty for only paying for a kids meal for her, she wolfs down food.

Either way, I hope you manage to sort something out. There is a good selection of fresh and UHT milk in the petrol station at Santa Fe.

The quickest way to get from CDG to DLP is via the TGV high speed train which takes under 12 minutes. The airport is referred to as Roissy and Disney is Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy with either TGV or SNCF at the end on the TGV website - I used TGV-Europe to book but there are other sites. You can collect your ticket at the station on the level above the platforms from a machine and if you buy the flexible ticket, if you miss the train like we did, you can exchange it free in the same machine for the next train. You must book a TGV in advance, you can't just turn up, well you can but you won't get on without having reserved a seat. You need to put your ticket into the yellow machine to validate it before boarding, we forgot but the checks are rare so we were ok.

The station is 5 minutes walk from the hotel and there is a lift at both ends.

We've had both kids at DLP when they were one, just pace it round them, let them sleep when they want and keep food and drinks to hand. They love small world at that age.

It's quite easy to tell you you don't need to sterilize while you are there, but if this is something you have done right up until this point, suddenly stopping in a foreign country might be a shock to the system?

But having said that, you really don't need to sterilize a bottle when your child is one (you should worry more about what milk you are going to use as they shops in DLP sell UHT milk, which is really no good for a young one!) I suggest you take follow on milk, already made in cartons, and take pre-sterilized bottles if you really need to. Have you thought about using a trainer cup yet? Much better for babies teeth (thought I suspect you use one for water so don't want to confuse DD yet?). But I think the main worry here is what milk you are going to use, full fat fresh milk is like gold dust!

IS your DD already one now? If so, you could start to get her used to non sterilized bottles then that would be one less worry :thumbsup2

Wheredo people normally put them in the room? When we were in Florida last year, DD ended up sleeping in the wardrobe so we did 't disturb her at night:rotfl2: (it was a very large wardrobe!)

When our DD was in a travel cot she'd usually end up in the bathroom when we stayed in hotels :rotfl2::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter