Baby likes to be rocked to sleep

OP - if having the rocking chair will make you more comfortable and put your mind at ease, go for it. You do have a couple of weeks to try rocking on the edge of the bed to see if that works for your little sweetie though. I always rocked DD in a rocker for a few minutes before laying her down but when we traveled, I would just sit on the edge of the bed and rock back and forth. It had the same effect.

My dd turned two in October. She likes to be rocked to sleep at night too. I found just sitting in a chair and rocking myself works just fine for her. She's so tired by the end of the day that it doesn't take much. She has been three times already and we go back in 86 days for her fourth trip. If she's really fussy I will stand with her and rock back and forth on my feet until she settles but like I said she's sooooo tired that usually just holding her and humming works. At home, she needs to be rocked!

Sorry I've got to side with your husband on this one.

You have 1 month to break your baby of the habit. IMO (and I'm sure there are lots of other opinions on this) - It will make you all happier in the long run. I have a friend at work with a 2 year old who still hasn't slept through the night. There are many reasons for this, bad habits that were started early - but one of the main ones is that the toddler has always been used to being rocked to sleep. This woman can barely go through a meeting without nodding off as she hasn't had a full night's rest in 2 years!

Anyway - not saying your situation would end up the same - but it is great to teach your child the skill of sleeping on their own at an early age. ESPECIALLY for vacations!

Start now putting the baby down while still awake.

Good luck!

:thumbsup2

Another vote here for sleep training. Always works great. Baby and parents happy. Trust me.

ghtx said:
:thumbsup2

Another vote here for sleep training. Always works great. Baby and parents happy. Trust me.

How do you know her and baby aren't happy with the way they are doing it now. Some moms like that time they have with their babies and there is no need to rush it.

angelmom27 said:
How do you know her and baby aren't happy with the way they are doing it now. Some moms like that time they have with their babies and there is no need to rush it.

I completely agree! While I don't rock DS to sleep I cuddle him and sing and lull him to sleep and I treasure that time. I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world! My paediatrician tried telling me to sleep train him at 8/9 months, I followed her advice and was left dealing with an upset and confused baby for about a week (and we had only tried for one evening!) The moral of the story is: do whats right and what feels right for you and your LO! At the end of the day you are the only person who has to live your life and you know your LO better than anyone else. Sleep training works for some, not for others. Personally its not for me!
OP hire that rocking chair, go with your instinct and enjoy your trip. They are small for such a small period of time we need to take time to stop and just enjoy them :goodvibes

Op I know you decided to buy one but in case you decide to rent I wanted to give another glowing opinion of A baby's best friend company mentioned earlier! I used them in June to rent a baby swing for my then 5 month old ds, another reflux sufferer. He slept in a swing at home then at night and I was so happy to be able to rent one to make our trip comfortable as well. They were great. The item was delivered to bell services nicely packaged and very clean. They even gladly picked up at a different resort (split stay).

Lisa

I LOVE my rocking time with DS at night. I know it's going to be just me and him and he's so cuddly when he's sleepy. I wouldn't trade it for anything, so I understand! I know you went ahead and got the chair, but if you're in a park or somewhere having trouble getting baby to sleep, I found a baby carrier worked great. I would walk with a little bounce in my step. Yes, I looked goofy, but it worked. :) I think it created the same sensation as the rocking. Enjoy your trip!!

This question reminded me of our first trip to WDW. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Our second night, 16 mos DD was over tired and having a tough time. I knew that I had seen rocking chairs somewhere in the resort. I called the desk and she told me where to go. Went to a small lobby, we rocked for a little while and she was able to go back to the room and fall asleep. Our next day, we came back to the room after lunch and there was a rocking chair in our room! It was a tight fit, but some sweet CM had dragged that heavy wooden rocker all the way to our room. We had it the rest of the week. Made quite an impression on us.

We did also rent a rocker that summer when we went to the beach. It was a nice little extra to have.

This question reminded me of our first trip to WDW. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Our second night, 16 mos DD was over tired and having a tough time. I knew that I had seen rocking chairs somewhere in the resort. I called the desk and she told me where to go. Went to a small lobby, we rocked for a little while and she was able to go back to the room and fall asleep. Our next day, we came back to the room after lunch and there was a rocking chair in our room! It was a tight fit, but some sweet CM had dragged that heavy wooden rocker all the way to our room. We had it the rest of the week. Made quite an impression on us.

We did also rent a rocker that summer when we went to the beach. It was a nice little extra to have.

Love your story! I rocked my SIX year old to sleep the other night and it was soo wonderful. Have not done that in many years but we had ice cream for dessert and we were both cold and he had climbed up in my lap to cuddle under a blanket and we just rocked till he was fast asleep. Carried him to bed and recalled the memories!

In my experience, sitting on a baby rocking chair with my baby really helps shorten the amount of time I need to put him to sleep. I am actually looking for a new baby rocking chair to be purchased since we already gave our baby's old rocking chair to our relative who had just given birth. I happen to stumble upon the site squidoo.com/baby-rocking-chair and I think they have good choices of rocking chairs for babies. What do you think?

In my experience, sitting on a baby rocking chair with my baby really helps shorten the amount of time I need to put him to sleep. I am actually looking for a new baby rocking chair to be purchased since we already gave our baby's old rocking chair to our relative who had just given birth. I happen to stumble upon the site squidoo.com/baby-rocking-chair and I think they have good choices of rocking chairs for babies. What do you think?

I think.....Magic 8 ball says.....you are spamming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter