Baby in Pageant....HELP!!

The standard response by pageant moms is "She likes to do this. It's her choice, not mine."
Oooh, that is one advanced 10 month old. The only thing DD could say at that age was "Hi." Over and over again........
Right.
Oooh, that is one advanced 10 month old. The only thing DD could say at that age was "Hi." Over and over again........
Oh! and don't forget the vaseline on her teeth to make them shiny! All two of them.

No no silly. The drool will take care of the shininess.

OP--I dont' care for polka dots so I can't vote on either dress. Personally I would just pick the one I thought she looked best in. But I agree with others that babies are always cute, even in just a diaper. Actually, they are even cuter in just a diaper.

NO! It was meant for suggestions...which many people don't have they would rather tell me that pageants are ridiculous. If that is it...someone go create a poll and ya'll go flock to them.

truthfully, I think people are having a hard time even coming up with a suggestion.

I mean, how in the world is a 10month old beauty pageant even judged? The winner is the one who's managed to grow enough hair to put a bow in it? :confused3

I'm just saying that if you want to have your child's beauty (really, that's what it is because they haven't developed a talent yet) at 10 months, then there might be some underlying issues.

True story: When my daughter was about a year and a half old, a friend (who had a daughter the same age) suggested that we enter the girls in a local baby contest. My daughter was very, very cute (aren't they always?) with huge blue eyes, and blond Shirley Temple curls. She was very outgoing and advanced (again, aren't they always ;) )

The other girl was not a beautiful baby (even her mother described her as "plain") and she was painfully shy. Guess which got up on stage and stuck her entire hand in her mouth, and which one smiled and waved to the crowd and won the entire contest...that's right my daughter placed dead last and the so-called "plain" child won. Even her mother was stunned.

That was, without a shadow of a doubt, the single best thing that ever happened to me as a mother. God help me if she had actually won the thing. I would have been insufferable. That experience defined for me that beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, and it doesn't make a bit of difference how people judge my kids.

On a side note, my son, who I thought was a pretty good looking kid, literally turns heads. Someone came up to me in a restaurant once when he was about 4 and said "I have seen children who look like him in movies and in magazines, but I've never actually met one in person. He's gorgeous". Never entered him in any beauty or modelling contests.

All I really wanted to know was if I should buy a new dress or not worry about it and use the one I have. Simple as that.

So I found this dress. The one in pink! Any opinions?

newdress.jpg

I like this one A LOT better!

All I really wanted to know was if I should buy a new dress or not worry about it and use the one I have. Simple as that.

You do know you're on the Dis CB, right? ;)

And for what it's worth, I think the second dress you picked out is much more age appropriate for an infant.

Knowing this board I can believe ,unfortunately, how fast this thread turned.

I don't understand it though. Why do some of you think it's your right in life to go off on other people? Why do you think it's okay to be so rude? If you want I can start posting quotes so that those of you who did it will know exactly that I am referring to you. Did your mother not teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?

Okay, so what might be right for one person isn't right for another. But with that being agreed why do you have to be so mean and rude? If you don't like the topic of a thread then don't post a reply, go to a thread where your opinion is wanted.

If you know by what someone posted that they are stressing over something, does it make you feel better that you just made them feel worse by telling them how horrible you think they are? Look, so and so can make so and so feel like crap. Are you proud? Does it make you a better person? No! What do you think you are accomplishing by putting someone's choices down so rudely?

A PP stated that the mother must have low self esteem, well I'm sure all of the negative comments did wonders for her self esteem, don't you? DUH people! It's bullying, plain and simple. And when your kid gets bullied at school and comes home crying, don't come posting here. You are just as guilty.

You know what this would be like? If someone posted a question about what WDW resort they should stay at and people started popping in telling them how pathetic it was to be that into WDW. Everyone would be screaming "Troll!!"

I've been ridiculed for my love of Disney - I'll bet many of us have. Obviously doesn't bother me, but it just reminds me that people have quirky likes and dislikes, and only big jerks like to tell them they are stupid.

If the OP had asked what we thought of pageants, it would have been a different thread...

Nah, she would have given them her attitude. Not that she got that from me... :rotfl:

Mine was crawling before she was born!

That either made birth easier, or it was one very uncomfortable pregnancy!

Oh, and my dog ate your cat's thesis. Before it was written.

Well if this ws truly a serious problem, I just have to say this dress is MUCH better than the first. I thought the first was entirley inappropriate for a baby. I would never put a halter top dress on a baby! It looks like a minature of a dress made to flatter a bust line, and babies should not be having thier busts flattered. Of course babies shouldn't be being entered in pageants either, but that is a whole nuther thing.

Oh I don't know about that, I'm not a huge fan of pageants either but my girls both have halter top dresses that are just adorable and they love them. I think they like the freedom it gives them through the arms and they just look cute!

Minnie, honestly it wasn't so much the pageant that likely raised flags so much as it was the "majorly stressed" part of your post. Don't you think it's a little bit odd to be majorly stressed out over a possible duplicate dress for an infant beauty pageant?

Go with whichever dress looks the best on your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter