Baby in Pageant....HELP!!

Why on earth do babies need to judged by strangers? Oh, sorry, you aren't cute enough...Must be the bad dress....

The standard response by pageant moms is "She likes to do this. It's her choice, not mine."

Right.

So when did your DD tell you she wanted to start entering beauty pageants? :confused3

I guess these events are more for parents' egos than they are for the kids. Especially at 10 months of age. . . :sad2:

So when did your DD tell you she wanted to start entering beauty pageants? :confused3

I guess these events are more for parents' egos than they are for the kids. Especially at 10 months of age. . . :sad2:

We must have a psychic connection. ;)

The standard response by pagent moms is "She likes to do this. It's her choice, not mine."

Right.

Well, she is advanced for her age, I'm sure...

Sorry, mom's boosting their egos by sexualizing their children are not high on my respect list. You want your ego stroked, go find a pageant of your own, and don't screw up your child.

OP, if it's just a local pageant, go ahead and wear the dress if you like it. Or, run to your mall and buy new.

It's really not going to scar your daughter either way. And, even if she were slightly older, most little girls love to match each other. Matching dresses=new BFF.

It's not until they get older (like jr, high) that they would even care. So, try not to put our grownup, anti-matching social mores on her.....

And, pageants for kids can be a flaming HOT topic on the community board. If you don't have thick skin, stop reading the thread soon.

These things don't happen up here (Western NYS). I've never seen BABIES in pageants. What's the point? Whose baby is the prettiest?????? What possible benefit is there for the baby?

My DDs liked playing with pots and pans when they were 10 months old.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest buying a new dress.

Or maybe have one designed for you.

I never had to enter my kids in contests. I already knew they were the cutest little things ever to walk the face of the Earth. :) But if you're all that worried about another baby wearing the same outfit that your baby is wearing then go get another one. Seems simple enough.

I'm sorry but how can someone judge one baby's beauty from another one's? I think all babies are cute, I'd hate to have to say one of them is cuter than another.

I personally think there is a special place in hell for people that judge a 10 month old's beauty.:sad2:

I never had to enter my kids in contests. I already knew they were the cutest little things ever to walk the face of the Earth. :) But if you're all that worried about another baby wearing the same outfit that your baby is wearing then go get another one. Seems simple enough.

Exactly! How low is your self esteem that you have to enter your baby in a beauty padgeant?

To the OP - is there a contact number for the other mother? That way you can call her and ask her if her daughter is going to be wearing the dress in the photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter