Baby friendly?

sweetbambi

Mouseketeer
We will be going May 21 for a week with a six month old baby and I have a few concerns. When we went the last time, we all got sunburned in DCA because there were few places in the shade to sit and rest. Has this improved? Since I, the grandmother, will be the designated "sitter", I dread the hot sun. Also are there baby changing stations at both parks? I am sure there are, but you know us grandmothers!

Kathy
grandmother of Alec, Ella, and Annalee

Baby changing stations in every bathroom that I can remember and those are the men's rooms! DCA is still pretty young with not many large trees. I'd say it was still pretty sunny during my last trip in January.

We took our son to disney in 2002 when he was seven months old, in my opinion DCA is the less baby friendly park between the two, but it's still fine; there is just less for little kids to do outside of the bugs life area. Just bring LOTS of sunscreen. I think the baby care centre in Disneyland sells the sticks of sunscreen for babies, we always use that throughout the day on his sunuburn "danger zones" (nose, cheeks, forehead etc) in addition to the morning application of sunscreen. The other thing we found was a God send were those fans that squirt water at you; a bit pricey but well worth the $17 over the duration of the trip. As far as I know there is a baby centre in California Adventure, but I'm not sure exactly where....we didn't spend that much time over there.

I've always been envious of people in the parks who were smart enough to carry their umbrella around with them providing instant shade no matter where they were. I intend to be one of them this next trip!

There are baby changing stations in the majority of both mens and womens bathrooms. In addition there are 2 baby care stations. One in DCA one in DL. The one in DCA is located behind next to the Mission Tortilla factory behind the big containers to hold the indredients for the tortilla's. Just keep walking past the factory, toward the gates and it's on the right. (opposite side of the building than where they sell the food). This one also has a companion bathroom. Which is nice because it is a lot easier. This is also the lost children area for DCA. They have a table with books and a tv with videos.

The one in DL is located at the end of mainstreet next to the Corn Dog Cart. They have a little basket of books out sometimes and some rocking chairs.

For both you must park your stroller outside. They have changing tables, high chairs, place for nursing, microwaves. Plus sell formula, diapers, baby food, bottles, sunscreen, pacifiers, just about anything baby related. They have little potties for those potty training and trained (my 6 year old still prefers to use the baby changing centers when she has to go). I prefer the one in DL, but both are nice. It's air conditioned and you can sit and relax for a bit on a hot day. They will warm food and bottles, etc. They are wonderful areas and I have been using them since my daughter was just short of 2 months old.

Another nice place to get out of the sun in DCA is the Animation Building. You can sit and watch video clips in a nice and dark air conditioned room! Another option is to leave DCA directly into the Grand Californian and relax in the lobby. There is a large number of comfy couches and chairs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter