Baby Food Question

SuperDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
Our DD 6mo will be joining us on our upcoming 7 day Magic cruise. I was wondering what some of you do for food for the really little ones. She just started eating strained foods from the jars and an occasional cracker. We just don't want to have to drag along 50 or so jars of food. Any suggestions?

You may consider stocking up at the grocery store when the ship docks in St Thomas. That way you would only have to bring half or so with you at the beginning of the cruise. :)

we brought some baby food, but fed our little one a lot of yogurt! fortunately, that is one of his favorite foods. you'll find the yogurt at breakfast, but i'm sure that they can bring it out to you any time you need it.

another thought...there is a food grinder you can buy that will mash adult food for babies. i'd bet you could get use that with just about any type of food served on the ship.

Personally, I'd rather carry on 50 jars of baby food rather than stress about what else may be available or whether I'll be able to find some more at a port of call.

We spent $125 at Publix before boarding last week (thanks Dave from Marietta for the directions). We had to buy baby food, formula, diapers, water (for formula), bottled water for us, Diet coke, bibsters (which worked great), crackers, etc.

We didn't want to pack all that and bring in our suitcases on the plane. It worked out well for us to stop there. Ended up we didn't have enough room in our 'extra' suitcase, so I got a box from the store and put the items in it and the guys at the ship taped it up for us. Very nice of them.

We were glad we did that because they don't sell too many of these items on the ship and if they do they are priced like gold. Example - $3.00 for one feeding of similac instant formula.

Good luck.

SuperDisneyDad. I salute you. On my first cruise I had to deal with a fuzzy toddler to be, and had to carry a cooler packed with soy milk, my baby was lactose intolerant. Then somebody told my wife that for our second cruise we should call DCL for the special dietary needs department and request them to have the soy milk instead of carrying it. We did. Our Head Server was indeed aware of it and had ready for us severals pints of soy milk, and the kind we wanted: Silk Soy Milk, so call DCL and they will send over the mail a special form for you to fill out and send back to them with your request. I wish I new before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter