Baby food pouches? Can i pack them?

Can I pack the baby food? Or do I have to carry it on?

I'd think you could pack them. We packed the little jars back in 2003.

Now, I don't know how old your little one is, but our daughter was 10 months old in 2003, and we brought a ton of those little baby food jars on the ship, and she ate ONE. Since she was doing finger foods, the waiters would always bring her a banana (already cut up in small pieces), fruit, and pretty much anything else we'd want.

At least the new packaging for baby food is lighter than those jars! Have a GREAT time!

Thanks!! He's actually 3 but he has sensory processing disorder and has texture issues. So w eats crunchy like crackers and dry cereal or purée and almost NOTHING in between :-/.

Thanks!! He's actually 3 but he has sensory processing disorder and has texture issues. So w eats crunchy like crackers and dry cereal or purée and almost NOTHING in between :-/.

Are you driving or flying? I don't know about airline rules, but if you hav a duffel bag, you might try packing the food in a bag on its own, just in case something busted open.

The MDR will also puree food for him if you ask ahead of time. I've never done it, so not sure about the flavor especially if he's not up for trying something new. But I found that its a nice environment to get them to try something new. My DD dealt with sensory/textural issues from 10 months to 2.5 YO.

Two things
'The first day you will not be able to get into your cabin until around 1:30 and your luggage might not be delivered until as late as 5pm, so you may want to carry enough on for the first day

The cruise is really rough on your luggage (see links to pictures below), so either carry it all on or be sure to pad it real good.

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43290010 post #2 ( thanks for the picture Princessshmoo I post it all the time)

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40772878&postcount=1

I packed some of those pouches last year for my DD. I had no problem, but I did pack them in ziplock bags inside a ziplock bag. I didn't want anything getting on my clothes.

Two things
'The first day you will not be able to get into your cabin until around 1:30 and your luggage might not be delivered until as late as 5pm, so you may want to carry enough on for the first day

Really good advice...we had issues with our luggage being delayed.

You may want to see how TSA is handling it these days b/c baby food is exempt from the other rules around liquids/gels, but when I flew with my daughter as an infant, you could bring formula and baby food in a carry on, but only a day's worth; and if you don't have an infant with you, they might question it because a day's worth for a 3 year old is probably going to be different. I brought a couple of the square plastic containers and packed the rest. Check their website or maybe even ask the pediatrician as they may have dealt with it with other parents. It sucks, but there are a lot of discretionary calls made at the gates.

Checked is fine with TSA. A reasonable amount in carryon is also permissible, although I have had TSA ask me to open jars (never pouches; don't know why) to test it. That only happened maybe twice despite flying frequently. Hasn't happened in a few years though. In my experience, the busier the airport, the less concerned they are with baby food and the contents of sippy cups (also exempt from liquids ban, but I have been asked to sip the contents). Definitely know TSA's policy and even print out a copy in case you get a hard time (I've always traveled with the policy whenever carrying breast milk - lord help the man who tries to compromise a woman's breast milk!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter