baby book?

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
thinking about making a baby book for a shower. My friend doesn't scrap so I was thinking it has to be pretty much done and she can just stick the pictures in it. any suggestions on what to include? thanks.

ps: shower is oct 17th and it's a boy.

pps: would you include a page or two for the baby shower?

I would include a two page layout for the baby shower, she might appreciate that. Also maybe a place where she can write about how she found out she was pregnant and how she told her SO about the baby. That might be fun!

You are so sweet, she's going to love that album!:love:

Maggie, I did one for DD's teachers this past June. Actually I did it out of chipboard and cds. On the front was the word Boy jumbled, done by the Graphically Speaking cart, the first page was a cd, the second was chipboard done as a scalloped square, another cd, another scalloped square chipboard, finalized with a cd. All the pages were done in coordinating pastel blue paper, some stripes, some polka dots. I embellished it with various boy themed items. I did put mats for photos and some mini titles.

If you are doing a large album I think it would be nice to include a section for the baby shower, especially if your friend doesn't scrap.

Here are my ideas:

All the firsts: bath, car ride, visitors, coo, crawl, haircut, tooth, solid foods
Pregnant mommy pictures
Baby shower pictures
Daddy n me page
Mommy n me page
Special outfits
2 page spread with places for 1 photo a month for the first year
Those eyes/That smile
Tiny hands/tiny feet

Too bad I have not put all of these ideas to use in my own DS's baby album yet! :rotfl: (I think I will always be behind!)

Maggie, I did one for DD's teachers this past June. Actually I did it out of chipboard and cds. On the front was the word Boy jumbled, done by the Graphically Speaking cart, the first page was a cd, the second was chipboard done as a scalloped square, another cd, another scalloped square chipboard, finalized with a cd. All the pages were done in coordinating pastel blue paper, some stripes, some polka dots. I embellished it with various boy themed items. I did put mats for photos and some mini titles.

If you are doing a large album I think it would be nice to include a section for the baby shower, especially if your friend doesn't scrap.

Do you have pictures of this? I'm making one for my DN, who is having a girl.

Here's a slide show from a book I did. I've done several others since then but I'm not sure if I have pictures.

I did a baby scrapbook earlier this year for a friend and his wife who had a baby girl in March. The theme I went with was "The First Twelve Months" so after the title page with the baby's name, birthdate/weight and space for a large photo, the book's two-page spreads started with April and followed through the year and ended in March. Each month had a different color theme and embellishments - but all had at least a few photo mats.

They aren't *at all* into scrapping, so I tried to make it very easy for them just to add photos in. I also included a journal box on each two page spread that had a different title...like "This month, she...." (and then lots of blank space) and "This month, for the first time, Allison...." and "Boy, were we surprised this month when she...." for them to scribble a few lines or a paragraph onto. The last month (March), the journal box said something like "Our beautiful daughter turns one year old!" with space to commemorate that.

They didn't have a shower, but that would have been nice to include somehow. The last page, I used my little Cuttlebug embossing folder "Created for you with love" with a triple matted little box in the center of the page.

I think it turned out quite well! Good luck - this is a fun project!!!

Maybe include the first holidays, visitors, grandparents...
a tradition w/ my kiddos was their first meal of spaghetti feeding themselves... I have a photo of all 3 of my little ones w/ a spaghetti sauced face and the bowl on their head!!! Those are my favorite photos..they were so proud of their accomplishment... now was the accomplishment... finishing the food or getting the bowl to stay on their heads? :confused:

Definitely include the shower...try to pickup some of the convetti used to decorate the tables (if used), they can be incorporated in the book. Just drop them in a Xyron sticker maker. I made a Diamond Fold book of a shower I hosted. I decorated and journalled in it, but it's purpose was to hold the CD of pics taken at the shower.

If you want to include more photos in the book for the shower without making it the theme...consider making a 3x3 diamond fold book/album that can fit in a pocket on a page OR at the last scrapbook convention I learned how to create a diamond folder in the 12x12 layout itself. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter